Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means: He owned the exact same drugs that were determined to cause the death of Suzanne. There was also a cap to a tranquilizer dart as well as khaki shorts in the dryer @ the house.

Motive: Divorce, Money, Affair, Suzanne as object that only barry could possess.

Opportunity: He was the last person to see her alive. He is also present at the exact same time that Suzanne stops any and all communication with the outside world.

These 3 major points are enough to hang someone in most cases. This is without even bringing all the other stuff to the table including:

- His odd behavior at the house. Resetting the truck computer, opening and closing the doors to the truck over 100 times, Sharing a steak with the victim and using only one plate.

- His inconsistent behavior surrounding the work order in Broomfield and him surprising his staff and making them go to the job site on a Sunday when they couldn't legally work that day. He also claimed to work at the sire on that Sunday however he was only there for 15 minst

- His proximity to where the bike and helmet were found and him not disclosing that he drove in the opposite direction of Broomfield on the morning after Suzanne went quiet. He claimed he was following elk to harvest antlers even though at that time of year Elk wouldn't be shedding them.

- His tour of multiple garbage sites to "clean out" his truck of garbage despite his truck being a complete, sloppy mess when he returned home.

- Him entering and exiting his hotel room in Broomfield in different clothes multiple times as well as throwing objects out at the hotel dumpster.

- Odd cell phone pings inside and around the house at the time of his arrival at the house around the time Suzanne stopped all communications. Also barry put his phone on Airplane mode when he got back to the house.

- His multiple lies to LE

- The VERY odd " Oh Suzanne" video!

- His Odd behavior during searches for Suzanne including the laying on the ground performance behind his property as well as threatening behavior towards searchers looking for for Suzanne

- His domestic violence issues as told by Suzanne.

- Stalking behavior on a girl's trip where he "surprised' her as well as the time he crept up on Suzanne and a friend in the house.

- The very strange pattern or no pattern at all in regards to phone calls with Suzanne in the months leading up to her disappearance. There were long periods of time when they NEVER spoke on the phone. ( THIS DOESN'T GET ENOUGH ATTENTION IN MY EYES, this was not a healthy relationship)

- Deleted texts between barry and Suzanne.

- barry switching the blade out on his tractor on the day Suzanne stopped all communication.

- No tears or any visible reaction to the loss of Suzanne, his beloved wife.

- The scratches on his arm.

- Damaged bedroom door that was unexplained.

- The ease in which he found a 'new' girlfriend weeks after Suzanne's disappearance.

- Suzanne's missing journal and the remains of what looks like a journal and other papers in the fireplace.

- Mysterious bleach smell in barry's hotel room.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of them but you get the idea. Now I'm a fair man so I'm going to go large here and say take any 10 of this "coincidences" and explanations away and you are still left with PLENTY of evidence that point to barry be complicit in the murder of his wife. His reasons and excuses are laughable.
Depth, wonderful post!!!
I think some you should be called to testify from memory. Lol!!

I’m keeping my fingers & toes crossed there may have been a few tiny, minute specks of burry’s DNA under her nails! She fought him hard, imo, by looking at the scratches on his left arm. Pic on page 43 of the AA previously posted. Those are significant “healing” scratches considering this photo was taken May 13, 4 days after Suzanne went silent! MOO
Damn, I see at least three deep nail imprints.

Is there any possibility that Barry shot SM with a tranquilizer gun and THEN injected more of the mix of various tranquilizers into her chemotherapy port while she was incapacitated or gave additional injections? If that didn't do her in (she was totally incapacitated but not dead) then suffocated her with a pillow over her face?

Her grave was very shallow, if you could even call it a grave. I don't think she could have suffocated in the grave.

Means: He owned the exact same drugs that were determined to cause the death of Suzanne. There was also a cap to a tranquilizer dart as well as khaki shorts in the dryer @ the house.

Motive: Divorce, Money, Affair, Suzanne as object that only barry could possess.

Opportunity: He was the last person to see her alive. He is also present at the exact same time that Suzanne stops any and all communication with the outside world.

These 3 major points are enough to hang someone in most cases. This is without even bringing all the other stuff to the table including:

- His odd behavior at the house. Resetting the truck computer, opening and closing the doors to the truck over 100 times, Sharing a steak with the victim and using only one plate.

- His inconsistent behavior surrounding the work order in Broomfield and him surprising his staff and making them go to the job site on a Sunday when they couldn't legally work that day. He also claimed to work at the sire on that Sunday however he was only there for 15 minst

- His proximity to where the bike and helmet were found and him not disclosing that he drove in the opposite direction of Broomfield on the morning after Suzanne went quiet. He claimed he was following elk to harvest antlers even though at that time of year Elk wouldn't be shedding them.

- His tour of multiple garbage sites to "clean out" his truck of garbage despite his truck being a complete, sloppy mess when he returned home.

- Him entering and exiting his hotel room in Broomfield in different clothes multiple times as well as throwing objects out at the hotel dumpster.

- Odd cell phone pings inside and around the house at the time of his arrival at the house around the time Suzanne stopped all communications. Also barry put his phone on Airplane mode when he got back to the house.

- His multiple lies to LE

- The VERY odd " Oh Suzanne" video!

- His Odd behavior during searches for Suzanne including the laying on the ground performance behind his property as well as threatening behavior towards searchers looking for for Suzanne

- His domestic violence issues as told by Suzanne.

- Stalking behavior on a girl's trip where he "surprised' her as well as the time he crept up on Suzanne and a friend in the house.

- The very strange pattern or no pattern at all in regards to phone calls with Suzanne in the months leading up to her disappearance. There were long periods of time when they NEVER spoke on the phone. ( THIS DOESN'T GET ENOUGH ATTENTION IN MY EYES, this was not a healthy relationship)

- Deleted texts between barry and Suzanne.

- barry switching the blade out on his tractor on the day Suzanne stopped all communication.

- No tears or any visible reaction to the loss of Suzanne, his beloved wife.

- The scratches on his arm.

- Damaged bedroom door that was unexplained.

- The ease in which he found a 'new' girlfriend weeks after Suzanne's disappearance.

- Suzanne's missing journal and the remains of what looks like a journal and other papers in the fireplace.

- Mysterious bleach smell in barry's hotel room.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of them but you get the idea. Now I'm a fair man so I'm going to go large here and say take any 10 of this "coincidences" and explanations away and you are still left with PLENTY of evidence that point to barry be complicit in the murder of his wife. His reasons and excuses are laughable.

The VERY odd " Oh Suzanne" video!
Is there a link to this video online?

^ VR B&C ^
Thank you @girlhasnoname :D!
Ages ago - under my obsolete handle - I opined that we would never see Barry in the dock. At base, I sensed him to be an abject coward. This was before his arrest. I could not then imagine him even doing a runner, inasmuch as playing The (guilty) Fugitive in a real life murder case ... well that was WAAAY beyond his 'ballsy' quotient.
Aside: Too bad the powers-that-were didn't see this as well, and leave him free to continue hoisting himself on his own petard while they tightened-up their case :( ...

Prognostication alert:
Our (whenever-confirmed) DA should obtain, STAT, a court order to take morphewman into protective custody, replete with: (1) 24/7 suicide watch, and (2) a course of visiting psych evals; these, @ minimum, to [try to] cover the state's six o'clock :eek:.
“Petard”, I had to look that one up. Medieval times, I’m not that old.

So on the AA I found the page with the photos from her instagram and the date/times.

Page 40 of the AA, which is page 42 of the PDF file.

4/20 2:18MST
4/27 4:26MST
5/6 4:30MST

Also on page 5 of the AA or page 7 of the PDF in the foot notes it says she bikes in the afternoon. Then on the following page of the AA it mentions the daughters boyfriend stating he introduced her to biking and she bikes in the afternoon.

Yet Barry said she usually bikes between 8 and 9am.
It is so very interesting, to see all the photos again.
Is it usual to have so manny pics taken of a suspect of a crime? It seems to me exceptional. It's like an almost scientific study of a person and the whole stature inclusive body movement and as well the facial expressions. I especially noticed the many pics, which were taken against a light sky and slender trees. There has to be a motive behind these photos, I bet. I believe, LE didn't need these photos only for nailing BM as the husband, who had probably disappeared (and murdered) his wife. I believe, they needed these photos for additional, yet to be clearified crimes, and I'm not certain, that it was merely LE of CO. LE of IN maybe would be thankful for that "study" too; I hope, they have the document and keep it safe. Who knows, what the future may have in store.
For now, we would be glad, if at least Suzanne gets justice.

What are your thoughts on the possibility of DNA preserved and identified from the autopsy and from the recovery of the clothing found? I really think the FBI can find the DNA!
MOO
I would be surprised if they didn't check for DNA on the items they found. I am assuming we just saw a synopsis from the autopsy and not all the results.

Do people think he and his daughters would plan a funeral and potentially burial if there was something in the autopsy that would incriminate him? When I saw that they were doing the funeral, I guess I assumed there would be no major development or news.

In my gardening experience - admittedly limited to roses - I am uncertain as to whether there may be varieties of Iris, for example, which evidence a comparable subtle range of scents ...:rolleyes: ...

...'cause I sure smell an Iris here !

The AR mentioned a packet of contents from the hoody. Perhaps that gleaned something?
could indicate different types of soil samples, not indigenous to the site where she was located suggesting she was moved once or more.. that's one possibility.
Re DNA, unless it was blood of Mountain Lion blamer not sure it would be useful...and even then he could have cut himself shaving

I’m keeping my fingers & toes crossed there may have been a few tiny, minute specks of burry’s DNA under her nails! She fought him hard, imo, by looking at the scratches on his left arm. Pic on page 43 of the AA previously posted. Those are significant “healing” scratches considering this photo was taken May 13, 4 days after Suzanne went silent! MOO
My guess is no fingernails. The autopsy had a list of bones they found and there were quite a few bones and parts missing after 4 years so fingernails are probably a no go.

While we are all commenting on this case, I feel pretty certain the prosecutor of the 12th judicial district is very succinctly writing an arrest warrant which will keep him in jail with no bond.
That said, I don’t know the judges and I wasn’t thrilled with Judge Lama. It seemed to me the judges in that district were all a little too cozy with Iris. JMO

ETA: corrected a typo

Judging by what I have observed on social media since the news of the autopsy results broke, the Barry supporters have crawled back into the woodwork.

Barry has supporters? Other than his mom, I mean. And IE, who he pays to support him.

I have seen this thread near the top for a few days, but hadn't had a chance to check until I saw on CBS This Morning today that the autopsy results had come out, and man did I whoop for joy!! I was ecstatic! Omg omg omg... I never thought they would find much, let alone the smoking dart, as others cleverer than me have coined it.

BAM! Literally!

AND it's moving to a different jurisdiction? YES!!! And maybe, just in time for Mother's Day, a long overdue arrest?!?

P.S. For the love of god, Iris, give it up already. You sound ridiculous. No one is buying your nonsense.

Last edited:
Barry has supporters? Other than his mom, I mean. And IE, who he pays to support him?

I have seen this thread near the top for a few days, but hadn't had a chance to check until I saw on CBS This Morning today that the autopsy results had come out, and man did I whoop for joy!! I was ecstatic! Omg omg omg... I never thought they would find much, let alone the smoking dart, as others cleverer than me have coined it.

BAM! Literally!

AND it's moving to a different jurisdiction? YES!!! And maybe, just in time for Mother's Day, a long overdue arrest?!?

P.S. For the love of god, Iris, give it up already. You sound ridiculous. No one is buying your nonsense.

It appears his daughters are still supporting him. :(
Curious about whose idea it was to send the two daughters camping during Mother's Day weekend. I mean is that normal not to celebrate Mother's Day with mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member