Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
LOL. How wonderfully vague this Sheriff is. Every time I see a quote my opinion goes up. Very well-worded. It could mean anything!

LMAO are we "home" or "outward"? And what does "home" mean, anyway? A house, a family, a person, "home base", a car, last year's house, a phone, a distant relative, the garage, the workplace..... ?

I sure wouldn't want to mess with this Sheriff. He understands words. And I absolutely, categorically, wouldn't feel comfortable with trying to BS an excuse like being in Denver (besides, that's his old haunts) or what happened to my homework.
bbm
Excellent post.
Esp. the bolded. :p

Would love to be a fly on the wall for any 'interviews' , and see that sheriff facing someone down ?
Wondering what the sheriff might say : "What ? Oh, really ? Because if you try any of your smarmy, slick talking on ME you're going to regret it !".... Etc. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a quick point of reference on property destruction for police activity as of March 2020.

This happened in Arapahoe county in the Denver Metro area back in 2015, so may not have the same exact outcome as Chafee County:

The Institute for Justice, a law firm in Arlington, Virginia, has petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to hear one of the weirdest Colorado cases in recent memory, stemming from a SWAT team's 2015 destruction of a Greenwood Village home owned by Leo Lech during the capture of Robert Seacat, a suspected Walmart shoplifter who took refuge there and refused to come out for hours.

"No one is questioning whether the police tactics were reasonable," stresses Jeffrey Redfern, an Institute for Justice attorney working with Denver-based attorney Rachel Maxam, who represents the Lech family in their case seeking compensation from Greenwood Village. "They managed to deal with the situation without anyone getting hurt or any loss of life. The question is: Should the cost be shouldered by one unlucky individual, or by society as a whole?"

The incident began on June 3, 2015, when Seacat fled the Greenwood Village Walmart pursued by police. He wound up holing up at the Lech house, a location apparently chosen by sheer chance.

SWAT Team House Destruction Case Could Land at U.S. Supreme Court

The report that the neighbor did not see her that day is from a news single source, in direct quotes from only ONE of the of the 5.7 million residents of Colorado, who is NOT one of the 135 residents of Maysville, or one of the 20,356 population of Chaffee county. Just sayin'. IMO

The fact that the Sheriff's office has not confirmed who/when/where as to the last known sighting of SM, speaks louder to me, than the step mom of the friend of the kid.
Or the cousin of the uncle's neighbor's cat.
I'll stick with what the CCSO is saying.
Or, isn't saying, as it were.

From the article below, Sheriff Spezze states: "Eventually I was reassigned to the FBI, where I was tasked with running a joint corruption investigation." This could indicate his familiarity and previous ties to the FBI and why he didn't hesitate to ask them to join the investigation.
JMO, MOO, etc

Spezze runs for re-election as sheriff
http://www.chaffeecountytimes.com/f...cle_0cf04304-d2ef-11e8-931b-5763c0d0e45a.html
Sheriff Spezze has a very impressive background and 37 years of experience. There is a comment in the article related to releasing information to the public/media. He might just always run his investigations this way. Also just out of curiosity after reading the posts this morning I searched Chaffee County and drug gangs and there seems to be a lot of drug related crime in the area dating back many years. Sadly maybe it’s that way everywhere I don’t know. Check it out...I found articles on narcotics task force, methamphetamines and more...

So they cracked open someone’s garage pad just to make the “real” criminals think they believed that BM was the perpetrator???
I have to respectfully disagree, I’ve read about too many murderers who try to make police believe that a missing person is a form of “retribution.”
Even in my hometown, a guy murdered his wife and when he realized police were looking at him, he staged his own “fake” kidnapping trying to prove he was innocent. He got life for burying his wife in a 6ft deep grave while she was still alive.
In my opinion, it’s a scenario that murderers think will work to distract police from their own involvement.

Agree.
I think good detectives recognize the red flags when encountering a subject with the kind of thinking murderers have.
First and foremost thinking murder would solve their problem.

Last edited:
If BLM was at a hotel his whereabouts will be easy to establish.
Actually anywhere in Denver as cameras are everywhere.
That's the thing. He could very well have been in Denver and has a verifiable alibi he was there.

However, since we don't know for certain who, where, or when Suzanne was last seen by someone other than BM. That alibi doesn't mean bumpkus (to LE).

I took note of the dates LE asked locals to protect from being recorded over on their home security & game cameras: May 8th - May 12th.

Is the overlap just an overly cautious investigatory measure? Maybe so, but there may also be a significant reason. We just have to trust that LE knows what they are doing and quit second-guessing their approach. Hopefully, we won't have to wait for the truth to emerge much longer.

Last edited:
On the subject of very little information from LE. Does anyone think it’s possible that SM might have gone to someone or LE prior to this happening? Then when she went missing they knew she might have been telling the truth? That’s why everything is so hush hush? That’s why they didn’t assume animal attack, abduction, self harm? That’s why the daughters are quiet? It just seems like LE is gathering info while looking for Suzanne and once they find her an arrest will immediately follow. That’s my personal opinion on how things look right now. Barry’s video didn’t help him at all IMO. It wasn’t sincere, he said “her daughters need her” not our daughters need you. Didn’t even say he needed her. It was a rehearsed tape. He won’t publicly answer questions. Why? Is he being instructed not to talk or is he choosing not to? Why is he so sure someone has her? He says he’ll do whatever it takes but what has he done that we know of? Offering money and no questions asked? Anyone can do that. MOO

If someone were being abused, physically or mentally, two bouts of cancer might make them decide to opt out of the relationship if it wasn't a healthy one. I have a friend who got a divorce after 30 years of marriage to an abusive husband. She told me that what finally pushed her to act was that he still demanded that she wait on him and cook for him when she was going through chemo.
If the marriage was in trouble I do hope that she confided in someone, friend or relative. Often, when the decision to leave is made, that is when one opens up to others and stops keeping secrets. MOO
Gliving posted a link to Suzanne's Church yesterday. I wondered if she may have confided in her Pastor or maybe someone in her life group. Ultimately, no matter how private a person is, there is someone who knows or at least suspects the truth.

That's the thing. He could very well have been in Denver and has a verifiable alibi he was there.

However, since we don't know for certain who, where, or when Suzanne was last seen by someone other than BM. That alibi doesn't mean bumpkus.

I took note of the dates LE asked locals to protect from being recorded over on their home security & game cameras: May 8th - May 12th.

Is the overlap just an overly cautious investigatory measure? Maybe so, but there may also be a significant reason. We just have to trust that LE knows what they are doing and quit second-guessing their approach. Hopefully, we won't have to wait for the truth to emerge much longer.

When they asked for locals to save video from the 8th, it made me think of what Rodderick Drayton found on his home security cam before the time frame GS was supposed to have went to his friend's, and the false time frame folks were working with at the beginning.

I suppose it's possible they asked for the 8th, for the very same reason.
Maybe Gannon's case is fresh on the minds of LE in Chaffee County as well.
Possible I guess.

Yes. I’ve seen this. In one of the past threads I mentioned that she wasn’t overly happy about the move to Colorado Because someone here mentioned it. I was informed that it was never mentioned but I swore I read it here by a poster. Now at least I know I’m not going crazy. Lol. I went back to try and find the post but maybe it was deleted. Like I said in my original comment, learning that she had some angst is very telling to me. IMO Indiana was her home all her life. Moving can be uncertain. It doesn’t mean you can’t adapt and end up loving a new state though.

I’ve been recently getting caught up on this case. I just watched BM video plea and thought the focus on kidnapping was interesting. Reminds me of Barbara Thomas case. I’m trying to keep an open mind though.

How many searches were conducted? Does it seem unlikely that she fell off her bike, hit her head and wandered off?
JMO

On the subject of very little information from LE. Does anyone think it’s possible that SM might have gone to someone or LE prior to this happening? Then when she went missing they knew she might have been telling the truth? That’s why everything is so hush hush? That’s why they didn’t assume animal attack, abduction, self harm? That’s why the daughters are quiet? It just seems like LE is gathering info while looking for Suzanne and once they find her an arrest will immediately follow. That’s my personal opinion on how things look right now. Barry’s video didn’t help him at all IMO. It wasn’t sincere, he said “her daughters need her” not our daughters need you. Didn’t even say he needed her. It was a rehearsed tape. He won’t publicly answer questions. Why? Is he being instructed not to talk or is he choosing not to? Why is he so sure someone has her? He says he’ll do whatever it takes but what has he done that we know of? Offering money and no questions asked? Anyone can do that. MOO
MOO BM’s public plea was merely for the jury. In the event he is named as a POI or suspect, this would stand as a way of casting reasonable doubt to even one juror.

Again, purely speculation and MOO.

Maybe there was a situation on the radar BEFORE SM went missing, which accounts for LE's methods AFTER she went missing.
I've wondered the same myself. I keep coming back to the "initial" 5/10 search using 100 highly trained people on Mother's Day . I'm assuming these highly trained people didn't all just live down the street. If 911 was not called until late in the afternoon, how did LE, interview the 911 caller, assemble a large search team (physically), include the FBI, brief them all and get two hours of search in before the sun set?

In terms of the lack of information LE has shared with the public, remember, what ever information they share with public....they also are sharing with the perp....

Last edited:
Yes. I’ve seen this. In one of the past threads I mentioned that she wasn’t overly happy about the move to Colorado Because someone here mentioned it. I was informed that it was never mentioned but I swore I read it here by a poster. Now at least I know I’m not going crazy. Lol. I went back to try and find the post but maybe it was deleted. Like I said in my original comment, learning that she had some angst is very telling to me. IMO Indiana was her home all her life. Moving can be uncertain. It doesn’t mean you can’t adapt and end up loving a new state though.
The article has been updated, maybe what you originally saw was lost in edits, etc. "This story has been updated in response to emerging questions about some information that was referenced in an earlier version." There are some diametrically opposed opinions of BM in that article.

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

The fact that the Sheriff's office has not confirmed who/when/where as to the last known sighting of SM, speaks louder to me, than the step mom of the friend of the kid.
Or the cousin of the uncle's neighbor's cat.
I'll stick with what the CCSO is saying.
Or, isn't saying, as it were.
I'm not trying to be either facetious or picky when I say that I am sticking with what the CCSO is saying. while others including yourself are reading between the lines of what the CCSO is saying. (kind of like this link generated by the Sheriff's website being a direct toward a missing teenager, but will land on press releases about this case) IMO
Missing teenager located in Chaffee County - Chaffee County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members