Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that his constant belittling behavior towards Suzanne left her feeling so devalued /diminished that he sent her right into the arms of the old HS one night stand JL.
She was starved for any positive attention/validation from the opposite sex. And he seemed safe - online- living all the way out there in Michigan- kids a wife - harmless flirtation.
There she is almost losing her life, wondering if she will survive that second recurrence of cancer and wondering is that all there is ? She loved her girls but they were almost out of the nest and I think she finally felt - What about me?
She was desperately looking for a shelter from the storm. And that storm had always been Barry Morphew.

BM doted on her and charmed her in the beginining, then over the years controlled her and alienated her from her family and then finally isolated her by moving the family to the backwoods and mountains of Colorado.

I honestly don't know how she managed not killing him all those years.

SHE WAS SUCH A SURVIVOR . Until that final storm.

I am such a non violent person but at this moment I wish Colorado still had the death penalty for BM

JMO
I would love it if the prosecutor could incorporate your words into her closing remarks when BM goes on trial.

Linkedin logs your device sessions. i am logged in on multiple devices and it shows up in the linkedin interface. Short version, this is the kind of movie plot that sounds great on a YouTube live, but actually would create the smoking gun evidence of your guilt. So in addition to your very good reasons, this is technically a stupid idea!

ETA: This is also why i don't believe BM was ever logged in to SM's facebook. The extra device session would show up when Facebook dug into her data. The FB activity would probably also be in BMs web activity etc

Good point, and agree.

We know that SM had a keen appreciation of just how controlling Barry was and was careful. I expect she'd have been paying some attention to possible signs of BarrsDropping into her socials.

If only she'd found a hiding place for her diary so secret that only a member of Team Suzanne could have found it.

Good point, and agree.

We know that SM had a keen appreciation of just how controlling Barry was and was careful. I expect she'd have been paying some attention to possible signs of BarrsDropping into her socials.

If only she'd found a hiding place for her diary so secret that only a member of Team Suzanne could have found it.
If only her spypen started recording...

Or rewind farther, if only big head Barry had divorced her. She could be living her best life back in Indiana and he could be free to Google hot young girls in any of the other 49 states, hot young girls beware. Bware.

Jmo

“Investigators asked Barry Morphew if he’d ever missed a shot with his tranquilizer gun during the April 2021 interview.

“A deer? Oh no,” he said. “No, I used to raise deer, I’ve shot hundreds.”

He told investigators he would revive the deer after tranquilizing them by giving the animals a reversal shot. But he couldn’t remember if he had any of that reversal drug at his house. “

Apologies if this article has already been posted. It’s the first time I am reading it. It’s gold imo.
Here’s what Barry Morphew told investigators about his tranquilizer gun

Re-upping (probably reposting!) this fantastic article about the 12th District DA Anne Kelly. No bombast. No bluster. Passionate yet measured. If I had a daughter (or son!) I’d hold her up as someone to emulate and listen to carefully. Just wanted to post some positivity. Justice for Suzanne!

“Investigators asked Barry Morphew if he’d ever missed a shot with his tranquilizer gun during the April 2021 interview.

"A deer? Oh no,” he said. “No, I used to raise deer, I’ve shot hundreds.”

He told investigators he would revive the deer after tranquilizing them by giving the animals a reversal shot. But he couldn’t remember if he had any of that reversal drug at his house. “

Apologies if this article has already been posted. It’s the first time I am reading it. It’s gold imo.
Here’s what Barry Morphew told investigators about his tranquilizer gun
Rbbm

But, Mr. Morphew, did you ever miss a shot with a human?

I'm sorry. I can't fathom boasting about shooting hundreds of deer.

He's not a hunter. He's a killer. Big difference.

JMO

Rbbm

But, Mr. Morphew, did you ever miss a shot with a human?

I'm sorry. I can't fathom boasting about shooting hundreds of deer.

He's not a hunter. He's a killer. Big difference.

JMO
And it makes a difference. He doesn’t even realize he is glorifying murder. Murdering innocent animals and innocent humans.

I’m pretty sure Barry was seen throwing away trash that may have contained similar clothing to what he claimed Suzanne was wearing.

Regardless, this doesn’t appear to match what was found in her grave.

In regard to inspecting the clothing, Barry stated, "Yeah. She doesn't ride without a helmet ... And she has ... a light - light blue helmet. Her favorite biking outfit is blue. I haven't been to the house to see if it's there or not but if the detectives - if you guys didn't find it, then that's probably what she was wearin'. Was the blue one missin'? light blue helmet, light blue outfit. She's a matcher. Light blue shirt ... but was that at ... in her closest? Or did you guys find it?"

Page 23

View attachment 500932
My personal belief is that she was not sedated in the clothing she was found in. Barry sedated her and changed her clothes. Being found in a bikini wouldn't make sense. I think he thought about how to do this a lot so he had a basic plan in his head but something triggered it that afternoon impulsively hence the flurry of inexplicable activity and the hastily arranged jobsite on Mother's day.

My personal belief is that she was not sedated in the clothing she was found in. Barry sedated her and changed her clothes. Being found in a bikini wouldn't make sense. I think he thought about how to do this a lot so he had a basic plan in his head but something triggered it that afternoon impulsively hence the flurry of inexplicable activity and the hastily arranged jobsite on Mother's day.
I don't think he changed her because I don't believe he ever believed she'd be found. That sweatshirt shouldn't be in that grave, and her windbreaker should. I'd love to know what his original plan for getting rid of her body was, because there's no way this was it. I still laugh when I think about all the creative way we thought he disposed of her, and it wasn't remotely close.

All he had to do was dispose of clothing that she would be wearing, which explains why there was so much to throw away in Broomfield.

Quick point of fact: the bathing suit from her final selfie was located, hanging in her closet.

Barry barried himself.

No, IE, the Crested Butte sweatshirt was not her biking clothes.

Someone murdered Suzanne while she was wearing her comfy Saturday clothes and then, for no sane reason at all, pitched her bike into a ravine. The next day. While Barry was standing in the exact same spot. With his phone.

Doh.

There is no coming back from that autopsy report.

JMO

Last edited:
I don't think he changed her because I don't believe he ever believed she'd be found. That sweatshirt shouldn't be in that grave, and her windbreaker should. I'd love to know what his original plan for getting rid of her body was, because there's no way this was it. I still laugh when I think about all the creative way we thought he disposed of her, and it wasn't remotely close.

All he had to do was dispose of clothing that she would be wearing, which explains why there was so much to throw away in Broomfield.

I agree - there is no staging within the gravesite - the shallow grave is the staging (conceal the body). This is the first time we've got to see what evidence he tried to dispose of.

I am kind of surprised he took her so far away. As you allude to, he seemingly had better options at hand.

My opinion only

I just hope LE has Barry’s phone or vehicle data from after charges were dropped, to prior to her body being found.

I think he would have visited this area to see if there was any activity there.

They can’t put him there that night, but I think there’s a good chance they can put him there after.

I agree - there is no staging within the gravesite - the shallow grave is the staging (conceal the body). This is the first time we've got to see what evidence he tried to dispose of.

I am kind of surprised he took her so far away. As you allude to, he seemingly had better options at hand.

My opinion only
That's the one thing many of us gave him credit for -- the ability to hide a body where it wouldn't be found.

Turns out he didn't even do that right.

Never would I have guessed shallow grave.

The man moves earth for a living.

Guess he couldn't be bothered to move much of it for the dead.

Granted he was hard pressed for time, at the outer limit of how far he could go while still avoiding daylight.

It gives me great satisfaction that animals unbarried what he'd done.

Last edited:

I knew he took the easy way out. Too lazy to go to much trouble, although I figured he just shoved her off a cliff. Instead he just did the minimal and dug a shallow grave. I know everyone thinks he was a hard worker, I think he worked the hardest at shirking work off onto other people.

Quick point of fact: the bathing suit from her final selfie was located, hanging in her closet.

Barry barried himself.

No, IE, the Crested Butte sweatshirt was not her biking clothes.

Someone murdered Suzanne while she was wearing her comfy Saturday clothes and then, for no sane reason at all, pitched her bike into a ravine. The next day. While Barry was standing in the exact same spot. With his phone.

Doh.

There is no coming back from that autopsy report.

JMO
that is strange too.. bikini found hanging yet daughter's sheets in dryer..

I think he wanted to use his bobcat. I think maybe that errand just before he arrived home and killed her, was him trying to do something. Maybe he was going to use the bobcat to dig a hole. I think he tried to do something with the truck telematics to see if it would work.. (maybe tried to delete data to see if he could drive the truck and reset it back to a previous point) and it didn't so he decided not to use his truck and if he can't use his truck, he can't pull the bobcat. So he had to come up with something else.

The more I think about those that supported him AFTER Suzanne was gone.. I wonder did he have access to any vehicles in his little neighborhood. I recall Sho having some connection to the area also. Was it her boyfriend or husband or something like that that lived close by?

I keep thinking about the jobsite he was working on where a woman called in that she heard machines. Maybe he did that for some reason. Was he digging up some dirt from that site to load up on his trailer to use to bury her? LE checked it for her body, but what if he was there, but it wasn't to bury her there, but for some other reason? We know the Bobcat data, but did he have any other equipment at that job site? Was there something else there he could dig with?

I think he wanted to use his bobcat. I think maybe that errand just before he arrived home and killed her, was him trying to do something. Maybe he was going to use the bobcat to dig a hole. I think he tried to do something with the truck telematics to see if it would work.. (maybe tried to delete data to see if he could drive the truck and reset it back to a previous point) and it didn't so he decided not to use his truck and if he can't use his truck, he can't pull the bobcat. So he had to come up with something else.

The more I think about those that supported him AFTER Suzanne was gone.. I wonder did he have access to any vehicles in his little neighborhood. I recall Sho having some connection to the area also. Was it her boyfriend or husband or something like that that lived close by?

I keep thinking about the jobsite he was working on where a woman called in that she heard machines. Maybe he did that for some reason. Was he digging up some dirt from that site to load up on his trailer to use to bury her? LE checked it for her body, but what if he was there, but it wasn't to bury her there, but for some other reason? We know the Bobcat data, but did he have any other equipment at that job site? Was there something else there he could dig with?
And wouldn't it be something if the gravel found in the grave matched in composition to the gravel at the beach site. Also I think maybe the footprint on the blade might be hers as she was running to and fro away from him.

Sheets in the wash establishes time of death in a sense.

Suzanne was murdered between washer and dryer.

She didn't live long enough to remake that bed.

And Barry doesn't know how.
I do wonder if Suzanne did that or did Barry? We have heard that there was no plan for anyone to stay that night so was Suzanne washing those sheets or was Barry washing them because he had put Suzanne on that bed when he tranqed her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ