Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Morphew released this statement through his attorneys after the autopsy results were released:

For the past four years the Morphews have agonized over Suzanne's disappearance. This included not only the pain of the loss of their wife and mother but also the false accusations and prosecution of Barry Morphew. The Morphews have prayed the authorities would remove their blinders and not only find Suzanne, but find the suspect responsible for her disappearance and murder. However, the Morphews are left with more questions than answers and a lack of justice for Suzanne, the family
and the community.

On May 10, 2020, around 5:00 a.m. Barry Morphew went to work, driving approximately 160 miles north of the Morphew home for a job that had been planned for months. In 2020, investigators confirmed that Suzanne was a regular morning coffee drinker and DNA testing done in 2020 confirmed that the half finished cup of coffee left on the kitchen counter on May 10, 2020 was covered in her DNA only. The autopsy now also confirms that on the day she disappeared, Suzanne had her morning cup of coffee as shown by the caffeine in the toxicology report. The autopsy also confirms that she put on her mountain bike clothes and was either getting ready for, or was already on her morning bike ride, when she was abducted, allegedly drugged, and buried 50 miles south of their home.

Despite the fact that unknown male DNA was found in Suzanne's car, where her bike was parked, on her bike grips, handlebars, and bike seat, the authorities will not tell the Morphew family whether Suzanne's bike clothes, collected seven months ago with her remains, have been tested for DNA. DNA left on her clothing by the murderer could bring justice for Suzanne, her family and the community. The authorities will also not provide the Morphew's
[sic] any information regarding whether they have performed any testing on the bullet that was collected with Suzanne's remains.

The authorities offered the victims, Barry, Mallory and Macy, the option to retrieve Suzanne's remains, but they want to ensure the suspect is apprehended before they take what could be an important piece of evidence in the suspect's prosecution. The
family is quite skeptical about the integrity of this investigation as the very same investigators that concealed the unknown male DNA continue to be involved in this investigation and were present at the autopsy of Suzanne Morphew.

The family asks for privacy and implores the authorities to look at the case with fresh eyes, follow all leads, conduct all forensic testing, and solve Suzanne's murder.
Suzanne Morphew's death declared a homicide nearly 4 years after she was reported missing in Colorado

Updated on: April 29, 2024 / 7:27 PM EDT / CBS Colorado
Shaddup IE, your verbal diarrhea of BM's innocence and LE's lack of investigation pointing to someone other than HER KILLER HUSBAND is played out, over, done.

It has always been as simple as when the State gave its opening in the PH "This is a case of domestic homicide". BM couldn't and wouldn't let Suzanne leave him. Not just for the money, but mostly not for the perceived humiliation he would endure.

He always controlled Suzanne and the girls and presented the perfect little family who adored and worshipped the big, masculine, manly man BM. His Ego killed Suzanne and dumped her in that desolate area years ago because he'd rather have seen her dead than be 'embarrassed' by her leaving him.

BM is done and I can't believe IE is still squawking and shilling the 'Poor innocent Barry' routine. Maybe she's offering him a discount on representation in the future because she's so convinced of this innocence? I hope not, I hope BM's defense of his upcoming murder charges leaves him penniless, alone and locked in a 6 x 10 cell for the rest of his miserable days. I just hope he doesn't have the chance to off himself before trial or flee the country.

Karma - it's finally come for you Barry like I knew it would. Suzanne willed herself to be found and will have the last hand in seeing you put away like the animal you are, you were the Lion. Divine Justice IMO.

ALL MOO

The case against BM (as in #2—hint hint) is ready to go. The previous AA had the cake, and SUZANNE has provided the frosting.

And then the kidnapper/abductor decided to look through Suzanne’s home so that they could locate and burn her journal.

I wonder how BM (aka kidnapper/abductor) explained to the daughters how SUZANNE’s journal went missing.

This statement by Iris makes no logical sense: "The authorities offered the victims, Barry, Mallory and Macy, the option to retrieve Suzanne's remains, but they want to ensure the suspect is apprehended before they take what could be an important piece of evidence in the suspect’s prosecution."

The autopsy is done, and the remains showed no signs of violence. In every single case I have ever followed, the family has immediately taken possession of those remains, and conducted some sort of funeral. Instead, Suzanne's bones are relegated to a paper bag, serving no further purpose to the authorities.

Iris is simply having them held so she can have further forensic testing done once Barry is arrested for Suzanne's murder. There's no other reasonable explanation, as I see it.

Such an eye roll statement from Barry's attorneys.

I don't know about anyone else but I like to drink my morning coffee while scrolling on my laptop and/or checking my phone. If I recall correctly.. she didn't have phone activity and/talk to anyone evening of May 9th OR morning of May 10th. Didn't check in with her daughters?

She might be correct with the part. "The autopsy now also confirms that on the day she disappeared, Suzanne had her morning cup of coffee as shown by the caffeine in the toxicology report" Yeah.. the day she disappeared as in May 9th, that morning she had a cup of coffee...

Also, an autopsy does not confirm SHE put on her biking clothes..

Unless I'm misremembering, wasn't the coffee cup found on the counter-top half full? Since SM was the only coffee drinker, I imagine she made a cup for herself and was interrupted before she could finish it. And if SM didn't want the coffee, I doubt she'd leave it sitting on the countertop when she left on the bike ride (an alleged bike ride that only BM's defense team can repeat with a straight face)! JMO

Unless I'm misremembering, wasn't the coffee cup found on the counter-top half full? Since SM was the only coffee drinker, I imagine she made a cup for herself and was interrupted before she could finish it. And if SM didn't want the coffee, I doubt she'd leave it sitting on the countertop when she left on the bike ride (an alleged bike ride that only BM's defense team can repeat with a straight face)! JMO
August 2021

I asked my husband, biologist, about the probability of chemical traces being found in bone marrow.

From his experience, it would be difficult for these substances to enter bone marrow.

They could entre via dart or injection into a gland or nerve connected with spine.
Or hit a bone

Just his opinión.

Bone marrow is the most protected part of the body in terms of spine related injuries.

Kudos for prosecution team for their persistence!
Blood circulates through the bone marrow. It is supplied through nutrient arteries in the marrow cavity and returned by periosteal veins. In fact the bone marrow makes critical components of the blood needed for survival. Often introsseous needles are inserted into the bone to infuse sick people who cannot otherwise get infusions through a regular intravenous line. These infusions through the bone support the circulatory system. Any substance ingested, infused, injected into the body's tissues or circulatory system can find its way into the marrow. Kudos to the forensic experts that could find this. Luckily they had bone marrow to work with. Not sure where the spine comes into the picture.

Very pleased to be reading this in the UK this morning! I’ve always believed that Barry was enraged that Suzanne wasn’t responding to him and when he arrived home, he found her in a compromising position on her call with Jeff and chased her around the property. I also believe he tranq’d her to subdue, and then strangled her afterwards.

Tranq materials found in his pocket in the laundry, him admitting to disposing of tranq materials at the job site, Suzanne’s autopsy confirming tranq in her system at her time of death, the unaccounted for time period that allows Barry to travel to the eventual grave site. How can this NOT lead to his arrest?

Barry Morphew released this statement through his attorneys after the autopsy results were released:

For the past four years the Morphews have agonized over Suzanne's disappearance. This included not only the pain of the loss of their wife and mother but also the false accusations and prosecution of Barry Morphew. The Morphews have prayed the authorities would remove their blinders and not only find Suzanne, but find the suspect responsible for her disappearance and murder. However, the Morphews are left with more questions than answers and a lack of justice for Suzanne, the family
and the community.

On May 10, 2020, around 5:00 a.m. Barry Morphew went to work, driving approximately 160 miles north of the Morphew home for a job that had been planned for months. In 2020, investigators confirmed that Suzanne was a regular morning coffee drinker and DNA testing done in 2020 confirmed that the half finished cup of coffee left on the kitchen counter on May 10, 2020 was covered in her DNA only. The autopsy now also confirms that on the day she disappeared, Suzanne had her morning cup of coffee as shown by the caffeine in the toxicology report. The autopsy also confirms that she put on her mountain bike clothes and was either getting ready for, or was already on her morning bike ride, when she was abducted, allegedly drugged, and buried 50 miles south of their home.

Despite the fact that unknown male DNA was found in Suzanne's car, where her bike was parked, on her bike grips, handlebars, and bike seat, the authorities will not tell the Morphew family whether Suzanne's bike clothes, collected seven months ago with her remains, have been tested for DNA. DNA left on her clothing by the murderer could bring justice for Suzanne, her family and the community. The authorities will also not provide the Morphew's
[sic] any information regarding whether they have performed any testing on the bullet that was collected with Suzanne's remains.

The authorities offered the victims, Barry, Mallory and Macy, the option to retrieve Suzanne's remains, but they want to ensure the suspect is apprehended before they take what could be an important piece of evidence in the suspect's prosecution. The
family is quite skeptical about the integrity of this investigation as the very same investigators that concealed the unknown male DNA continue to be involved in this investigation and were present at the autopsy of Suzanne Morphew.

The family asks for privacy and implores the authorities to look at the case with fresh eyes, follow all leads, conduct all forensic testing, and solve Suzanne's murder.
Suzanne Morphew's death declared a homicide nearly 4 years after she was reported missing in Colorado

I don't at all like to learn of a bullet, found nearby Suzanne's remains in the dirt .... Once (in the distant past) I vaguely heard of a lost bullet near 2 teenage victims in Indiana. Remarkable, when there are (alleged) murderers in every state, who are so scatterbrained, that they lose their ammunition at a crime scene (where they may not even have used it). Is it a sign for mental imperfection?

Very pleased to be reading this in the UK this morning! I’ve always believed that Barry was enraged that Suzanne wasn’t responding to him and when he arrived home, he found her in a compromising position on her call with Jeff and chased her around the property. I also believe he tranq’d her to subdue, and then strangled her afterwards.

Tranq materials found in his pocket in the laundry, him admitting to disposing of tranq materials at the job site, Suzanne’s autopsy confirming tranq in her system at her time of death, the unaccounted for time period that allows Barry to travel to the eventual grave site. How can this NOT lead to his arrest?
The defense had two things going for them. The first, the lack of a body, which allowed them to claim that Suzanne took off and staged a Hollywood like disappearance, or was abducted.

The second, was that even if she was found, there would be no way to connect the murder directly to Barry.

The prosecution now has the body, and the chemicals in her system are so rare that I wouldn’t be suprised if they had never been found in a body before.

Barry had these chemicals. Barry admitted to using these chemicals. Barry admitted to throwing these chemicals away.

A sheath to these chemicals was found in his dryer.

If that’s not the definition of “game over,” then I don’t know what is.

First we get to watch the civil case collapse, along with it, Barry’s hopes of a small fortune.

Then they come for him.

and the community.

So hypocritical and arrogant by IE and BM, my god. IMO

As much as I can't fathom anyone supporting him at this point, I hope Team Barry stick like glue to him. So he can be very much alive when he's arrested.

I especially hope that Jonny Grusing can be there for that.

Why do you need immunity?

In case someone wrongly convicts me or something.

You won't be wrongly convicted.

This time there'll be no bail.

Just jail.

Sorry, not sorry.

JMO
bbm= This! :D

I could never buy that BM shot the dart with a gun when he could easily overpower SM and inject her by hand. Easy-peasy, done.

In a state of depressed respiration, a pillow-- or pinch of her nose, and she's gone. Doing the laundry could fit just about anytime including when loading up his truck.

I did buy that BM convinced himself that he did not kill SM-- he just "put her down." She went to sleep...
bbm
I thought of the balaclava and if it was used to suppress Suzanne's ability to breathe. Otherwise this thing doesn't make sense to me. IMO
Miserable coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member