Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Still, Barry Morphew's attorney said that law enforcement should "take their blinders off" and stop focusing on his client. "Other people could have access to those chemicals who knew that Mrs. Morphew was alone that day (on Sunday, May 10, Mother’s Day)." Iris Eytan suggested that investigators will be able to get the prescription records. “Special veterinarians have the ability to prescribe these controlled substances. If they do their job...they’ll be able to get the prescription record, which farmers and ranchers had it and especially in that area."
So, is IE now looking at local ranchers and farmers as suspects?
What happened to her claims that partial DNA tied to suspects in Arizona or Illinois?

By his own admission, Barry had BAM.
Barry had motive, means, and opportunity.
Barry was the last person to see Suzanne alive.
Suzanne’s phone was never unlocked Sunday morning.
The last ping of her phone was miles away.
There was no bike ride.
Suzanne wasn’t sleeping in bed when Barry left for Broomfield.
Suzanne was already dead.

LE already has their blinders off.
Time for the gloves to come off.
And the handcuffs to go ON.

jmo

Oh I don’t think he had to bother, because what’s the difference if she’s never going to be found?

I think she changed from her bathing suit to this sweatshirt and shorts during the gap between messaging JL and Barry arriving home.

She was killed in what she was wearing.

I think so too. Paints a different picture, as well, of what she was doing in her last hour.

What happened to her claims that partial DNA tied to suspects in Arizona or Illinois?

There was no bike ride.

jmo
IE is becoming a laughingstock. She doesn’t realize how stupid it sounds for LE to take their eyes off Barry and focus on ranchers or farmers who “knew Suzanne was home that day”. Yes, on Mothers Day. I guess Barry rode around town telling all the ranchers and farmers that he was going to do a job earlier than expected, without proper tools and no permission to work on Sunday so that his beautiful wife, his angel, would be left alone. On Mothers Day! And oh yes, my daughters won’t be home for Mothers Day either so you are free to inject her with BAM.
Ms Attorney, you sound like a blathering idiot. Better to stay quiet and pretend you have some form of intelligence left.

IE is becoming a laughingstock. She doesn’t realize how stupid it sounds for LE to take their eyes off Barry and focus on ranchers or farmers who “knew Suzanne was home that day”. Yes, on Mothers Day. I guess Barry rode around town telling all the ranchers and farmers that he was going to do a job earlier than expected, without proper tools and no permission to work on Sunday so that his beautiful wife, his angel, would be left alone. On Mothers Day! And oh yes, my daughters won’t be home for Mothers Day either so you are free to inject her with BAM.
Ms Attorney, you sound like a blathering idiot. Better to stay quiet and pretend you have some form of intelligence left.
I am sure there were a dozen ranchers lurking in the brush with Bam locked and loaded. One of them scared an Elk out onto Rt 50 to distract Barry!

I am very curious as to what CO law says about using tranquilizers on game animals. It's my understanding that in order to legally own those darts in CO, one has to have a prescription from a CO-licensed veterinarian.

I don't know why ranchers in that part of CO would go to the trouble of getting that prescription, as I do not believe it's legal to use in hunting, but could be used to sedate or euthanize a problem game animal. I think it's likely that in CO, one must need to be a game warden to buy it and get the prescription.

Indiana permits deer farms to use these chemicals, apparently. I suppose CO does as well - if on a licensed deer farm (of which there are only a handful in CO, one of which is not a meat-producing/hunting preserve, it's a family entertainment reindeer farm. I doubt they have those chemicals on hand.

So IE's desire to have LE look into every Rx for BAM in that region is likely to produce...zilch. I do hope LE does this perfunctory digital search, though. It would be lovely if the exact BAM in question could be traced (biochemically) to Indiana and to the source that BM gave for his own supply (his "mentor" who owned a deer farm).

Just some questions I have.

It was rather considerate of the Colorado rancher who was also three questionable, out-of-state characters flagged by CODIS to allow Suzanne, while he tossed her bike in the ravine, to run home and grab a change of clothes before abducting her.

There is no credible way to write Barry out of the story.

JMO

There was no bike ride.

jmo
Apropos: PINK glove at the CS and PINK handcuffs - there are coincidences, you wouldn't believe.

I am very curious as to what CO law says about using tranquilizers on game animals. It's my understanding that in order to legally own those darts in CO, one has to have a prescription from a CO-licensed veterinarian.

I don't know why ranchers in that part of CO would go to the trouble of getting that prescription, as I do not believe it's legal to use in hunting, but could be used to sedate or euthanize a problem game animal. I think it's likely that in CO, one must need to be a game warden to buy it and get the prescription.

Indiana permits deer farms to use these chemicals, apparently. I suppose CO does as well - if on a licensed deer farm (of which there are only a handful in CO, one of which is not a meat-producing/hunting preserve, it's a family entertainment reindeer farm. I doubt they have those chemicals on hand.

So IE's desire to have LE look into every Rx for BAM in that region is likely to produce...zilch. I do hope LE does this perfunctory digital search, though. It would be lovely if the exact BAM in question could be traced (biochemically) to Indiana and to the source that BM gave for his own supply (his "mentor" who owned a deer farm).

I suspect the list of registered users within 100 miles of Puma Path is very low or perhaps even zero. To add those people likely have controls over those drugs with logs showing the amount used and when and triple locked safes, as many people who handle scheduled substances do, as well as no motive or opportunity to harm Suzanne.

Fingerprinting the drugs is an interesting idea. It might be possible to fingerprint this prep of BAM and link it to a manufacturer: for example the inactive ingredients unique to this drug, dyes and other things.

It was rather considerate of the Colorado rancher who was also three questionable, out-of-state characters flagged by CODIS to allow Suzanne, while he tossed her bike in the ravine, to run home and grab a change of clothes before abducting her.

There is no credible way to write Barry out of the story.

JMO
Yes, it amazes me that culprit took the helmet and tossed out along the road away from the bike abduction. And then drove south to Barry her. It's as though he was trying to frame BM?

You know who has animal tranquilizers? The CO Parks and Wildlife Commission, but protocol is to not use it, per attached article. I am willing to bet that firefighters also have access to it, for use in emergencies when a bear is in a homeowner yard, or a deer is stuck and wreaking havoc during an accident or rescue. And guess who was a firefighter? Yep, good ‘ol Barry.

jmo

When questioned, BM faked amnesia!

AA, pg 101:

View attachment 502751
Wow….. Thanks! Amazing. I wonder if a good follow-up would have been: “well who else lives in the house with you?” And then: “did one of your daughters do that?” And then “when do you think it might have happened?”

I mean, BM has answers for everything else IIRC? ;)

Last edited:
@CarolAMcKinley

No one outside of the investigation knows if charges will be filed for sure. I’m told by investigative sources that they are taking their time.

10:40 AM · May 10, 2024
At first, I almost read that as if someone might be possibly trying to ‘goad’ someone into action?

I for one, hope that the prosecution and investigators take any and all the time needed. And to paraphrase from that reporter’s quote: To ensure that charges will ultimately be filed ‘for sure’. And that just perhaps a conviction will be sought and obtained for certain. And for justice on behalf of SM, and her untimely death and murder. MOO

How did Barry damage the door frame and not the door itself?

I've often wondered if he was forced to leave the doorframe as it was but did replace the door. Swapped it out. Borrowing a door from a less conspicuous place, like a closet, bathroom, neighbor's house. Standard issue door.

He's decidedly not handy. Leaves the grunt work to grunts but he did have time and he may have been desperate.

Maybe wood fragments came from the original bedroom door. And the broken one was replaced in its secondary location at his earliest opportunity. If down the road, neighbors would never be any the wiser, and Barry probably had free entry, neighborly to check in on the place.

Handy too to borrow a vehicle at the same time.

JMO
Unfortunately, this happened to me and the door was kicked in or rammed because I locked it. The force broke the door jamb just like the picture of Suzanne's door. The door did not have to be replaced but there was adjustment and glue needed for the frame. It is likely still like that but thankfully I no longer live there.

We will never know what was going through his sick mind when he was loading that syringe (or syringes), whether he was dosing to sedate or kill, but it's altogether demented how ever he planned it.

Rsbm
Barry and the preparation of BAM
Have been pondering this, the search for the Turkey Carcass - could that be when he prepared the BAM? Risky doing in his garage/workshop/hovel in case Suzanne walked in on him, not done at job site because why would you? Not done when driving back to PP, so Turkey carcass search could make sense as to when he prepared it, even more chilling then because that would defo be premeditated - MOO

May 10th today. RIP Suzanne x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members