Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and that's what the mafias (cartels) in Mexico do, too. This is why I think America's attitude toward children and guns is askew. It's so strange that children are taught to hunt and kill. Mostly boys. Some people are so compassionate and empathic that they'll never take to the practice, but for those who lack compassion, hunting has a much stronger pull - and for many, a very morbid fascination.

I grew up among hunters and taxidermists. In Colorado and California.

As an anthropologist, I'm well aware of how "different people can be," but these differences come with strong. correlations to other behaviors - worldwide and across all times and places.

Many customs and behaviors can become an evil tool in the wrong hands. Or brains, maybe.

Our family hunts, but those who hunt know this: you eat what you shoot. You eat what you kill, and you respect the act, respect the animal.

And if we have more meat than we can use in a season, we gift commercially processed wild meat to our local food pantries.

The pet raccoon story really really bothers me, for many reasons. One reason is that I HATE wild animals being used as pets. Not supposed to happen, and very few people can do it responsibly.

I saw a video yesterday where a female employee was saying that by the time the police asked for their CCTV footage, two weeks had gone by, and it had been overwritten.

Shame that they weren't proactive enough to save it, without being asked. If their hinky meter was going off. Though I guess some people don't think about video evidence for strange happenings.

How long after the event were they speaking to the media about it? Probably after the 'overwriting' time frame, I presume.

(Just looked back through my history, but not able identify which video it was, to provide the link.)

The thing is, so many peculiar things can happen in one day that while knowing someone has gone missing on a bike ride is an interesting bit of news, people working in a store 7 miles away just don't start immediately thinking "Maybe this is a big crime and we should go the extra hour or two of backing up our current video to another devices, just in case!"

Auto back-up to the cloud is difficult in many of these regions (and I still have tons of questions about how, exactly, Suzanne was accessing her sister and her friend by text and facebook...)

Supposedly, there was no land line/cable internet. Supposedly, there was no cell service. So did they. have a direct satellite uplink? If so, the box that managed that would have had data - but for how long? And was that box turned off for some period of time?

The neighbor has a landline. Is it really true that the Morphews did not? How were the girls "texting their mom" if she had no cell service "in that area"?

Something like this?

Wifi from that, inside the house, would have been excellent (wifi is for short distance transmission - you don't need a phone or cable to run home security cameras via wifi - you don't need an internet provider at all, although it's nice if you can watch your home from afar).

I agree, in a nutshell yes.
As for regrets, IMO, BM doesn’t regret what he did to Suzanne or the fact that she is no longer here. His behavior, actions/non-actions, do not add up to someone that misses his wife and truly sorry/regretful for what he did. I think the only regret BM has is for the mistakes he made that led to him getting caught/actually getting caught. His mugshot really says it all to me. IMO, that’s not the look of someone full of sorrow, grief, regret but of someone in shock, disbelief, annoyance, I can’t believe I got caught! look.

IMO, if he was truly sorry and regretted what he did, he’d man up, confess, and give up location of Suzanne’s remains so his daughter’s and Moorman family can have some semblance of peace and be able to put Suzanne to rest properly with the dignity and respect she deserves. Since he recently hired some of the best defense attorneys money can buy, I’m still doubtful he’ll confess even if offered a plea deal with lighter sentence in exchange for Suzanne’s remains, especially if Suzanne isn’t in one piece (really don’t like thinking about or typing that). If is the case, imo he can’t/won’t be able to face/admit that to his daughter’s. Hope I’m wrong and he gets stricken with a moment of conscience, but not holding my breath for that to happen. I mean this is BM we’re talking about here who has done nothing but play the victim, and shown it’s all about BM to BM.

Not once in the past year has he said anything endearing about Suzanne, humanized her, or shown/voiced one iota of concern for her, which speaks absolute volumes.

Two more days and counting for next steps...

Hang on sweet Suzanne, justice is coming.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

I wouldn’t get your hopes up one of BM’s new attorneys the blonde I believe sorry I can’t think of her name, she came from the Public defenders office. I bet they argue to keep AA sealed in that they need more time to read it and the Judge will probably honor it. JMO MOO

About the pet raccoon-- here's a thought: release the mother raccoon so she can raise her raccoon baby.

It's not nice to kill the mother and orphan her young.

Surely everyone knows that.

But then, if everyone did, we wouldn't be here, would we?

JMO

<RSBM>

Supposedly, there was no land line/cable internet. Supposedly, there was no cell service. So did they. have a direct satellite uplink? If so, the box that managed that would have had data - but for how long? And was that box turned off for some period of time?

The neighbor has a landline. Is it really true that the Morphews did not? How were the girls "texting their mom" if she had no cell service "in that area"?

Something like this?

Wifi from that, inside the house, would have been excellent (wifi is for short distance transmission - you don't need a phone or cable to run home security cameras via wifi - you don't need an internet provider at all, although it's nice if you can watch your home from afar).

I have wifi, no home phone and no cable. Because I live in the hills. Maybe the daughters "texted" via Messenger.

My wifi still requires clear line of sight to a phone tower though, in order to receive and use a strong wifi signal. So perhaps their wifi was also dodgy and erratic?

And perhaps if they were cellphone texts, they were being sent but not received. In which case the telecomms provider stores the texts and they come through when signal resumes.

Just some of the variables for why a text might not come through right away. Not really a reason to immediately think someone is missing (if that's what they thought). Perhaps it is possible they just thought "oh service is dodgy today, mum is not getting our texts yet" but weren't too concerned.

But dad was 'concerned' (because he knew Suzanne was deceased).

Last edited:
Dru Nielsen. I’ve been trying to think positive, but I’m afraid you could be right, and really wouldn’t surprise me in the least tbh, ugh.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Hopefully, at worst, they would just get one more week. Given that two weeks was the original delay allowed, and they became his lawyers one week into that. Fingers crossed.

Thinking that the judiciary still have to balance the "public right to know" with a "fair trial".

I wouldn’t get your hopes up one of BM’s new attorneys the blonde I believe sorry I can’t think of her name, she came from the Public defenders office. I bet they argue to keep AA sealed in that they need more time to read it and the Judge will probably honor it. JMO MOO
RBBM
Dru Nielsen is the blonde attorney.
I’ve been trying to think positive, but I’m afraid you might be right, really wouldn’t surprise me in the least tbh, ugh.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I saw a video yesterday where a female employee was saying that by the time the police asked for their CCTV footage, two weeks had gone by, and it had been overwritten.

Shame that they weren't proactive enough to save it, without being asked. If their hinky meter was going off. Though I guess some people don't think about video evidence for strange happenings.

How long after the event were they speaking to the media about it? Probably after the 'overwriting' time frame, I presume.

(Just looked back through my history, but not able to identify which video it was, to provide the link. But I am pretty sure it was a video that was linked by someone else in this thread.)
I posted it yesterday.

URL="CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*"]CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*[/URL]

The thing is, so many peculiar things can happen in one day that while knowing someone has gone missing on a bike ride is an interesting bit of news, people working in a store 7 miles away just don't start immediately thinking "Maybe this is a big crime and we should go the extra hour or two of backing up our current video to another devices, just in case!"

Auto back-up to the cloud is difficult in many of these regions (and I still have tons of questions about how, exactly, Suzanne was accessing her sister and her friend by text and facebook...)

Something like this?

RBBM

I don't remember reading or hearing they had no internet. Where did that come from? I know cell service was spotty and they had no landline, but the internet and wifi is new to me. Do you recall where you read this? Could you share the link with us again?

RBBM

I don't remember reading or hearing they had no internet. Where did that come from? I know cell service was spotty and they had no landline, but the internet and wifi is new to me. Do you recall where you read this? Could you share the link with us again?
In the first minute up until 3 minutes
Tricia and Lauren discuss Suzanne texting the night before...all along between how and what communication worked or didn't work and the timeline with the best friends conversation, has kept me confused. Andy said that Barry had disconnected the landline.

Last edited:
RBBM
Dru Nielsen is the blonde attorney.
I’ve been trying to think positive, but I’m afraid you might be right, really wouldn’t surprise me in the least tbh, ugh.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Neilsen is presented as the dealmaker. I am hoping that she and the prosecutor work out an agreement to release a redacted AA to the public so they don't have to waste time fighting about it. The press then would have to decide whether it's too restrictive and worth challenging in court, but at least the public would have some of the official factual allegations that resulted in the arrest.

^^rsbm

Earlier, I think there was an entire thread with help from locals devoted to how text messages transmit without cellular data. In addition to internet data transmission services for iphone (imessage), etc. -- there also appears to be something available for SMS using global or satellite transmission services. Apparently - it's much easier to point your device in a certain direction for your texts to transmit than your phone to connect. :)

RBBM

I also don't recall claims there was no wifi/internet service at PP before.

In the first minute up until 3 minutes
Tricia and Lauren discuss Suzanne texting the night before...all along between how and what communication worked or didn't work and the timeline with the best friend conversation, has had me confused. Andy said that Barry had disconnected the landline.

I, like you, heard they were texting and LS says it abruptly stopped Saturday morning. There is no mention of internet or wifi. I have not read nor heard that those were not working. If anyone has a link to an approved source that states the home had no internet could you share the link again?

Thank you for the link with Tricia.That was also the first time I heard the communication abruptly stopped on the morning of Saturday the 9th!:eek:

Yes, a pet raccoon. Start at 22:50 mark. Barry trapped and killed a momma raccoon who had a baby with her. BM took the baby home and raised it as a pet. As the raccoon grew older, it became somewhat unruly (wild animal) and BM then killed his “pet raccoon” and skinned it, selling the pelt for $30.00. Why not just release it into the wild? Pretty weird, my opinion
MOO. EBM
Why are Youtube links allowed but not Facebook links?

RBBM

Andy Morman Suzanne’s brother on CM vid said most every time he called It always went to VM because Wi-Fi at PP home was almost non existent

RBBM

In one of the PE interviews Andy said they had no internet to speak of. I'm not sure which one, but it was when he was talking about calling and leaving messages for Suzanne and never hearing back from them. Imo

I, like you, heard they were texting and LS says it abruptly stopped Saturday morning. There is no mention of internet or wifi. I have not read nor heard that those were not working. If anyone has a link to an approved source that states the home had no internet could you share the link again?

Thank you for the link with Tricia.That was also the first time I heard the communication abruptly stopped on the morning of Saturday the 9th!:eek:
I recall the communication between SM and her friend that stopped abruptly was said by Andy to be via Facebook messenger and the next activity was odd, Friend requests from SM sent very late at night. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror