Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
This holding hands when the TV cameras are around seems disingenuous. Similar behavior from Barry Morphew with showing “Love Letters” and offering $100,000 reward. He stated he would do whatever it takes to get her back - except search for her and not sell her house.

View attachment 500678

View attachment 500679

View attachment 500680
10:56 AM · Apr 30, 2024
Shelly Mac McCollum knows whatsup !
The GMA episode was certainly "telling"
JMO

ABSOLUTELY. So freaking self-centered and treacherous.

Similar to the Dulos Delusion (TM), not to mention the similar trash bin “odyssey of stupidity” (thanks @Megnut I believe?)

I wish they had recovered more.

IMO
Wasn't me! Someone else coined the odyssey of stupidity, but it wasn't unique to FDulos. BarryM created his own. Dumpster magnet.

Lauren indicated on her live that she talked to a coroner - and he said that if BM et al do not want the remains then they will be offered to her sister and brothers. I am not sure of the details but that is what she said on her live posted quite a few times up thread. JMO
@MassGuy said that it was reported that BM did not pick up SM’s remains at the advisement of IE as he may still be regarded as a suspect, they don’t know. Now if the coroners office offers the remains to Suzanne’s family (sister/brothers) what would happen if they interred her remains and then BM is subsequently arrested? Could IE ask that the remains be exhumed for their own testing? How awful would that be??? :(. Just wondering.

@MassGuy said that it was reported that BM did not pick up SM’s remains at the advisement of IE as he may still be regarded as a suspect, they don’t know. Now if the coroners office offers the remains to Suzanne’s family (sister/brothers) what would happen if they interred her remains and then BM is subsequently arrested? Could IE ask that the remains be exhumed for their own testing? How awful would that be??? :(. Just wondering.
Agree - not sure of the details and nuances here but there must be a protocol around this type of thing IMO

I really cannot see anything being found that would open up other possibilities ,try as she might I cannot see anything Iris tries to use to implicate another scenario carrying any weight ,everyone has wised up to her since her last rodeo in court.
Agree….. and let’s hope that the investigators and team have a couple of other face cards in their hand. As I understand, we’ve only seen an excerpt from the AR.

As to future legal wranglings, who knows what the defense team will try? But after seeing what this latest development might do to the $15M civil suit one can only wonder.

Slight OT but relevant IMO - For those that might have seen the Netflix Narcos and Narcos Mexico series….. I am reminded of a scene where Escobar was burning money in the fireplace trying to warm the house; as there was I believe no dry wood readily available. That sort of fits IMO for this latest revelation. (And I highly recommend those series for a watch!) MOO

Perhaps it needs reworking.

Odyssey of cheapidity.

Illegal dumping in other people's bins.

Choosing not to bin his shorts. Had he thrown them away, the syringe cap would likely be long gone, deep in a landfill. Just couldn't part with his fave shorts and they implicated him in murder!

It was probably the first and last time the man did his own laundry.

But it's okay, they'll do his laundry for free where he's heading.

JMO

I imagine that Suzanne's brother and sister will wait for BM to be arrested before they claim her remains. Can't be long now !! It is still possible his daughters might want to claim their mother's remains once BM is behind bars.

Last edited:
In living color --

I do believe this was Suzanne's last statement.

Old article, chock full of good photos

Those nail marks and scratches are on Barrys hands and forearm. So I suspect he was either stangling her and she was trying to pull his hands off her throat by gouging him with her nails or she could have been trying to pull the tranq dart out of her that he was jabbing in to her too
We all know those wounds were not swabbed by LE, but you can bet they were bleached to the bejesus back at the husband's lair in Broomfield.
JMO

Possible explanations:

Barry bleached himself, then showered a thousand times to diffuse his stench.

Barry bleached the shovels. Then dug around in the dirt at the Broomfield wall in an attempt to alibi the shovels. Remove Moffat, add Broomfield.

Either way, his actions IMO show a True Crime aficionado level of awareness for cadaverine and soil comparison.

JMO
BBM This is an excellent idea!!

Tick Tock - Surely an arrest warrant will be today/tomorrow/next day ? next week - surely soon !

I think LE will allow him his memorial service, and be watching him 24/7 as he tries to slip out of the country or something stupid like that.

I half expect him to not show at the Memorial Service as he drives furiously to the Mexico border, thinking that he will fool everyone.

I think LE will allow him his memorial service, and be watching him 24/7 as he tries to slip out of the country or something stupid like that.

I half expect him to not show at the Memorial Service as he drives furiously to the Mexico border, thinking that he will fool everyone.
I am hoping LE will recognise the memorial service for the sham that it is,and arrest him before Saturday.

And if there is any trial, this will be argued over.
Arguments are good. It will only prove that Barry had means, motive and opportunity.
And of course, he will have spent a lot of money on Iris. He could have invested what he had left after case was dismissed and made more, possibly. Doesn’t matter.

I'm still shaking my head over caffeine, as proof of the whole Sunday farce.

Was it Thread 1 where we learned that she loved her morning coffee, just half a cup?

Caffeine in her system only means she had her half cup of coffee the day she was murdered.

His attorneys are so predictable.

I suppose a prevalent rancher could have poured it for her.

Sheesh.

JMO

If there was anything helpful to the defense in that autopsy report, I have no doubt we would know about it. I mean, Iris and that other attorney are focusing on caffeine being in her system, which says it all. Under both the prosecution theory of the crime, and the defense's counter, there should be caffeine in her system.

What interests me is the anthropological supplement that the defense may not have, and the analysis of the particular items found in and around that grave. We know the defense doesn't have that.
I’m curious if the bacalava and glove belonged to a happy helper. Barry admitted to throwing trash away all his life so telling someone to toss their things in the grave would seem like him. I hope he didn’t toss items that he stole from someone else. I don’t put anything past him.
Also wondering if he wore the face mask so no one would spot him?

That the small bones of her hands and feet are apparently missing suggests to me she was bare-handed and bare-footed. No shoes to hamper scampers.

Admittedly I'm shocked he barried her in the clothes she was wearing. Her Saturday clothes.

Clearly, he never expected her to be found, to ne unearthed.

He never ever intended for her to be unBarried either.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member