Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m content to sit back and watch this unfold. I have zero issue with watching Barry’s world burn, while we wait for his inevitable arrest. Every single night he goes to bed wondering if it’s his last night as a free man.

Every time he climbs in his truck he has to worry about flashing lights behind him (which is how he will likely be arrested).

It’s nice that it’s not a matter of if, but when.
Oh yes! Good old guilt. You think he really has any remorse or guilt? Maybe he does. Some people just don’t. If Barry does, it has to be eating him up. How can he run? How can he leave the States? He knows everyone is now onto him. He has to be waiting, like we all are. This time he knows a high price lawyer won’t help him.

Oh yes! Good old guilt. You think he really has any remorse or guilt? Maybe he does. Some people just don’t. If Barry does, it has to be eating him up. How can he run? How can he leave the States? He knows everyone is now onto him. He has to be waiting, like we all are. This time he knows a high price lawyer won’t help him.
No. He just regrets getting caught. However he imagined things would go after her death, this sure as hell ain’t it.

I just can’t wait until the civil case collapses.

I don’t think Burry feels any guilt or remorse. I think he’s convinced himself he was justified in what “happened.” In his mind, he doesn’t call it murder. It was all her fault. If only she hadn’t wanted to leave him, if only she would have been nicer, if only she wasn’t sick with cancer so she would be more amorous, etc etc etc
All just MOO.
EBM autocorrect:)

A lot of facts were told and retold with the end result being distorted.
5. “barry was caught scrounging around a local restaurant's garbage cans and when asked what he was doing, he told them looking for " baby blue bike helmet, biking clothes ".

Correction: 5. On Monday Barry was in front of a Salida convenience store speaking on the phone with LE. He was answering their questions and they asked him to put the description of what Suzanne was likely wearing in writing and drop it off at the office. He looked in the trash can by the door for a scrap of paper with no luck. He went inside and the clerk gave him a length of blank cash register receipt. He wrote down “baby blue biking helmet and biking clothes” and delivered it about 20 minutes later.

Ok I'll take your word for that but if you can quote a source for that I would appreciate it for my own notes. Why would the police ask him to write that info down and bring it to the office when they could have just as easily got a description from him over the phone? And then of course who looks in garbage for a scrap of paper? And furthermore that description is so simple why would he need to write it down right then and there? Just go down to the police station and write it down there? Multiple red flags in my opinion.

My other question to that is, how would he know what she was wearing when the last time he allegedly saw her she was in bed and snoring? And of course we know now that she was wearing a sweatshirt and what may be described as questionable clothing for a bike ride.

Good breakdown of the tranquilizer chemicals and why they would be in her bones.
Great interview!

IMO, SM received beyond a fatal dosage of of the animal tranquilizer injected into her petite body for the 2/3 compounds associated with BAM Tranquilizer (i.e., not for human use) to be detected in her SM's bones three years later!

I may have missed this if it’s been discussed. What are all of your thoughts on a possible grand jury being convened right now, and the DA is waiting on their conclusion?
MOO

IMO, a secret GJ was probably convened shortly after SM's body was recovered in Moffat, and would have already had had seven months to work on the indictment.

The fact that SM could not bury herself was all the start needed for confirmation SM died of a homicidal event.

The panel would have had access to three days of preliminary hearing testimony and could subpoena witnesses.

The recent toxicology results confirming SM's remains tested positive for the same ingredients found in BAM (not intended for humans), should have wrapped up the indictment with a bright, teal bow -- SM's favorite color! MOO

ETA: link GJ Statute

Last edited:
I think he was crazed with jealousy. I think it was him earlier in the day on his own property watching his wife. I feel he wanted to catch her in the act of being unfaithful. I don't think he really thought a lot of things through. That's why when someone brought up mountain lion attack he jumped on it right away that night.
Yes! That ‘crazed with jealousy’…….. This is supported IMO by one of the early questioning of BM with an investigator, maybe it was JG? BM IIRC seemed to keep asking the investigator to tell him (BM) who it was that SM was texting, who she supposedly met at different locations or trips, and when. (This was in transcribed excerpts of the interview if I remember correctly?)

I almost interpreted that as false bravado on his part. IMO it seemed that BM already knew, but wanted to act as if he did not. He was trying to downplay it, but it didn’t seem to work. And he wanted to have it confirmed by officials, so he could validate it to them as to her indiscretions. IIRC the investigator did not specifically identify the other individual.

It would be interesting to see BM actual demeanor in that interview if it is eventually produced. MOO

A lot of facts were told and retold with the end result being distorted.
5. “barry was caught scrounging around a local restaurant's garbage cans and when asked what he was doing, he told them looking for " baby blue bike helmet, biking clothes ".

Correction: 5. On Monday Barry was in front of a Salida convenience store speaking on the phone with LE. He was answering their questions and they asked him to put the description of what Suzanne was likely wearing in writing and drop it off at the office. He looked in the trash can by the door for a scrap of paper with no luck. He went inside and the clerk gave him a length of blank cash register receipt. He wrote down “baby blue biking helmet and biking clothes” and delivered it about 20 minutes later.
I'm not recalling OP's "correction"-- please provide a link. Thanks.

Hi All, it's so nice to see so many familiar names! I hope all of you are well! I think we are a whole lot closer to justice for Suzanne, which is such a relief! I started going through my notes that I took at the preliminary hearing. I had forgotten so much! I will attach some excerpts as they relate to the tranquilizer darts etc. I will keep looking.
@NoSI -- Welcome back! xx

Thank you! And thank you for adding that part about the bike. Initially I wrote that I thought bM had actually asked the neighbor to go back over to the house and more specifically to the garage to look for her bike, however I was pressed for time as I had a Dr appointment and I didn't have time to go thru the entire AA to find it. So I decided to leave that part out. But I seem to recall that very early on he was pressing forward a theory of a bike ride ( and of course the Mountain Lion) from the start. That to me is shady. That's just another weird coincidence in a pile of them.
Yes! And you are most welcome. I also hope that when it gets to the point in time, that CO state prosecutors will compile a long list of the coincidences in this case regarding BM. The items that point to this suspect.

Those that followed the Michelle Troconis case watched CT state attorney Sean McGuiness give a superb final rebuttal closing that included a list of ~25 or 30 coincidences that helped demonstrate the guilt of the accused and now convicted. It was very effective. MOO

Hello! I have not been on websleuths in a long time. I used to follow the Missy Bevers threads on here but this case brought me back. I have followed SMs case from the beginning and have read the entire arrest affidavit as well. I’m so glad they found SM’s remains and were able to find the chemicals in her system. I was worried that the decomposition would hinder finding traces of pretty much anything. I’m glad BM was an open book for almost a year before he got an attorney and gave LE excellent info that is now coming back to haunt him! I hope he is arrested soon! And I hope their daughters see the light. BM convinced them that SM might have run off to start a new life. With the new BAM/autopsy evidence I hope they come to terms with the situation and perhaps testify for the prosecution. I remember reading (I believe in the arrest affidavit) that SM confided some of the marital issues in at least one of her daughters. But it’s hard for people to lose a parent and accept that the other one is responsible, so I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they keep taking up for him. I’m ready for justice for SM and for this new evidence, and hopeful forthcoming arrest of BM, to wipe the smugness off his face.

This video is from back when Suzanne's body was found in September. In it, a former prosecutor says that they should slow things down, grand jury this, and wait to see what they body tells them. As we know, they now have that answer.

Ok I'll take your word for that but if you can quote a source for that I would appreciate it for my own notes. Why would the police ask him to write that info down and bring it to the office when they could have just as easily got a description from him over the phone? And then of course who looks in garbage for a scrap of paper? And furthermore that description is so simple why would he need to write it down right then and there? Just go down to the police station and write it down there? Multiple red flags in my opinion.

My other question to that is, how would he know what she was wearing when the last time he allegedly saw her she was in bed and snoring? And of course we know now that she was wearing a sweatshirt and what may be described as questionable clothing for a bike ride.
So funny. I remember the story in a different way too.
Barry was there at the Poncha Springs Market a few days after the murder when the market was closed. An employee noticed him rummaging through the trash. Iirc they asked him what he was doing.
He said he was looking for a bike helmet.
I remember seeing the employee interviewed and I think iirc they showed what Barry wrote down. Might have been on the back of register tape:
“Baby Blue
Bike
Helmet”
There was talk on the threads about was it a baby blue bike and a helmet or just the bike helmet. Others thought he was maybe getting rid of her phone.
Just my recollection which may be off. Nothing was ever found there. And the security tape was never picked up by LE.

JMO.

I don’t think Burry feels any guilt or remorse. I think he’s convinced himself he was justified in what “happened.” In his mind, he doesn’t call it murder. It was all her fault. If only she hadn’t wanted to leave him, if only she would have been nicer, if only she wasn’t sick with cancer so she would be more amorous, etc etc etc
All just MOO.
EBM autocorrect:)
I agree. He doesn’t feel any guilt or remorse and feels justified in what he did, blames Suzanne that it was all her fault for reasons you mentioned. Oh Suzanne if only you….
And yes he might not call it murder but we know that’s exactly what it is and imo no matter how much he deludes himself by not calling it murder, believing he was just putting her to sleep or whatever, he knows deep down that that’s exactly what it is and what he did.

He chose to kill his wife instead of doing what most people do and what Suzanne intended to do, get a divorce. But BM is too narcissistic, controlling, and greedy to allow Suzanne to leave him/get a divorce. He planned/premeditated it regardless of for how long even right up until loading the dart and pulling the trigger he could have stopped but he didn’t.

He knows what he was doing and he knows he killed his wife regardless of what he chooses to call it and/or deludes himself into believing about it.
He’s a monster and makes me sick.

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Barry was there at the Poncha Springs Market a few days after the murder when the market was closed. An employee noticed him rummaging through the trash. Iirc they asked him what he was doing.
I remember seeing the employee interviewed and I think iirc they showed what Barry wrote down. Might have been on the back of register tape:
“Baby Blue
Bike
Helmet”
There was talk on the threads about was it a baby blue bike and a helmet or just the bike helmet. Others thought he was maybe getting rid of her phone.
Just my recollection which may be off. Nothing was ever found there. And the security tape was never picked up by LE.

JMO.
Replying to myself to clarify - See post 109 of this forum - hopefully the link will take you there.
Found Deceased - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #109

This photo has always been disturbing to me, the way he's blocking and holding the door, she's sweetly smiling and standing behind him. It's like he's intimidating whoever knocked on the door and Suzanne is trying to smooth it over. JMO

View attachment 500734
Yeah, he’s definitely got an attitude all over his face. It wouldn’t be the boyfriend, would it?

This too is inaccurate. See below; it was Poncha Market in Salida. Much of the OP and your correction post are not correct.

"Poncha Market, a family-run business that has been a staple in Salida for nearly a century, has been deeply affected by Suzanne’s disappearance. Hall recalls May 12, 2020 vividly, when Suzanne’s husband, Barry Morphew, the original murder suspect in her case, entered their store with a cryptic note describing Suzanne’s attire and asked store employees to keep an eye out for her.

“What I thought was odd was the fact that he had no information about her. What she looked like, her eye color, nothing… she’s the one that’s missing,” said Hall.

In the three years since Suzanne’s disappearance, Hall said Barry Morphew has made several visits to the store, and Hall expressed unease about his presence."

SBM

Full article here:
Fox 21 article regarding Morphew's odd visit to Poncha Market

Not my favorite source but It does have a photo of the note.

"Baby blue bike helmet
biking clothing"

His frantic note as the description for employees to watch for.
Note photo from Poncha Market

ETA Article with photo of note.

Last edited:
“Baby Blue
Bike
Helmet”

JMO.
Dbm

Attachments

• IMG_4124.jpeg
    IMG_4124.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online