Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

This, or she wore it to keep dirt and debris off her face when biking.

When I walk, I wear a neck gator to keep the sun off my face and flying creatures and dirt out of my mouth.

JMVHO.
The balaclava stood out to me as I recall those became somewhat popular during Covid but this was only 2 months into the pandemic and I don't remember anyone wearing them at that time. Does anyone recall pics of Suzanne in her biking gear, wearing one?

IMO those clothes could be worn biking but also aren’t uncommon to wear around the house for chores, lounging, etc. I think it’s a bit of a stretch for the attorney to refer to them as “bike clothes”.

So far, Barry has shown every step of the way that he’s done zero calculation. It’s unlikely he has the brain cells and foresight to dress her body in order to fit his bike story. Everything he’s done so far has been impulsive, reactive, and covering his tracks. I think he left her in the clothes she had on at the time.
Ooh, good point! Right? Here in Colorado, people take biking/cycling extremely seriously. I expect a "bike outfit" to look like this:

Anything less could really just be Saturday bummin-around clothes in a state where people wear activewear all day every day. I myself am wearing LuluLemon yoga leggings, a Sweaty Betty sports bra, and an organic cotton t-shirt right this minute while working on my dissertation power-refreshing Websleuths.

Barry's statement released through attorneys in the article.
My head is exploding! Didn't twig when it was posted earlier about the coffee comment, read it but didn't read it iykwim. (That's not all that made my head explode in the statement )

moo

As most know by now, there are the facts-- and not to be confused with facts by IE:

Wolfe authored a report on BAM as a safe and effective way to immobilize black bears.

Wolfe was one of 14 expert witnesses struck by 11th Judicial District Judge Ramsey Lama in the weeks before the trial. In a 20-page order, Lama gave a scathing rebuke to the prosecution for what he called a "sloppy" and "reckless" pattern of discovery violations.

Lama did not find a discovery violation regarding Wolfe's testimony, but considered the tranquilizer injection theory "too speculative" and "too tenuous" and thought that its admission would be "error" according to Eytan's complaint.

Also ousted from testifying as experts were witnesses who were going to give their opinions on cellphone records, DNA, and telematix, which is vehicle movement. With such a weakened case, prosecutors asked Lama to dismiss it without prejudice and the request was granted.

ETA: Nowhere was the the testimony re. BAM used to sedate SM suppressed and the evidence not going to be allowed at the trial!

Cutting Wolfe as a witness was a (discovery) violation sanction for a timing issue by the Judge who's discretionary actions alone forced the dismissal. MOO

Pure speculation on my part.

I wonder if Suzanne had her biking clothes laid out. After her shower, she was going on a ride. Barry came in and ended up killing her. He just grabbed her laid out clothes and took them along, threw them in the grave.

I'm sure he didn't take into consideration that the material biking clothes are made of are not going to degrade like natural fibers will. That stuff will last forever. My husband rides, the ones he gets rid of are because the seams are wearing out, not because they get holey and fall apart or tear easily.

I wonder about Suzanne's footwear. Did LE find her biking shoes at home? With the bike? Fragments with her? Another thing that isn't going to disintegrate anytime soon. One of his trash dumps?

I wonder if Suzanne had her biking clothes laid out. After her shower, she was going on a ride. Barry came in and ended up killing her. He just grabbed her laid out clothes and took them along, threw them in the grave.

I'm sure he didn't take into consideration that the material biking clothes are made of are not going to degrade like natural fibers will. That stuff will last forever. My husband rides, the ones he gets rid of are because the seams are wearing out, not because they get holey and fall apart or tear easily.

I wonder about Suzanne's footwear. Did LE find her biking shoes at home? With the bike? Fragments with her? Another thing that isn't going to disintegrate anytime soon. One of his trash dumps?
I'd guess her missing feet/shoes were the result of animal predation. It's happened in too many cases to recall. Hands & feet missing is pretty common in the cases I've followed over the years.

Note to IE:

There was no bike ride.
There was no Sunday coffee.
No rando bushy haired abductor stole Barry's illegal BAM, doubled back to plant a sheath in Barry's shorts, slipped Suzanne out of the house while Barry was standing right there, nor convinced Barry to hang out in a Bloomfield hotel while claiming to work on an industrial retaining wall. Rando bushy haired abductors ain't got no time for that.

Jmo

Yes.

Per the AA. The expert said, based on Suzanne's size relative to wild game, it would take 8 to 12 minutes.

Suzanne's last proof of life photo showed her to be natural, beautiful, glowing. Dreamy. Only Barry said she looked drunk.

Ah, but Barry was describing her actual last proof of life moment, as INTOXICATION from BAM overtook her, clouding her eyes, laboring her breathing until it/he squelched the light out of her forevermore. I hope he's HAUNTED by that image.

JMO
It is possible the BAM killed her, depending where the dart struck, but if she was hit in the buttocks so it hit muscle rather than an internal organ it may have just knocked her out. The last sound he heard was Suzanne gently snoring which would be an indication she was unconscious, lying on her back.

According to the AA beginning on page 122 two Veterinarians were interviewed about BAM. They said a person would be sedated within 4-20 or 8-12 minutes and the sedation would last from 2 to 8 hours. Whether it was lethal would depend on the size & health of the person, if the dart did any damage to internal organs and how that person processes the drug. While it’s possible Suzanne died from positional hypoxia, it’s just as likely that BM did something to un-alive her while she was sedated & unable to fight back.

IMO

Reminds me of that Columbo episode where he nails the killer because he tied a victim’s shoelaces incorrectly.

Not that it would help this case. Barry probably can’t even tie his own.

Barry's statement released through attorneys in the article.
My head is exploding! Didn't twig when it was posted earlier about the coffee comment, read it but didn't read it iykwim. (That's not all that made my head explode in the statement )

moo
From the article:

Despite the fact that unknown male DNA was found in Suzanne's car, where her bike was parked, on her bike grips, handlebars, and bike seat, the authorities will not tell the Morphew family whether Suzanne's bike clothes, collected seven months ago with her remains, have been tested for DNA. DNA left on her clothing by the murderer could bring justice for Suzanne, her family and the community. The authorities will also not provide the Morphew's [sic] any information regarding whether they have performed any testing on the bullet that was collected with Suzanne's remains.

Why would LE tell Barry anything? He remains the prime and only suspect in an ongoing investigation.

As most know by now, there are the facts-- and not to be confused with facts by IE:

Wolfe authored a report on BAM as a safe and effective way to immobilize black bears.

Wolfe was one of 14 expert witnesses struck by 11th Judicial District Judge Ramsey Lama in the weeks before the trial. In a 20-page order, Lama gave a scathing rebuke to the prosecution for what he called a "sloppy" and "reckless" pattern of discovery violations.

Lama did not find a discovery violation regarding Wolfe's testimony, but considered the tranquilizer injection theory "too speculative" and "too tenuous" and thought that its admission would be "error" according to Eytan's complaint.

Also ousted from testifying as experts were witnesses who were going to give their opinions on cellphone records, DNA, and telematix, which is vehicle movement. With such a weakened case, prosecutors asked Lama to dismiss it without prejudice and the request was granted.

ETA: Nowhere was the the testimony re. BAM used to sedate SM suppressed and the evidence not going to be allowed at the trial!

Cutting Wolfe as a witness was a (discovery) violation sanction for a timing issue by the Judge who's discretionary actions alone forced the dismissal. MOO
IE can't be having a very good day today..........

I can only assume LE has kept tabs on BM and knew exactly where he was today. You know, just in case he had coincidentally planned a vacation.

JMO

Note to IE:

There was no bike ride.
There was no Sunday coffee.
No rando bushy haired abductor stole Barry's illegal BAM, doubled back to plant a sheath in Barry's shorts, slipped Suzanne out of the house while Barry was standing right there, nor convinced Barry to hang out in a Bloomfield hotel while claiming to work on an industrial retaining wall. Rando bushy haired abductors ain't got no time for that.

Jmo
ps iris dearie, ain't nobody on earth gonna test every single person in the world that uses tranquiliser darts..
but try, why doncha.
popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads