Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to say imo ...You never know what he would do.
If you followed the Jennifer Dulos case she had a husband, who killed her, who was equally as abhorrent as Barry as well as off the charts on the narcisst scale. And yet, he killed himself rather than go back to jail. If the narc is shamed to the extreme with no hope - I think it becomes a distinct possibilty.
Especially for BM and Jennifers husband Fotis - since they had both spent time in the slammer - Barry for even longer. Both understood the ramifications of being totally and utterly exposed for being ""posers".
To be totally exposed, leaves a pretty big gaping wound for these types.
I think the only way BM made it through the first "dress rehersal" Prelim was that he was being "fed" his narcissit supply by the two daughters, Sho, his Mom Shirley who seems to worship him and yes Iris too with her school girl crush. IMO Barry leaned on them and his phony fake Christian BS got him over the hump.
But even with the ladies by his side - The odds are good that Barry will never go willingly back to a jail cell. The arrest will have to be kept under wraps until its executed. JMO
I love how you used Barry and executed in the same paragraph.
One can hope.

These remains were put in paper bags, so there’s no way there was any bone structure to determine if she was actually wearing them, or if they were thrown in after.

So we’ll never know if she put them on for an afternoon bike ride, changing into them after taking off her bathing suit.

Or if Barry dressed her body.

Or if they were chucked in the grave.
Knowing him, the later. Can’t you just see him wiping the dirt off of his hands, with that arrogant smirk on his face. Grrr!!

The statement from his attorney says the autopsy results showed she had a cup of coffee, what in the world is she referring to? Are they saying the chemicals found in her bone marrow were from coffee?
I haven't been able to look at the actual PDF file yet but if the autopsy at all mentioned the presence of caffeine, that could be what IE is latching on to in order to ignore the room's elephant.

Speaking of, would it be possible to lace her coffee with tranq?

The statement from his attorney says the autopsy results showed she had a cup of coffee, what in the world is she referring to? Are they saying the chemicals found in her bone marrow were from coffee?
No. Just that there’s caffeine in her system (I imagine from the marrow), which they are then stretching to make the argument she definitely consumed coffee just before her murder.

I’m sure we’ll learn that caffeine can be found hours after it was consumed, thereby proving nothing.

Would her foot bones be missing due to animals uncovering the shallow gravesite? Or were her partial remains moved later from a previous location? Thoughts?

BBM
~snip

‘A bullet was also found, but it wasn't clear whether it was used, according to the attorneys of Barry Morphew.

His attorneys also tell 9NEWS that none of Suzanne's bones in her feet were found in the shallow grave, nor were her shoes. They do not know why that might be.’

~snip

Suzanne Morphew's autopsy reveals she died by homicide

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
"Barry Morphew is innocent and he could not have killed his wife," said Jane Fisher-Byrialsen, one of Barry's attorneys. "She got up the morning of Mother's Day, had her cup of coffee, that is now confirmed with the autopsy report. Also confirmed with the autopsy report is that she put on her bike clothes. She was on a bike ride and abducted. The tranquilizer that was found in her bones, allegedly, is a very common animal tranquillizer that could be used on farms or by hunters, which are people who are very prevalent in that area of Salida."

First off, I don’t know how an autopsy can confirm she had her coffee. Second of all, she was wearing bike clothes, which only means she was possibly planning on going for a bike ride when Barry returned home. Third, give me a fricken break. A random abductor is carrying around the very same chemicals that Barry owned and admitted to using recently, and claimed he may have thrown out.

Enjoy the collapse of your civil case.

"Her biking clothes were found WITH her remains, according to Barry's attorney and the autopsy report"" caps by me

IMO We don't know if she was wearing biking clothes when BM killed her or if he dressed her afterwards ( the bikini was found thrown on the closet floor iirc and some found that odd ) or if he just dumped biking clothes in that shallow hole of a grave to round out his alibi. At least as far as I can tell by that article.

Reading the presence of those chemicasl is a true aha wow moment for me/ as well as sickening feeling .
"The manner of death is listed as "homicide by undetermined means in the setting of butorphanol, azaperone, and medetomidine intoxication," according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation." I need to google but is that the deer tranquilizer that the husband had on hand? Looks like the dart gun theory may not be that far fetched after all
JMO

I just saw on You tube that court Tv is saying the autopsy said Suzanne’s death was Homicide and drugs and a pain killer were in her system? I’m going back to read this thread as I’ve been out today. Glad they know its homicide but would Barry have drugged her and then dumped her body to smother in a grave? Or am I way off?

That guy needs to be charged. His girls need to find out what he is really made of!

No. Just that there’s caffeine in her system (I imagine from the marrow), which they are then stretching to make the argument she definitely consumed coffee just before her murder.

I’m sure we’ll learn that caffeine can be found hours after it was consumed, thereby proving nothing.
According to WebMD it can be found up to 10 hours after consumption. I suppose this is also dependent on the amount consumed and other factors.

But I don't much think that her morning coffee consumption or lack thereof means anything. Does having coffee mean she couldn't have been killed that morning?

Interesting…… since if I read this statement correctly: “Also confirmed with the autopsy report is that she put on her bike clothes.”

Is the defense indicating that SM remains were found clad in the bike clothes?

Sorry if answered below…… but I did not see that notation IIRC from the synopsis of the autopsy results released earlier this afternoon and up thread. MOO

Would her feet bones be missing due to animals uncovering the gravesite or were her remains moved to the desert from a previous location? Thoughts?

BBM
~snip

A bullet was also found, but it wasn't clear whether it was used, according to the attorneys of Barry Morphew.

His attorneys also tell 9NEWS that none of Suzanne's bones in her feet were found in the shallow grave, nor were her shoes. They do not know why that might be.

~snip

Suzanne Morphew's autopsy reveals she died by homicide
I wonder if the bullet found in the grave area matched the one found on the master bedroom floor of the Puma Path house by LE?
JMO

Of course she was found wearing biking clothing. Had to be found that way to go along with Barry’s narrative of the Mother’s Day (non) bike ride. I mean he set the whole thing up and even though I think he thought she may never be found, he made sure to dress her in some biking clothes (if she wasn’t already wearing them getting ready to go out on her bike ride just before he arrived home Saturday afternoon), just in case. Sure enough, lo and behold, and by imo some divine intervention, she was found. And wow 7 months later via autopsy report, we find out she did in fact have tranq in her system.
Not shocked as LE and most of us here figured tranq was likely used in some form or fashion in the commission of BM’s heinous crime.
I believe investigators have most everything they need to nail him/bring him down for good except for maybe one big thing/final piece of the puzzle.

They need to put him in Moffat. He left his phone at home and used a different vehicle that he had access to to transport SM.
LE needed to find said vehicle. I believe this is likely what they have been/are working diligently on since she was found last September. I suppose they might have that piece figured out already and possibly holding close to the vest prior to making arrest? Idk, but I think he’d likely? Maybe? would’ve been arrested by now if they’re able to put him in the Moffat grave location especially because he’s always been and still is the number one and only suspect. And now with SM’s remains having been found and tranq in her system confirmed, they literally have more of a mount-TON of evidence against him and if they were also able to place him in Moffat, surely he’d be arrested by now? What do y’all think??

It would be great if something else was found at the gravesite that ties back to BM, his DNA under her fingernails? Or something he may have discarded at/near the grave location that was sent out for testing and his fingerprints and/or his DNA were found on it but think they’d have those results back by now and if was the case, again, wouldn’t he have been arrested by now or at the very least, brought in for questioning? Or do you think test results on anything found at the gravesite with SM’s body are possibly still outstanding?

At any rate, I’m just concerned if they still don’t know/can’t put him in Moffat due to him having either used a non-gps vehicle, and/or possibly disabled gps on whichever mode of transport he used. Or, if as some believe, he possibly had help with the disposal (I personally don’t think he had help). If that were the case though, unless someone talks, we may never know. Some people may think with everything else they already had on him in addition to now having found her remains and tranq confirmed in her system, that it’s enough for a conviction, maybe? I tend to doubt it but who knows.

All I know is, IE/team BM will be all over it if they still can’t place the murderer, BM, in Moffat. So ya, it’s still a big concern for me, but I’m gonna hold out hope that LE have since figured that piece of the puzzle out to be able to put the proverbial final nail in BM’s coffin and that his arrest is imminent, as in, the next day or two. Wouldn’t that be great, a girl can dream!

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-clarity
I don’t think he dressed her. I have enough trouble putting a sports bra on a live body, let alone a dead one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv