Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am newish to the community/ case. With the autopsy report coming out I hope Suzanne can finally rest in peace.

I have not made it through the backlog of threads, I was wondering if someone could give me a summary on the previous prosecution/judge/Barry’s attorney drama if that’s not too tall of an order!

Oh, Iris, I'll bet you are tired of LE keying in on your client. But we're tiring of you.

Her credibility is officially shot.

Now we know why they delayed his civil $uit. What a shame. Mountain lion just ate $15 million, served up with peanut butter and on one plate.

I wonder if IE has provided Barry with a list of young attorneys who command smaller retainers.

IE is ludicrous. Why would a random rancher throw Suzanne's bike down the hill?

Oh, Barry.
He’s a legend in his own mind.

I asked my husband, biologist, about the probability of chemical traces being found in bone marrow.

From his experience, it would be difficult for these substances to enter bone marrow.

They could entre via dart or injection into a gland or nerve connected with spine.
Or hit a bone

Just his opinión.

Bone marrow is the most protected part of the body in terms of spine related injuries.

Kudos for prosecution team for their persistence!

Barry Morphew released this statement through his attorneys after the autopsy results were released:

For the past four years the Morphews have agonized over Suzanne's disappearance. This included not only the pain of the loss of their wife and mother but also the false accusations and prosecution of Barry Morphew. The Morphews have prayed the authorities would remove their blinders and not only find Suzanne, but find the suspect responsible for her disappearance and murder. However, the Morphews are left with more questions than answers and a lack of justice for Suzanne, the family
and the community.

On May 10, 2020, around 5:00 a.m. Barry Morphew went to work, driving approximately 160 miles north of the Morphew home for a job that had been planned for months. In 2020, investigators confirmed that Suzanne was a regular morning coffee drinker and DNA testing done in 2020 confirmed that the half finished cup of coffee left on the kitchen counter on May 10, 2020 was covered in her DNA only. The autopsy now also confirms that on the day she disappeared, Suzanne had her morning cup of coffee as shown by the caffeine in the toxicology report. The autopsy also confirms that she put on her mountain bike clothes and was either getting ready for, or was already on her morning bike ride, when she was abducted, allegedly drugged, and buried 50 miles south of their home.

Despite the fact that unknown male DNA was found in Suzanne's car, where her bike was parked, on her bike grips, handlebars, and bike seat, the authorities will not tell the Morphew family whether Suzanne's bike clothes, collected seven months ago with her remains, have been tested for DNA. DNA left on her clothing by the murderer could bring justice for Suzanne, her family and the community. The authorities will also not provide the Morphew's
[sic] any information regarding whether they have performed any testing on the bullet that was collected with Suzanne's remains.

The authorities offered the victims, Barry, Mallory and Macy, the option to retrieve Suzanne's remains, but they want to ensure the suspect is apprehended before they take what could be an important piece of evidence in the suspect's prosecution. The
family is quite skeptical about the integrity of this investigation as the very same investigators that concealed the unknown male DNA continue to be involved in this investigation and were present at the autopsy of Suzanne Morphew.

The family asks for privacy and implores the authorities to look at the case with fresh eyes, follow all leads, conduct all forensic testing, and solve Suzanne's murder.
Suzanne Morphew's death declared a homicide nearly 4 years after she was reported missing in Colorado

Updated on: April 29, 2024 / 7:27 PM EDT / CBS Colorado
Way too much verbiage with excuses already lined up.

Methinks Barry M. is dancing like a man stuck on hot coals.

A DEAD giveaway.

I am newish to the community/ case. With the autopsy report coming out I hope Suzanne can finally rest in peace.

I have not made it through the backlog of threads, I was wondering if someone could give me a summary on the previous prosecution/judge/Barry’s attorney drama if that’s not too tall of an order!

This Daily Beast article from November ‘23 gives a good overview of DA Linda Stanley and how this case was handled.

It's certainly possible. When I posted that I had just read the AR on Scribd and didn't know it was pink yet. I totally agree Mr. Manly Man (eye roll) Barry probably did not have a pink work glove. The color changes the possibilities.
I’d lean to her biking glove, all to support his original claim she was abducted biking. But he made mistake by not taking camelback out of car.

Way too much verbiage with excuses already lined up.

Methinks Barry M. is dancing like a man stuck on hot coals.

A DEAD giveaway.
The family asks for privacy and implores the authorities to look at the case with fresh eyes, follow all leads, conduct all forensic testing, and solve Suzanne's murder.

Echoes of OJ Simpson directing the LAPD to "find the real killer." (Barry actually reminds me of OJ in more ways than one.) Let's get this trial right!

I’d lean to her biking glove, all to support his original claim she was abducted biking. But he made mistake by not taking camelback out of car.
Pink bike gloves are definitely a thing! If we look at these two examples, the version with full fingers could possibly pass as a work glove. Not a medical examiner’s job to identify different types of gloves, after all.

Since it may be difficult to ascertain which county Suzanne was murdered in, could the county where she was buried be the county to prosecute Barry?
Hat tip to @MassGuy for posting the answer to this earlier: The 12th Judicial District will handle WILL handle the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe