Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go ahead and help Iris here:

For the past four years the Morphews have agonized over Suzanne's disappearance. This included not only the pain of the loss of their wife and mother but also the false accusations and prosecution of Barry Morphew. The Morphews have prayed the authorities would remove their blinders and not only find Suzanne, but find the suspect responsible for her disappearance and murder. However, the Morphews are left with more questions than answers and a lack of justice for Suzanne, the family
and the community.

For the past four years, Barry has felt the unrelenting pressure of a murder investigation, and the public scrutiny that comes with it. Barry has prayed that law enforcement would never find Suzanne, and would turn their attention away from him, and towards literally any other suspect, human or otherwise, viable or not. Although Barry has all of the answers, he is deathly afraid of what law enforcement can prove, and continues to have a sense of impending doom in regards to a future murder indictment. He prays that day never comes, and he can continue to live as a free man.

I'm going to go ahead and help Iris here:

For the past four years the Morphews have agonized over Suzanne's disappearance. This included not only the pain of the loss of their wife and mother but also the false accusations and prosecution of Barry Morphew. The Morphews have prayed the authorities would remove their blinders and not only find Suzanne, but find the suspect responsible for her disappearance and murder. However, the Morphews are left with more questions than answers and a lack of justice for Suzanne, the family
and the community.

For the past four years, Barry has felt the unrelenting pressure of a murder investigation, and the public scrutiny that comes with it. Barry has prayed that law enforcement would never find Suzanne, and would turn their attention away from him, and towards literally any other suspect, human or otherwise, viable or not. Although Barry has all of the answers, he is deathly afraid of what law enforcement can prove, and continues to have a sense of impending doom in regards to a future murder indictment. He prays that day never comes, and he can continue to live as a free man.

Second paragraph fits him. Exactly. Like a glove.

Notice she is challenging the autopsy - “allegedly drugged”
and making the assumption she dressed herself (because autopsy results can show She did that - I don’t think so Tim.)
Yup, that’s a sign of complete desperation.

And lol, AL has apparently gotten into commercials for extended home warranties now. I just saw a commercial a few minutes ago.

This is such a blatant lie, just like the DNA lie.

It doesn’t confirm she had her morning cup of coffee, and it certainly doesn’t confirm that she put on her bike clothes.

There is not a tox panel for Starbucks “Pike Place Roast”, and scattered bones don’t tell you if she was even wearing her biking clothes, much less dressed herself.

Caffeine found during those tests would merely tell you if she consumed caffeine within a certain period of time.

And I love how the coffee is confirmed by testing, but the drugs in her system are “alleged.”

I guess we just pick and choose, and make up the rest.
I thought the "family" statement put out by the attorneys was horrible/way to lengthy. Just trying to sway public opinion, i guess. How does he have the $$ to keep paying the lawyers who must know he is guilty but are more than happy to take his cash? Putting her lips to that cup, dressing her and all of the follow up cover-up that he did combined with the mountains of circumstantial evidence will convict him, imo. Any guess when they will arrest him again. I hope there are cameras there...

Wow WOW WOW!!! I just heard on the news about the animal tranquilizer found in her bones. I know y'all have already known but I'm just SO glad to hear this news!
All of the memes in my head of a mountain lion Ubering with her body 45-50 miles away...ridiculous stuff like that in my head.
Y'all know what I mean...hahahahahahahahaha.
Bear bear Busted again.
what a jerk

Given the ridiculous nature of excuses coming from team BM today, I feel like we're thiiiiiis close to reading a new statement from IE determining that it was actually a mountain lion that somehow shot the tranq gun. Animals are smart these days, you know?

As most know by now, there are the facts-- and not to be confused with facts by IE:

Wolfe authored a report on BAM as a safe and effective way to immobilize black bears.

Wolfe was one of 14 expert witnesses struck by 11th Judicial District Judge Ramsey Lama in the weeks before the trial. In a 20-page order, Lama gave a scathing rebuke to the prosecution for what he called a "sloppy" and "reckless" pattern of discovery violations.

Lama did not find a discovery violation regarding Wolfe's testimony, but considered the tranquilizer injection theory "too speculative" and "too tenuous" and thought that its admission would be "error" according to Eytan's complaint.

Also ousted from testifying as experts were witnesses who were going to give their opinions on cellphone records, DNA, and telematix, which is vehicle movement. With such a weakened case, prosecutors asked Lama to dismiss it without prejudice and the request was granted.

ETA: Nowhere was the the testimony re. BAM used to sedate SM suppressed and the evidence not going to be allowed at the trial!

Cutting Wolfe as a witness was a (discovery) violation sanction for a timing issue by the Judge who's discretionary actions alone forced the dismissal. MOO
I'd love to see Lama interviewed regarding the autopsy findings.

Hi! Hoping you would be here and tell us what you think of LE finding the port and the tranquilizer BM gave Suzanne. For it to remain in her bone marrow, wouldn’t he have had to shoot her with the dart gun? Would love to hear your thoughts.
Blood circulates through the bone marrow. Whether it was injected in the port or struck her in her muscle, it would find its way into the marrow.

Question for all - is it possible she was buried alive based on the above info.? Wouldnt the autopsy show that? That would really upset me even more so.
But I am sooo grateful her body was found.
The autopsy wouldn’t show that, as there were no lungs to analyze. I think there’s a very, very, remote possibility that she was transported alive, and perhaps that recovered bullet factors in.

The autopsy wouldn’t show that, as there were no lungs to analyze. I think there’s a very, very, remote possibility that she was transported alive, and perhaps that recovered bullet factors in.
Why would there be a bullet with her? Wouldn’t they know tranq bullet vs gun? It did not look specified as to what kind of bullet was found.

I'm hoping for a Felony Friday, but Felony Saturday will do

Better than a SWAT Team Saturday
Given the ridiculous nature of excuses coming from team BM today, I feel like we're thiiiiiis close to reading a new statement from IE determining that it was actually a mountain lion that somehow shot the tranq gun. Animals are smart these days, you know?
Or, that Barry witnessed a mountain lion in his garage, paws up on his work station and he was quite certain that he had one of his tranqs in his mouth before Barry scared him off with a fierce show of his biceps.... Barry then theorized if she was attacked by this same cat, the cat would have left her "intoxicated" through the saliva to bite contact... She then probably hopped on her bike in attempt to get away, but the cat may have caught up to her. Barry then noted that he has observed cats bury there next meal up to 50 miles away, yeah... something like that... he said.

Why would there be a bullet with her? Wouldn’t they know tranq bullet vs gun? It did not look specified as to what kind of bullet was found.
They wouldn’t refer to a tranquilizer dart as a bullet, and the description sounded to me like it had been fired, and worn by the elements.

So it’s either entirely unrelated, or Barry wanted to make sure she was dead.

The counterpoint to the latter is that there’s a decent chance it would have left telltale damage on something they recovered, so I think it’s unlikely to factor in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe