Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113

Last edited by a moderator:
Australia is going to bed "checking on the Thread" hoping today is the day !

BM has cuffs on !

We go to sleep - America wakes up - hopefully to Arrest Day , today , tomorrow , the next !!

While we wait for cuffs, I thought I'd review the bodycam video.

Avid bikers, please join me.

In the first few minutes of the video linked below, the officer recovers the bike, rotates the handlebars to face forward and IMO is unable to roll the bike up the incline. He even comments. Says something is up with the front wheel but confirms it's not bent. To my untrained eye, the wheel won't spin!

IMO big bad Barry carried Suzanne's bike to its final repository. It never touched down on Puma Path soil/sand. For if it had, he would have had trouble walking it and done something about it.

Imagine LE. Why would Suzanne's unridable bike be in a ravine a short distance from home? Couple that with Miles' truthful details about the marriage -- eyebrows had to be raising fast. "The bike... you found it?... where? Was it lion?"

"Yes, it was lying on the hill --"

"No, mountain lyin'. Mmmmmmmountain liiiiiiiiiion".

But back to the bike.

Y'all recall the nephew inviting folks to call the sheriff's office directly to inquire about the condition of the bike? At a time when he genuinely believed Suzanne was missing and Barry had been up in Denver for work or fire training. I think the nephew thought this was an important clue being willfully withheld by LE, a clue that could somehow lead to finding Suzanne. He didn't know how horribly right and horribly wrong he was.

Right about the clue. Right about it pointing to the mystery of her disappearance. Even marginally right about where "the husband" was (or said he was) at the (staged) time of her disappearance.

Dead wrong about the husband. Who staged the scene, lied about the timeline and wasn't at all in Denver when Suzanne "went missing". In fact, Barry was the last person and the only person with Suzanne when her digital presence died. Moreover, he assured everyone but especially LE that he was tight with Suzanne nearly every minute of the day minus a short morning at the riverfront property and a noontime run to get his Bobcat blade replaced. And certainly every minute from 2:47 onward. Sitting with her while she sunbathed, hiking, not hiking, making steaks, killing time nearby (in the garage) while Suzanne did laundry (the sheets) or "might have" made potatoes, then the shared plate for dinner, straightaway to bed for mutually satisfying sex.

Pretty well kept his beloved within sight all damn day. Perfect day, he said.

Oh, oh.

Because....if Suzanne disappeared on perfect-day Saturday -- and there was every indication that she did and zero indication she even saw Sunday -- then Barry overplayed his hand.

The bike was a baaaaaaad decision.

Check out the front wheel here. (Timestamp 0-3minutes, plus/minus)

Last edited:

In the first few minutes of the video linked below, the officer recovers the bike, rotates the handlebars to face forward and IMO is unable to roll the bike up the incline. He even comments. Says something is up with the front wheel but confirms it's not bent. To my untrained eye, the wheel won't spin!

IMO big bad Barry carried Suzanne's bike to its final repository. It never touched down on Puma Path soil/sand. For if it had, he would have had trouble walking it and done something about it.

Imagine LE. Why would Suzanne's unridable bike be in a ravine a short distance from home? Couple that with Miles' truthful details about the marriage -- eyebrows had to be raising fast. "The bike... you found it?... where? Was it lion?"

But back to the bike.

Y'all recall the nephew inviting folks to call the sheriff's office directly to inquire about the condition of the bike? At a time when he genuinely believed Suzanne was missing and Barry had been up in Denver for work or fire training. I think the nephew thought this was an important clue being willfully withheld by LE, a clue that could somehow lead to finding Suzanne. He didn't know how horribly right and horribly wrong he was.

Right about the clue. Right about it pointing to the mystery of her disappearance. Even marginally right about where "the husband" was (or said he was) at the (staged) time of her disappearance.

Dead wrong about the husband. Who staged the scene, lied about the timeline and wasn't at all in Denver when Suzanne "went missing". In fact, Barry was the last person and the only person with Suzanne when her digital presence died. Moreover, he assured everyone but especially LE that he was tight with Suzanne nearly every minute of the day minus a short morning at the riverfront property and a noontime run to get his Bobcat blade replaced. And certainly every minute from 2:47 onward. Sitting with her while she sunbathed, hiking, not hiking, making steaks, killing time nearby (in the garage) while Suzanne did laundry (the sheets) or "might have" made potatoes, then the shared plate for dinner, straightaway to bed for mutually satisfying sex.

Oh, oh.

Because....if Suzanne disappeared on perfect-day Saturday -- and there was every indication that she did and zero indication she even saw Sunday -- then Barry overplayed his hand.

I would like to know, how BM communicated with their nephew. How did BM express his preferred text, which should be stated to whomever would be interested. "Don't mention my name, but say only THE HUSBAND of the missing woman!" (And the reason is??) Was that BM's doing or the PR-nephews doing?

But back to the bike.

Oh, oh.

I almost spit out of coffee when Barry croaked, “lion?”. The lyin lion. Give it a rest, dude. Nobody was talking about an animal grabbing her. Just you. He won’t win any acting awards. He went from teary whispers to very matter of fact when the bike wheel was brought up. I was not thrilled with evidence handling, I guess they were leaning towards a lost individual. Not one tranqued and murdered by her husband.

I am just catching up now and do not know how I missed that Suzanne's autopsy was released. While I am so sad to hear how she died, I feel confident there is no way Barry will get away with this now!! Barry is toast... I hope he is looking over his shoulder everyday wondering when they will come for him ;) Justice for Suzanne!!

MOO

Here is one thing.
IE wants to check what ranchers BAM was sold to. While hunters are hunters, I doubt many like Barry. People cling to their own, but the hunters hinted at Barry violating some rules at hunts. I think there is no better way to make the local farm folks angry than getting into their own practices. Maybe it would be the beginning of BM’s end then?

Here is one thing.
IE wants to check what ranchers BAM was sold to. While hunters are hunters, I doubt many like Barry. People cling to their own, but the hunters hinted at Barry violating some rules at hunts. I think there is no better way to make the local farm folks angry than getting into their own practices. Maybe it would be the beginning of BM’s end then?

The burden of proof is on the prosecution, and I don't see the State falling for this (media, soundbite) trap by IE for a couple of reasons:

First, I doubt a subpoena to every Veterinarian for their Rx dispensary records for controlled/Schedule II meds such as BAM enforceable, and probably a violation of patients privacy. It certainly would be for human patients, and I believe an animal Rx follows the human and not the animal.

Second, BM is a good example of a party in possession of BAM who would not appear on any dispensary list from a Colorado Vet since he states he obtained his BAM sedation serum in the state of Indiana. Same could be true for his neighbors so what would this crazy exercise suggested by IE prove?

Sorry, I just find IE's entire statement here ludicrous...

Also, think how difficult it is for investigators to obtain a "Geo-Fence Warrant" where many already believe reverse search warrants are unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which protects people from unreasonable searches and seizures, and requires any search warrants be specific to what and to whom they apply.

Nope. The last thing the prosecution needs is to be sued by the County ranchers for constitutional violations!

I say call her bluff. Why not let IE go there-- i.e., violate the rights of the local ranchers! We know she's good at suing others for violations of her clients civil rights.

MOO

The burden of proof is on the prosecution, and I don't see the State falling for this (media, soundbite) trap by IE for a couple of reasons:

First, I doubt a subpoena to every Veterinarian for their Rx dispensary records for controlled/Schedule II meds such as BAM enforceable, and probably a violation of patients privacy. It certainly would be for human patients, and I believe an animal Rx follows the human and not the animal.

Second, BM is a good example of a party in possession of BAM who would not appear on any dispensary list from a Colorado Vet since he states he obtained his BAM sedation serum in the state of Indiana. Same could be true for his neighbors so what would this crazy exercise suggested by IE prove?

Sorry, I just find IE's entire statement here ludicrous...

Also, think how difficult it is for investigators to obtain a "Geo-Fence Warrant" where many already believe reverse search warrants are unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which protects people from unreasonable searches and seizures, and requires any search warrants be specific to what and to whom they apply.

Nope. The last thing the prosecution needs is to be sued by the County ranchers for constitutional violations!

I say call her bluff. Why not let IE go there-- i.e., violate the rights of the local ranchers! We know she's good at suing others for violations of her clients civil rights.

MOO

Excellent and agree with calling her bluff -- would be great to hear one of the local media folks straight-up ask IE how her client's investigation of BAM scrips among the ranchers and illegal hunters of CO is going.

She would, of course, reply that this pointless exercise is really the job of LE -- who would have arrested "the REAL killer" were they not blinded by their insistence on framing poor Barry.

Anytime I hear a POI or their attorney bleat about "the REAL killer," I suspect I am looking at the REAL killer. This case is no different.

But back to the bike.

Oh, oh.

Interesting, but so hard to tell from that video. Was so jumpy and the body camera was all over the place. It did appear in some shots that the front rim was slightly ajar (out of true or alignment). Probably from having been tossed over the hill? And maybe some spokes were broken or bent? And in one brief point it almost seemed that the front forks were bent slightly back? Lastly, the toss probably damaged or bent the front brake caliper (on left side of front wheel hub). Might even have bent the front axle slightly? Any or all of those things would have impeded its ability to roll.

That said….. I am sadly reminded of the Jon Benet Ramsey case in Colorado here. All the (improper IMO) initial handling of that bike in the opening. No gloves, moving it, not simply carrying it (with forensic gloves)! Wonder what evidence might have been compromised or lost in those actions? MOO

But back to the bike.

Oh, oh.

It’s because the wheel is removed for transport and whoever ( :) ) put the wheel back on to stage the scene, did so incorrectly. This is why I think the white RR was used at least for some of the events in the timeline in the Saturday/sunday. The bike was not removed from the car from the previous ride.

Interesting, but so hard to tell from that video. Was so jumpy and the body camera was all over the place. It did appear in some shots that the front rim was slightly ajar (out of true or alignment). Probably from having been tossed over the hill? And maybe some spokes were broken or bent? And in one brief point it almost seemed that the front forks were bent slightly back? Lastly, the toss probably damaged or bent the front brake caliper (on left side of front wheel hub). Might even have bent the front axle slightly? Any or all of those things would have impeded its ability to roll.

That said….. I am sadly reminded of the Jon Benet Ramsey case in Colorado here. All the (improper IMO) initial handling of that bike in the opening. No gloves, moving it, not simply carrying it (with forensic gloves)! Wonder what evidence might have been compromised or lost in those actions? MOO

Very early here, we learned that SM discussed problems she was having with her brakes with her Dad, and was waiting on parts for the repair. IIRC, somehow the brake issue introduced the story about a "pink bike" SM allegedly purchased for parts. IMO, none of it matters today because I think it's well settled there was no bike ride and no abduction while on a bike ride. Or it's settled for me.

And even though many hands touched the bike at the staged site, it did not prevent locating BM's DNA from relevant areas! MOO

It’s because the wheel is removed for transport and whoever ( :) ) put the wheel back on to stage the scene, did so incorrectly. This is why I think the white RR was used at least for some of the events in the timeline in the Saturday/sunday. The bike was not removed from the car from the previous ride.

Hmmm... I'm not following. Both RR's are white but different years.

From the AA, we know BM told investigators that SM asked him to take her bike out of the cargo area of her RR, and BM said he complied.

Do you think BM was lying about taking the bike out of SM's RR?

There's no telematic to support SM's RR transported her bike on Saturday to the crash site, and the second, older model RR belonging to the daughter does not support telematics.

I'm wondering when SM last rode her bike, and whether or not she simply brought it home from the bike repairman.

I vaguely recall TN suggesting viewers contact the Sheriff and make inquiry about the condition of the bike but I think he was asserting that the bike was not operable (prior to staging).

Nonetheless, whatever his point, Sheriff Spezze did not budge, and never discussed any evidence during the duration of the investigation. MOO

From the AA, page 18:

1715642918907.png

Last edited:
Hmmm... I'm not following. Both RR's are white but different years.

From the AA, we know BM told investigators that SM asked him to take her bike out of the cargo area of her RR, and BM said he complied.

Do you think BM was lying about taking the bike out of SM's RR?

There's no telematic to support SM's RR transported her bike on Saturday to the crash site, and the second, older model RR belonging to the daughter does not support telematics.

I'm wondering when SM last rode her bike, and whether or not she simply brought it home from the bike repairman.

I vaguely recall TN suggesting viewers contact the Sheriff and make inquiry about the condition of the bike but I think he was asserting that the bike was not operable (prior to staging).

Nonetheless, whatever his point, Sheriff Spezze did not budge, and never discussed any evidence during the duration of the investigation. MOO

From the AA, page 18:

View attachment 503425
And.. I am wondering if the bike repair shop has record of it being repaired?

And.. I am wondering if the bike repair shop has record of it being repaired?

The short answer, I'd say the party can attest to working on SM's bike and whether repairs were complete or pending parts.

I'd believe he was on the witness list but I'm not sure we can discuss him unless in the context of MSM if he's referenced or cited.

I believe the repairman had a shop in his garage but was previously employed by the licensed bike shop business in town.

IIRC, SM and this individual bonded over being cancer survivors. MOO

Is Barry wearing a balaclava in this Feb 12, 2021 dated photo from the AA?
^^rsbm

At first glance, I'd say yes but I've been told BM is wearing a 'gaiter' and a balaclava also covers the head. Go figure... MOO

Is Barry wearing a balaclava in this Feb 12, 2021 hotel photo from the AA?

I wonder what his daughters thought of their dad getting involved with another woman so shortly after their mom had disappeared and not yet been found. It always struck me as he was insensitive to them. Well, murdering their mother is pretty outrageously insensitive to them too! It just goes on and on. I do believe that one day they'll see the light if they haven't already. They really can't accuse him right now because well, he's a free man and in their life. So, imo if they have suspicions they might not feel safe airing them. But I do think the day will come where they will back their mom.
moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back