Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right! Lol!!!

Seeing that he used the BAM on her, my feeling is, he had every intention of taking her life. My own opinion is he felt it was God taking care of her, being unfaithful to BM.

Back in 2021 he said:
"Maybe in God’s eyes this was his way of resolving something,” Morphew told investigators, according to the affidavit. “…I’ve had a very hard time understanding why God did this… But if I would have known this from the beginning, I wouldn’t had to suffer for nine months, not knowing why God did what he did. I’m not saying he did it to punish Suzanne because of her affair, but it makes more sense than what I knew before you guys came today."

When we listen to his words, we can "see" right through him.

I'm sure I've said it before on this thread but as a Christian it sickens me that he used this reasoning to justify his violence toward her. I do think justice is coming for him, and when it does I can almost guarantee there won't be any religious platitudes about why he's now facing justice for taking a life.

jmo

A note from Web MD about caffeine in the body and it's half-life. It is at half the highest value by about 6 hours after consumption.

I assume LE has used very sophisticated (GC-MS)mass spectroscopy and/ or liquid chromatography mass spec, or other newer more sophisticated techniques. If so, the amount of caffeine may be very very small, but just enough to be identifiable, and is really not much use in creating a timeline.
How long until caffeine is completely out of your system?

From WebMD:
You notice the effects of caffeine within 15 minutes. The levels in your bloodstream peak an hour later and remain there for several hours. About 6 hours after you consume caffeine, half of it is still in your body. Caffeine may not completely clear your bloodstream until after 10 hours.
Yes Herat ^^^^^! good old chemistry and chemical analytical techniques and instrumentation! I wonder what additional studies and analyses are underway or planned by the investigators and law enforcement - to help firm up and narrow this case for prosecution of the prime suspect?

Will also be interesting to see what methods or analyses the defense team and BM will utilize. (Other than the coffee cup / caffeine argument.) MOO

BM dismissed FBI Agents Grusing and Harris from his $15M civil lawsuit.

Once again, we have another example of the law, and the law according to Iris. Personally, I'm far from impressed with BM's army of civil litigants and their understanding of how/when to apply § 1983 and Bivens.

Please take note of the FBI's relevant answers to the Complaint in their Motion to Dismiss:

1714846940911.png
1714847597493.png
[..]

1714847787392.png
[..]

1714847998474.png

Agree, but it seems like such a modest and easily dismissible point. Why couldn't it be from the cup she had Saturday? Or a cup Barry tucked into her BAM-unconscious hands?

This just seems like another Iris McGuffin hastily constructed and widely broadcast in an effort to make it into something it isn't -- convincing exculpatory evidence.

"If the coffee's sipped -- you must acquit!"

Well, not exactly.
It may have some significance in estimating a time of death. Coffe and the mug was the one piece of evidence I always found most interesting and always wondered if the mug and coffee had been tested.

Barry and the Chipmunks

The limited data in the Autopsy Report suggests a certain connection between the burial site conditions and Mr. Morphew, albeit not a direct one. There are numerous studies in the technical literature regarding the forensic implications of animals scavenging on human remains. Though chipmunks will feed on carrion, it is widely noted that rodents (i.e. chipmunks) are attracted to dry bone for mineral intake or incisor shortening (their teeth grow continuously and need to be ground down), even if they are herbivorous.

There are several small mammals which are very numerous in the San Luis Valley near Moffat. These include the Least Chipmunk (Eutamias minimus caryi) and the Ord Kangaroo Rat (Dipodomys ordi). The Least Chipmunk is considered as being endemic to the San Luis Valley of Colorado and is quite abundant in the rabbit brush of the valley floor (i.e. the burial site). It is also found sharing the same habitats with the Colorado Chipmunk at higher elevations (i.e. Puma Path).

I took the picture below at the burial site in January and a burrow typical of a chipmunk (which is actually a ground squirrel) can be seen along with a lot of rabbit brush (yellowish shrubs in background).
View attachment 501356
From this information I’m thinking that chipmunks were among the animal scavengers at Suzanne’s burial site, and the ones most likely to scatter and transport the smaller bones away from the initial deposition site. This is done usually to bring them to their offspring in the burrow and/or to feed in a more protected environment.

The Autopsy Report noted that three large bags contained collected bones; two of these from day 1 of the site evaluation and the other from days 2 and 3. This might imply that the third bag contains bones found dispersed around the main burial location found as the search widened.

To the extent that the scattering of the bones may have been a significant factor in the discovery of the burial site (which I’m thinking it was), the humble chipmunk, yes, Mr. Morphew’s arch nemesis, may have played an important role in bringing him to justice (not just for Suzanne’s murder but also for the decimation of their kind around the Puma Path home).

I am not prepared to comment on whether this is merely a cosmic coincidence or some form of interspecies payback.
Awesome either way!

BM dismissed FBI Agents Grusing and Harris from his $15M civil lawsuit.

Once again, we have another example of the law, and the law according to Iris. Personally, I'm far from impressed with BM's army of civil litigants and their understanding of how/when to apply § 1983 and Bivens.

Please take note of the FBI's relevant answers to the Complaint in their Motion to Dismiss:

View attachment 501384
View attachment 501389
[..]

View attachment 501392
[..]

View attachment 501393
I can’t like this enough. Thank you Seattle!

I know right! Lol!!!

Seeing that he used the BAM on her, my feeling is, he had every intention of taking her life. My own opinion is he felt it was God taking care of her, being unfaithful to BM.

Back in 2021 he said:
"Maybe in God’s eyes this was his way of resolving something,” Morphew told investigators, according to the affidavit. “…I’ve had a very hard time understanding why God did this… But if I would have known this from the beginning, I wouldn’t had to suffer for nine months, not knowing why God did what he did. I’m not saying he did it to punish Suzanne because of her affair, but it makes more sense than what I knew before you guys came today."

When we listen to his words, we can "see" right through him.

Except God did not do this Mr Morphew. You did!

I also agree. And IANAL, yet IMO the entire civil case would merely seem a transparent effort to get at any additional evidence, perspectives, rationales, and police reports or analysis that might serve to be used in a trial or convict their client / prime suspect. In other words, to see how really ‘bad’ is it for BM?

And that leads me to continue to ponder what on earth Bury / BM might have told his criminal defense and civil attorneys? And sure would be interesting to have heard discussions he had with them once the remains of SM were found - and when the partial Autopsy Report was released. MOO
I disagree BM to get additional evidence. In the civil suit, BM is the plaintiff so it's his duty to prove his charges, prove his claims against the government. The defendants need do nothing.

I disagree BM to get additional evidence. In the civil suit, BM is the plaintiff so it's his duty to prove his charges, prove his claims against the government. The defendants need do nothing.
Yes, I agree and thanks. I was only thinking that BM and counsel might try and use it to force the state and investigators to respond to the civil suit by disclosure of evidence or responses to their allegations? Would the state and defendants need to ‘show some cards’ as to the basis for the charges, arrest, etc. and all that BM and counsel alleged? If not, that would be ideal. But if the defendants to his civil suit do not respond, could the court issue a default or summary judgment to his pleadings?

I didn’t mean to imply he would use the information for his own suit. And I am assuredly not a lawyer. MOO

A note from Web MD about caffeine in the body and it's half-life. It is at half the highest value by about 6 hours after consumption.

I assume LE has used very sophisticated (GC-MS)mass spectroscopy and/ or liquid chromatography mass spec, or other newer more sophisticated techniques. If so, the amount of caffeine may be very very small, but just enough to be identifiable, and is really not much use in creating a timeline.
How long until caffeine is completely out of your system?

From WebMD:
You notice the effects of caffeine within 15 minutes. The levels in your bloodstream peak an hour later and remain there for several hours. About 6 hours after you consume caffeine, half of it is still in your body. Caffeine may not completely clear your bloodstream until after 10 hours.
Caffeine. Must be the DRUG Barry was so angry about, that Suzanne was ABUSING.

Guess maybe she wasn't the raging alcoholic (an occasional IPA for Pete's sake) or reckless druggie Barry made her out to be.

The serious drugs in her system came from his work bench.

What an awful awful awful human being.

JMO

Controlling the narrative is a common strategy in political, public relations and litigation contexts to shape information to create a desired point of view.

I'd say the comments on the Autopsy Report (AR) by Mr. Morphew’s attorneys represent their continuing attempt to control the narrative surrounding this case. The comment that "she put on her mountain bike clothes and was either getting ready for, or was already on her morning bike ride, when she was abducted, allegedly drugged, and buried 50 miles south of their home" tries to spin a single reference to “Yeti shorts” in the AR as evidence proving the (obviously staged) bike ride scenario.

You may recall when the body was discovered last October, she called out the fact that Suzanne’s remains were not "found anywhere in the vicinity of her home, the town nearby, or the county she lived in" (as though that had some exculpatory implications for Mr. Morphew, I mean, so what? Huge nothingburger).

The latest salvo of advocacy-masquerading-as-fact tries to assert a detection of caffeine in Suzanne’s bone marrow (a fact not revealed in the AR) has established his innocence once and for all.

Per Jane Fisher-Byrialsen, one of Barry's attorneys, "Barry Morphew is innocent and he could not have killed his wife. She got up the morning of Mother's Day, had her cup of coffee, that is now confirmed with the autopsy report.” As one more interested in justice than obfuscation, I would naturally like to know the basis of such a conclusion. For example, what levels of caffeine were detected.

The actual caffeine concentration found in the bone marrow is of obvious importance since various peer reviewed studies have found trace levels can remain in the human system for more than 24 hours. Typical quantification levels of caffeine by ultrahigh-performance liquid chromatography combined with tandem mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization (sorry for this technical gibberish, just pointing out that this stuff is high tech) have detection limits on the order of 0.01 mg/l. For a person of Suzanne’s size (assuming around 110 lbs) her blood caffeine concentration might peak at around 1-3 mg/l or at least 100 times greater than the detection limit. This means that caffeine would still be detectable in her blood (i.e. bone marrow) long, long after her morning cuppa Joe. In other words, the caffeine detection is entirely consistent with death on Saturday the 9th.

So, I guess the takeaway for me is that the fetched from afar claims of Mr. Morphew’s attorneys are just part of their job, and not actual attempts at intellectual honesty. (I guess this is pretty obvious, but I still find my brain on the verge of implosion when I read some of their, umm, stuff.)

Yup, I do think we'll likely never know. It would be easier to take his daughter's RR, as that one didn't have telematics. I'm bothered by the lack of a dog hit, but maybe there's an explanation for that.
Do you think Barry knew about car telematics? Back then in 2020.. I don't think I really ever heard of such a thing.

Do you think Barry knew about car telematics? Back then in 2020.. I don't think I really ever heard of such a thing.
I think the Stauch case was the first time I’d heard of it, and that was only months before. This is a guy who used airplane mode frequently though, so tracking was on his mind.

There was also evidence that the telematics on his truck had been reset, so it does point to some knowledge on his part.

This is something that would have come up at trial, as the jury would want to know how the body was moved. I’m sure there’s a theory there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ