Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll second that.

No way should he be allowed to make bail with Suzanne's money, ill gotten.

JMO
I wonder if there is any way to lock up at least HALF of all that moolah he got as proceeds from property sales. No way should he be able to use guardianship to fund his defense for the murder (with deliberation!) of that incapacitated person!

This is why I love websleuths. We don't have to wade through a bunch of hooey like they are shoveling out re the "CW is innocent" movement on youtube with ppl who never heard of the case before netflix. GRRRR. The threads are here waiting, with all the background and with informed posters who will get us caught up.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!!!!!

I got dropped of from previous threads as to "following" over the last year.., that is why I am so thankful for the "breaking news thread" here and @margarita25 for posting in such or I would not have known!

Was just saying yesterday about another case... when I don't continue to "subscribe".. I miss older cases unless someone posts in "breaking news" thread.

Could be bribery... I certainly wouldn’t put it past Barry. But I was thinking more along the lines of him spinning tales to an acquaintance who happens to be in public office, and persuading the acquaintance to speak out on his behalf.
I looked up the language on the statute:
§ 18-8-306. Attempt to influence a public servant :: 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia
Any person who attempts to influence any public servant by means of deceit or by threat of violence or economic reprisal against any person or property (BBM), with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning any matter which is to be considered or performed by him or the agency or body of which he is a member, commits a class 4 felony.
Attempting to Influence a Public Servant 18-8-306 | Denver Crime Lawyer (hmichaelsteinberg.com)
What Then is a Public Servant?
Under the very broad definition of a public servant in this law a police officer is without doubt a public servant.

A “public servant,” as envisioned in section 18-8-306 CRS, and is defined as follows:

“any officer or employee of government, whether elected or appointed, and any person participating as an advisor, consultant, process server, or otherwise in performing a governmental function, but the term does not include witnesses. “

A police officer, as an employee of the government, is a public servant. The definition is so expansive; it encompasses almost every employee of the government and even includes non-employees performing government functions. (BBM)

I read this as somewhat narrowly defined action - either a bribe, a threat, or possibly the manipulation of a public official that made them an unknowing accomplice to a crime (such as tampering with evidence??) But the definition of public servant is fairly broad and it seems would include firefighters - so if BM manipulated someone in the CCFD to help him, say, tamper with/destroy evidence - I think that might qualify here. JMO, MOO.

Has it only been a year since she went missing?​

It feels like 10 years have passed.

And now that I think about it, putting the house up for sale only 9 months after her disappearance seems very premature to me.

Unless you are planning on that money for upcoming legal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu