Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the CBI defendants and the prosecutors withdraw their motions to dismiss and demand to go to trial?
I'm thinking not. I'd say the defendants are going to want the Court to decide on their Motions to Dismiss based on BM not having a plausible claim to seek relief from the defendants.

See pg 23.

The plaintiff gets the opportunity to amend their complaint and fix the problems the defendant pointed out, or file a response to the Motion to Dismiss.

If the plaintiff files a response, the defendant has 14 days to file a reply in support of their Motion to Dismiss.

After the deadline for the defendant’s reply, the judge will be able to decide the motion. This could take many months.

Of course the defence will try, but in my opinion, with an adequate prosecutory team, there is no believable defense here. Look at the garbage his defense posted as a response to the autopsy. He is cooked. I would love to see him arrested today.
I wouldn’t, because to me that means that the prosecution is reacting emotionally. I want this prosecution team to get it right, make it water tight and if we have to wait a while for that to be done, then so be it.

Also, the defence appears to have the complete report (or certainly more than have been released to the public), there may be (or maybe not) something contained within it, that opens up other possibilities.

Good things come to those who wait.

Does anyone remember exactly what Tranq paraphernalia was recovered from the residence/garage apart from the needle cap?

I seem to recall photos of related materials found in the garage?

To me, it's always been a bit of an issue that no working tranq gun was ever recovered. As if he really did for example shoot deer from the breezeway recently - where is the gun?

02c
Does the dart need to be shot for it to be activated? I imagine the dart is like a syringe. Once impact is made a spring or compressed gas or something is pushed against the plunger to inject the solution? Just wondering if a gun would have actually been needed.

If it was fast acting, there wasn't much of a need to chase her around.

If Suzanne received a full dose, then according to the AA it would have taken 2-3 minutes to be unstable and wobbly and the lose consciousness. If the BAM was administered again, then likely she would have died from that (or even the initial dose) or suffered brain damage. From Kittys post above it looks like if there was a reversal of the BAM this may not have showed in the bone marrow as it’s half live is considerably less (well that’s my understanding anyway).
I wonder if having an elevated heart rate from running around, arguing could have increased the effects? Or made it work faster, more detrimental or go deeper?

Does anyone remember exactly what Tranq paraphernalia was recovered from the residence/garage apart from the needle cap?

I seem to recall photos of related materials found in the garage?

To me, it's always been a bit of an issue that no working tranq gun was ever recovered. As if he really did for example shoot deer from the breezeway recently - where is the gun?

02c

Its a photo from page 65 of the people's exhibits

Fresh Tranq needles / delivery vehicles - compared to what was recovered in the dryer. So this suggests he used one of them. Of course it we don't know when it got in the dryer, but this is where lack of a working gun and serum works against him.

Attachments

• exhibit-p65.jpg
    exhibit-p65.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 33
I wonder if having an elevated heart rate from running around, arguing could have increased the effects? Or made it work faster, more detrimental or go deeper?
If the dart was fired from a gun and it hit Suzanne, would it not be instinct to pull it out?

ETA following my train of thought on the above, did he not use a gun but did this manually, holding Suzanne down until the BAM sufficiently sedated her, hence finger nail marks on his arm?

Last edited:
If the dart was fired from a gun and it hit Suzanne, would it not be instinct to pull it out?

ETA following my train of thought on the above, did he not use a gun but did this manually, holding Suzanne down until the BAM sufficiently sedated her, hence finger nail marks on his arm?
Perhaps. If it entered the bone, say in the thigh, it might be difficult to pull out.

It sure explains the deep scratch marks that look eerily like fingernail scratches.
Poor Suzanne. What a horrifying thing he put her through. :(

In living color --

I do believe this was Suzanne's last statement.

Old article, chock full of good photos

In one of the sections of the civil lawsuit, his attorneys contend that that not only was there no evidence that Suzanne had been killed with a tranquilizer, but there wasn’t even evidence she was dead in the first place.

They argue that this evidence was fabricated, and nothing points to Barry having murdered Suzanne with a tranquilizer.

Imagine a work of fiction so good that it magically becomes reality. That’s what happened on Monday.

View attachment 500611
Sweet work and find there Mass!

And looking at that, and the video statement above from the apparent (sorry alleged) attorney from the civil suit and statements from his defense attorney…… I just have to wonder what they talk about when they are briefing and getting statements from BM for his defense and case? What on earth are they being told? I better stop here. MOO

She does sound ridiculous. And sickening. Her outright lies and mis-splanations should not be tolerated by any court, anywhere.

I believe she dreamt up the scheme to have SD hire a lawyer with a connection to Judge Murphy so Iris could then use that connection to get Judge Murphy to recuse himself in the first go-round of Colorado vs BM.

Talk about shady. IMO

If Iris says something, try believing the opposite of what she says, and you’ll be closer to the truth. IMO

I think she schemed to have Judge Murphy recuse himself too.
Wondering if it was one step to far for her former law partner Dru to bear and may have significantly contributed to their parting of ways? (Perhaps it's cos I like to think one of them isn't a complete soulless, money grabbing, attention seeking lawyer, idk. )

moo

It is a beautiful thing that this has happened for Suzanne. Her blood cancer couldn't kill her but ole Barry with a tranquilizer dart loaded with a drug cocktail surely could.

Is this a real person claiming to be his attorney, Jane Fisher-Byrialsen @ 1:17? She has no facial expression so maybe she's AI generated. How else could an attorney mislead the public with a straight face?

Yes this latest bone marrow analysis information from the brief Autopsy report (AR) is amazing! I would like to think a new chapter in the pursuit of justice for SM is afoot. And who knows what else they are seeking and examining?

Just think of the team and analytical capabilities brought to bear in this latest development. To get it to here. I am hoping the A Team has been brought in, and it appears they have been.

And to use a baseball analogy this is a long game. And they need time to assemble and prosecute the assailant. I also like to think this latest AR release is a nice solid single…. or even a double. A full 9 innings left perhaps. Home runs are not needed. Base hits will do it IMO. MOO

It is a beautiful thing that this has happened for Suzanne. Her blood cancer couldn't kill her but ole Barry with a tranquilizer dart loaded with a drug cocktail surely could.

Is this a real person claiming to be his attorney, Jane Fisher-Byrialsen @ 1:17? She has no facial expression so maybe she's AI generated. How else could an attorney mislead the public with a straight face?

Yes, I was telling someone it looks like a hostage video!

I used to think he dumped it, but now i wonder if the broken gun is the only one he had. So it just reveals he was lying about shooting the deer in the breezeway
Does it matter?
He admitted to shooting the deer with darts on his property at around the same time that he murdered her.. how does he do that without a "vehicle" to shoot the darts from. What he did with that gun in the "in between" time before LE came to search and seize - anybody's guess.
When he sdrove up to LE in his truck and handed that gun out his drivers side window - the sawed off rifle looking one - he identified it as the gun he used for the darts iirc. Investigators could not figure out how he could have used that gun.

DING ding - Barry handed it off willingly - so crafty ...a gun he said shoots darts but doesn't. Well gosh he said it was the gun (eye roll). That gun is long gone bc we know know he likely used it to shoot her up with BAM. Maybe she grabbed at the gun and BM was afraid her prints would be found on it - or whatever.

The important thing is we know he had a gun at Puma Path that was capable of shooting those darts bc he told us he used the BAM around the end of April at Puma Path.

Would I love to have the gun ( as well as a lot of things he threw away on the way to Broomfield and at Broomfield) ?
Sure , but I don't really find it necessary. I think you can also find people who saw a gun like that at his house - George in particular comes to mind with the 400 tours.

JMO

I wouldn’t, because to me that means that the prosecution is reacting emotionally. I want this prosecution team to get it right, make it water tight and if we have to wait a while for that to be done, then so be it.

Also, the defence appears to have the complete report (or certainly more than have been released to the public), there may be (or maybe not) something contained within it, that opens up other possibilities.

Good things come to those who wait.
I agree! BUT, if he’s a runner………. :)

I thought he left the shovels in the lobby? Or is the suspicion that he cleaned them at the house before he left?
Yes, he carried them into the lobby before leaving for Maysville.

It is my opinion he had them at the wall site for his 15 minutes of busyBeeing. Enough to coat the bleached shovels with Broomfield soil, fully erasing contact with Moffat.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members