Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a member of several private Facebook groups for Suzanne where there’s been plenty of opinionated Barry supporters over the years. I haven’t seen hide nor hair of any of them in the last 24 hours. Lol :D
Oh I have seen them! I had a few interactions with them even. One "theory" was one of the girls did it and Barry is covering for them... or Suzanne was trying to use the tranquilizer on Barry and he had to defense himself and use it on her. :rolleyes:

There will always be trolls that create the most ridiciulous scenarios (the previous 2 I noted I think can be ruled ridiculous) to cause drama or just to troll the groups.

I could have believed that something else happened to Suzanne, but it wasn't self defense and is surely wasn't one of her daughters and he's "covering for them". If Barry hadn't acted the way he did on Mother's Day with the Trash runs, laying around the hotel and lying about working, I would have been longer in the camp that maybe he didn't do it. I mean he did that to himself. Even taking out his interviews with LE, he already behaved oddly from the get go by going out of town to work, but not working and then lying and saying he was in fact working and on site with workers present.. all while he was laid up in a hotel room.

I’m a member of several private Facebook groups for Suzanne where there’s been plenty of opinionated Barry supporters over the years. I haven’t seen hide nor hair of any of them in the last 24 hours. Lol :D

I'm not a Barry supporter and I also haven't been following this case closely but stumbled upon some evidence found in her car that implicates an unknown man linked to sexual assaults in other states. If I understand, this is part of the reason previous charges were dropped against him? Not sure what to make of all this but from reading here it seems Barry is considered despicable and possibly responsible for his wife's demise. Any info dispelling the DNA left in the car would be appreciated and hopefully I will catch up.TYIA

The charges were dropped in 2022, just as Barry Morphew was about to go to trial, after a judge barred prosecutors from presenting most of their key witnesses, citing their failure to follow rules for turning over evidence in his favor, the Associated Press reported. The evidence included DNA from an unknown man linked to sexual assault cases in other states, which was found in Suzanne Morphew’s SUV.

It's a stronger case now, but it was already strong enough for a conviction. There is tons of inculpatory evidence in the AA, almost zero exculpatory evidence. His own words are a gold mine. The only problem with the AA is the editing, not the relevant substantive content.
I agree with you, odiferous Squirrel. There was enough evidence to convict Barry in the trial. I think some people enjoy carrying water for Barry and Iris. Their arms must be getting heavy after four years of it.

I'm not a Barry supporter and I also haven't been following this case closely but stumbled upon some evidence found in her car that implicates an unknown man linked to sexual assaults in other states. If I understand, this is part of the reason previous charges were dropped against him? Not sure what to make of all this but from reading here it seems Barry is considered despicable and possibly responsible for his wife's demise. Any info dispelling the DNA left in the car would be appreciated and hopefully I will catch up.TYIA

The charges were dropped in 2022, just as Barry Morphew was about to go to trial, after a judge barred prosecutors from presenting most of their key witnesses, citing their failure to follow rules for turning over evidence in his favor, the Associated Press reported. The evidence included DNA from an unknown man linked to sexual assault cases in other states, which was found in Suzanne Morphew’s SUV.

This is an interesting detail. Did she have her car repaired at a shop recently?

The DNA found on the Range Rover glovebox was a degraded sample of touch DNA. It had so few markers that it had to be manually uploaded to CODIS. It connected with a few different cases in different states, involving different criminals. So this DNA had so few markers that it came back to multiple different people. That's ignoring the fact that the vehicle has absolutely no relevance in any scenario put forth by the defense or the prosecution.

No matching DNA was found anwhere inside the vehicle, and cash and credit cards were left there. This DNA was not found on the doorhandles, or anywhere other than the glovebox. It also didn't match DNA on her helmet or bicycle.

According to prosecution court filings in April of 22, every one of the potential leads was followed up on after the preliminary hearing, and all of them were eliminated thanks to the respective law enforcement agencies involved with those cases.

One of those cases was incorrectly flagged as being unsolved (Phoenix). It was from a robbery case (if I recall), decades prior.

The Chicago lead was unfounded as a prostitute had falsely reported a sexual assault. The DNA actually belonged to her significant other.

I don’t feel like digging up the third case but that one was ruled out as well.

The fact that this DNA came back to multiple different people in different states, tells you all you need to know about the quality of this DNA. People are getting "Irised" with this one, as she made it sound like there's some serial sex offender running around, which is absolutely false. It's the most blatant and damaging lie she has told, and it has everyone who hasn't followed this case closely, fooled.

I have this gem saved in my notes:
Even without further investigation by CBI, the evidence of the CODIS matches should be excluded. The unknown DNA found on the glove compartment was not found anywhere else in the victim's SUV. That means, the person who left their DNA in the Range Rover would have had to somehow enter the SUV in the Morphew garage, without touching anything other than the glove compartment.

Further, if they had abducted Suzanne, as the defense contends, they would have done that while leaving no other DNA and leaving Suzanne's wallet with cash and credit cards on the passenger seat of the vehicle.

And, if, as the defense contends, this person who abducted the victim and left her cash and credit cards then somehow took her bicycle and helmet out of the car and staged them at various points without leaving any of their DNA, while also contending with Suzanne, who would understandably have resisted any kidnapping.

Setting aside the sheer insanity of any one of the three CODIS matches being the person who abducted and murdered Suzanne Morphew CBI has shown that none of these suspects would have been in her Range Rover.

Oh, you have to see SD's potential subpoena coming.

Now THAT might be interesting, and damning.....

I wonder if they are still involved?

JMO
Yes, and interesting…… maybe it will be like one of The First 48 or a Dateline episode….. where a few years later as relationships change or fracture, so does much else. One can hope. But I have no idea if they are still an item. Or whether they attend prayer meetings together. MOO

Lauren is one of the good 'uns, and has been an absolute bulldog in pursuit of justice for Suzanne. Following.

Judge Lama, on the other hand, may be revising the Morphew Case chapter of his memoirs.

A theory should always be evaluated as "speculative" or not on the basis of the facts at hand, and not an attorney's pressure campaign.
On Lauren and Sara"s (her photographer when they were at the station) "live" youtube last night, Lauren mentioned the threats to her during the case and why the station did not allow her to go to Andy's search bc of those threats. She stoppped short of giving the name of the person threatening her but did give out one of the threatening quotes
"I'll come afer you after we find my wife". Um hello lol ...Guess who?
Are you that stupid or is it that you just have no impulse control. Silly me, of course he checks both boxes, stupid and no impulse control. And rage against women I believe. Women are only good for sex if I recall from the AA.
Lauren said Speeze took the threats seriously and called her personally which speaks well of him.

She mentioned there were so many interviews not published that will published after the case is resolved. When she met with Suzanne's sister after the remains were found Melinda said "there are no winners here" - which imo pretty well sums this whole thing up. The echoing ripples of domestic violence ending in murder - casting shadows I imagine for generations.

Lauren said she went to the place in Moffat where she believed Suzanne was found. She described it as vast ,low brush,deserty terrain with wild flowers. She picked some wildflowers and left them in remembrance. She mentioned Suzanne's friend/hair stylist Tishe and the memorial being held again in Poncha Springs I believe on the 11th. She mentioned Tishe and others going to Moffat to mark the area Suzanne as found in some fashion.

She is such a quality person as are others who have stepped up for Suzanne including many people here.
Really makes my heart hopefull. . And for all the ups and downs of this case, you know LE hit the bulls eye.

Sorry to ramble. Just hard for me to get this case off my mind until the killer is arrested.

As an aside I also tend to lean in the direction that Iris will not take this case to court again. She won't win.
I know that's wishful thinking but I also don't think she can be effective a second time.
Everybody is so on to her. Even her posters have barely shown up on the forums.

I'd love for the Moorman family to reach out again , this time via media with a statement echoing iirc one they made from earlier that asks Barry to just do the right thing, confess and turn himself in. He won't of course but I think it would be powerful to make the statement anyway.
JMO

reposting the link that was up thread

I haven’t looked at any of those today, but yesterday there were still a few hard core supporters spouting their idiocy. smh

The DNA found on the Range Rover glovebox was a degraded sample of touch DNA. It had so few markers that it had to be manually uploaded to CODIS. It connected with a few different cases in different states, involving different criminals. So this DNA had so few markers that it came back to multiple different people. That's ignoring the fact that the vehicle has absolutely no relevance in any scenario put forth by the defense or the prosecution.

No matching DNA was found anwhere inside the vehicle, and cash and credit cards were left there. This DNA was not found on the doorhandles, or anywhere other than the glovebox. It also didn't match DNA on her helmet or bicycle.

According to prosecution court filings in April of 22, every one of the potential leads was followed up on after the preliminary hearing, and all of them were eliminated thanks to the respective law enforcement agencies involved with those cases.

One of those cases was incorrectly flagged as being unsolved (Phoenix). It was from a robbery case (if I recall), decades prior.

The Chicago lead was unfounded as a prostitute had falsely reported a sexual assault. The DNA actually belonged to her significant other.

I don’t feel like digging up the third case but that one was ruled out as well.

The fact that this DNA came back to multiple different people in different states, tells you all you need to know about the quality of this DNA. People are getting "Irised" with this one, as she made it sound like there's some serial sex offender running around, which is absolutely false. It's the most blatant and damaging lie she has told, and it has everyone who hasn't followed this case closely, fooled.

I have this gem saved in my notes:
Even without further investigation by CBI, the evidence of the CODIS matches should be excluded. The unknown DNA found on the glove compartment was not found anywhere else in the victim's SUV. That means, the person who left their DNA in the Range Rover would have had to somehow enter the SUV in the Morphew garage, without touching anything other than the glove compartment.

Further, if they had abducted Suzanne, as the defense contends, they would have done that while leaving no other DNA and leaving Suzanne's wallet with cash and credit cards on the passenger seat of the vehicle.

And, if, as the defense contends, this person who abducted the victim and left her cash and credit cards then somehow took her bicycle and helmet out of the car and staged them at various points without leaving any of their DNA, while also contending with Suzanne, who would understandably have resisted any kidnapping.

Setting aside the sheer insanity of any one of the three CODIS matches being the person who abducted and murdered Suzanne Morphew CBI has shown that none of these suspects would have been in her Range Rover.

Thanks for answering my questions. I see that article was misleading concerning the dna match.

I just had another flashback - was it BM in the wig, riding the bike near the searchers, do any of you all remember that or was it someone else?

ETA, I'm looking everywhere for it. There was a photo circulated and it was during her brother Andy's search. I think there was a photo or video of it!

Last edited:
And the same chemicals that Barry was known to possess and use! IIRC, he got them from his "deer park mentor" back in Indiana. Or at least, he told the FBI/LE such a story.

The last piece of the puzzle clicked into place when a forensic lab found evidence of each of those anesthetics in Suzanne's body. I was so hopeful that they would (toxins can often be found in the marrow chambers of the long bones, post mortem).

She was unconscious, not dead, when he removed her from her home. That meant that there would be no death products/evidence of murder at the property. She was merely "sleeping." It seems clear that he did not shoot or stab her (autopsy would have revealed that).

Barry was the person who last saw her alive. He says she was "sleeping." He is the person with access to the tranq darts. He admitted to use of them. He is the person running frantically around the house that day and he is the person who drove to the place where the bike was deposited (or was it his cell phone that went there? Can't remember).

This occurs during a phone call between Suzanne and her long distance romantic partner. Barry has put up game cams immediately adjacent to the hot tub area.

He is also the person who failed to organize a proper memorial for her (waiting until next week!), or participate in vigils for searchers. He never makes a meaningful plea to her abductor to bring her back.

Then, of course, there's the physical evidence (of dart use, dart disposal, etc). He is caught at least once on video disposing of stuff later recovered by LE, IIRC. And even more damning are the things he said on record (after being told he had the right to remain silent).

All of this reminds me of the famous photo of Barry's style of "organizing" his truck for their move to CO. He's disorganized and that turns out to be a major part of his downfall. He's also sleep-deprived and he gets even sloppier. Disorganized and arrogant, used to getting his own way, this autopsy information is the final nail.

There's a lot more that we don't know, of course.

IMO
Thank you! So glad to see you here to share your expertise.

Barry has supporters? Other than his mom, I mean. And IE, who he pays to support him.

I have seen this thread near the top for a few days, but hadn't had a chance to check until I saw on CBS This Morning today that the autopsy results had come out, and man did I whoop for joy!! I was ecstatic! Omg omg omg... I never thought they would find much, let alone the smoking dart, as others cleverer than me have coined it.

BAM! Literally!

AND it's moving to a different jurisdiction? YES!!! And maybe, just in time for Mother's Day, a long overdue arrest?!?

P.S. For the love of god, Iris, give it up already. You sound ridiculous. No one is buying your nonsense.
Rbbm

Barry is buying her nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members