Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to give TN the benefit of the doubt here. As you pointed out, he was family living in state. Maybe he has some kind of background that would make him more qualified than other family to be a spokesperson. Maybe when he volunteered he believed this was a missing person case and nothing more (might explain his comment about the bike). Maybe as things have progressed and it has become clearly a criminal investigation it is more than he bargained for and has begged off, which would be a reasonablething to do. Maybe. JMO.
IMO, it's a sign that as the investigation progressed, things just weren't as he was led to believe in the beginning.

Not the OP, but I took her post to mean, Suzanne may have expressed she wanted out of the marriage between May 8th and 10th. A fight ensued, and Suzanne disappeared.

Maybe she did consult an attorney and said attorney has come forward to LE which wouldn't look too good for a certain someone, depending on what Suzanne shared as the grounds for divorce.

Sheer speculation on my part, but it could be a possibility, JMO.
I tend to think that’s exactly how this went down (crime of passion). The quick response of law enforcement, and the way this has been handled since day one, says to me that they weren’t fooled.

I think there was staging here, and it was sloppy. In something premeditated, I would expect a law enforcement response that allowed for either an accident, suicide, or abduction scenario.

It doesn’t appear that happened, and I don’t think it was “tunnel vision.” I think someone made a huge mistake, or more likely, a series of them. That’s because they were reacting.

LE had a good idea what they were dealing with.

True. She was the gift that kept on giving, and now we’re getting the exact opposite.

Another thing that the Stauch case had going for it, was a house that was easily accessible to the media. They could camp out there, and view the comings and goings of law enforcement.

Not so here.

Yeah, also Chaffee County isn't exactly a major market and fewer reporters are traveling right now due to COVID. I bet LE is loving that.

I tend to think that’s exactly how this went down (crime of passion). The quick response of law enforcement, and the way this has been handled since day one, says to me that they weren’t fooled.

I think there was staging here, and it was sloppy. In something premeditated, I would expect a law enforcement response that allowed for either an accident, suicide, or abduction scenario.

It doesn’t appear that happened, and I don’t think it was “tunnel vision.” I think someone made a huge mistake, or more likely, a series of them. That’s because they were reacting.

I just think that the perp also didn't expect anyone to report her missing as fast as they did.

You’re not comparing apples to apples. In many instances, the husband is guilty! A father or mother going public is completely different than a spouse. Of course parents can be guilty too, but often they are not guilty.

I guess my post wasn't very fruitful, then. I think you missed my point, and I may have missed yours, too.

But, it's all good. We're both here for Suzanne, and this is about the only way I can show support for her. And HER girls.

I would say anyone having an affair with a man when his wife has cancer ... deserves to spend the rest of her life in the hell she will endure with such a person.

Yeah. About that . . . .

bbm
Well said !
When a "like" is not enough.
I don't know if anyone has been vocally critical of the sheriff's office-- but if so, shame on them.
They are pursuing justice for Suzanne and it would appear they're being diligent to the point of seeming to move too slowly for some people's opinion.
MOO

Really, it is still early days yet in the investigation into SM's disappearance.

To my knowledge TN is the nephew of BM and he said he felt close to SM, his aunt by marriage to his uncle. I don't think TN was ever made the spokesperson for the family or necessarily considered himself the spokesperson per se. He was the one who was willing to speak out in that first week, he set-up a FB page and was interviewed. He was clearly distraught and worried about his missing aunt.

As I've said before, I'm wondering if we misread the TN situation. I'm not sure he and others in SM's family were part of the BM team. I guess we'll see as time goes on.

Someone mentioned about SM's family not knowing who TN was? I'll look for verification, but I think the statement made about that has been misconstrued or taken out of context.

100%
I'd be a very very surprised if this isn't the case.

If she had killed herself, they most likely would've already found her.

There's no reason to believe she left voluntarily, or even could've evaded investigators (including the FBI) this long.

She hadn't been doing anything that put her at exceptionally high risk of misadventure/disappearance outdoors. At the very most, she took a short bike ride on a popular, easy trail near her home. She wasn't whitewater rafting. She didn't fall into a crevasse out in the backcountry. If she had some sort of accident or was attacked by an animal, they almost certainly would've found evidence of the event itself, if not her remains.

That leaves me to believe that her body was concealed somewhere by a human attacker. No other scenario seems as plausible.

Well ... good question. One theory could be that he was just "outed" and confronted by his wife and he went ballistic, lost control ... no time for lawyers yet. Most women would confront/discuss/want to know why, etc before thinking of attorney... imo

JMO

"Outed" for what, exactly? If a woman wants out of a marriage, she knows the reason why. Long-time marriages fall apart for many reasons. I have a good friend who received an email from his wife of 25 years telling him she had filed for divorce and retained an attorney. He was shocked and very hurt. He had been relocated by his corporation from Scottsdale to Denver and his wife helped him select a beautiful new home. She was still living in their Scottsdale home. After he moved into the new Denver home, she decided she didn't want to relocate. One child had graduated ASU, the other had a year left. His wife didn't want to relocate at age 49 and have to make new friends so she hired an attorney and then sent him the email.

So far in this case, the public has not been made aware of any evidence this couple's marriage was on the rocks. I'm still not sure about his source of income or if SM had her own source of income. Too many unknowns here to point the finger at anyone.

JMO

Someone mentioned about SM's family not knowing who TN was? I'll look for verification, but I think the statement made about that has been misconstrued or taken out of context.

It wasn't miscontrued or taken out of context by me. It was quoted from the MSM article:

It doesn't indicate which side of the family was giving what information because the same article says

Suzanne’s relative said they did not know Trevor Noel, and was not sure why Barry Morphew’s mother was the recipient of the ******** donatons, though they did note that the fundraiser may be supplementing travel and housing costs for relatives who traveled to central Colorado

ETA: I think the problem is that journalists are not identifying their sources and could be speaking with both sides of the family but not indicating what info came from which side. At least the article did state that spokesperson TN is in fact Barry's nephew.

Last edited:
This is what it says about the family- although it does say they’re glad to have TN in the same state, it does on to say they didn’t know him, and weren’t sure why Barry’s mom is the beneficiary of the ***

‘“I think it was sort of a step toward retirement,” the family member said. Suzanne mention to the relative she was happy that another family member, Barry’s newphew Trevor Noel, lived in the state.

Early in the investigation, Trevor Noel identified himself as the family spokesperson, but has stopped responding to media inquiries. A Facebook page he launched to collect and share information about the search for Suzanne has not been updated in over a week. He also launched a campaign to raise money for a volunteer search effort. The crowdfunding campaign has raised over $30,000 dollars, and Barry Morphew’s mother was listed as the beneficiary in recent days.

Suzanne’s relative said they did not know Trevor Noel, and was not sure why Barry Morphew’s mother was the recipient of the donatons, though they did note that the fundraiser may be supplementing travel and housing costs for relatives who traveled to central Colorado.

“I have a feeling someone told him not to talk,” the relative said about Trevor Noel’s recent silence. During the first week of the investigation, Noel told local media outlets that police had recovered Suzanne Morphew’s bike, and Suzanne’s relative believes police did not want that information leaked.’
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

There's no reason to believe she left voluntarily, or even could've evaded investigators (including the FBI) this long.

She hadn't been doing anything that put her at exceptionally high risk of misadventure/disappearance outdoors. At the very most, she took a short bike ride on a popular, easy trail near her home. She wasn't whitewater rafting. She didn't fall into a crevasse out in the backcountry. If she had some sort of accident or was attacked by an animal, they almost certainly would've found evidence of the event itself, if not her remains.

That leaves me to believe that her body was concealed somewhere by a human attacker. No other scenario seems as plausible.

If SM had left voluntarily, all she had to do was alert her family she was safe and this investigation would be closed.

Why are you assuming her bike rides were short? The problem isn't the length of her bike rides, it's that her bike rides were in a rural area and she was alone. Very high risk.

JMO

This is what it says about the family- although it does say they’re glad to have TN in the same state, it does on to say they didn’t know him, and weren’t sure why Barry’s mom is the beneficiary of the ***

‘“I think it was sort of a step toward retirement,” the family member said. Suzanne mention to the relative she was happy that another family member, Barry’s newphew Trevor Noel, lived in the state.

Early in the investigation, Trevor Noel identified himself as the family spokesperson, but has stopped responding to media inquiries. A Facebook page he launched to collect and share information about the search for Suzanne has not been updated in over a week. He also launched a ******** campaign to raise money for a volunteer search effort. The crowdfunding campaign has raised over $30,000 dollars, and Barry Morphew’s mother was listed as the beneficiary in recent days.

Suzanne’s relative said they did not know Trevor Noel, and was not sure why Barry Morphew’s mother was the recipient of the ******** donatons, though they did note that the fundraiser may be supplementing travel and housing costs for relatives who traveled to central Colorado.

“I have a feeling someone told him not to talk,” the relative said about Trevor Noel’s recent silence. During the first week of the investigation, Noel told local media outlets that police had recovered Suzanne Morphew’s bike, and Suzanne’s relative believes police did not want that information leaked.’
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]
BBM. The article includes an incredible amount of unsourced speculation which is never helpful in cases such as this one. It's up to the donors to decide if they want to contribute to .com campaigns. Why the need to drag Barry's family into it to imply they are somehow at fault is really crossing the line, imo.

JMO

JMO

"Outed" for what, exactly? If a woman wants out of a marriage, she knows the reason why. Long-time marriages fall apart for many reasons. I have a good friend who received an email from his wife of 25 years telling him she had filed for divorce and retained an attorney. He was shocked and very hurt. He had been relocated by his corporation from Scottsdale to Denver and his wife helped him select a beautiful new home. She was still living in their Scottsdale home. After he moved into the new Denver home, she decided she didn't want to relocate. One child had graduated ASU, the other had a year left. His wife didn't want to relocate at age 49 and have to make new friends so she hired an attorney and then sent him the email.

So far in this case, the public has not been made aware of any evidence this couple's marriage was on the rocks. I'm still not sure about his source of income or if SM had her own source of income. Too many unknowns here to point the finger at anyone.

JMO

I mean suddenly found out by whatever means that her husband was not true to the marriage. I feel like the move, her battle with cancer, raising two nearly adult daughters probably has caused her to grow ~ if she suddenly found out about unfaithfulness, she may have confronted him about if first. It may have been a crime of passion. My theory is that BM is controlling, she has always been complacent. IMO this may have suddenly changed and he couldn't control her. That this happened so fast that she didn't get to see a lawyer yet. Long-term marriages amongst people you and I know often end much differently. Just MOO.

So, I tried a little experiment with Barry's video:

First, I watched it with the sound muted.
Then, I listened to it with my eyes closed.

It was an interesting exercise.

One thing I noticed when I was watching sans sound is that, as several other posters have pointed out, he shook his head side to side in a negative motion almost the entire time.

The other thing I noticed with just visual sensory input was that BM's facial expression did not alter whatsoever…and by that I mean, not even a flicker.

His forehead is heavily furrowed, and watching his face, the lines/wrinkles in his forehead remained completely frozen throughout. 0 facial movement.
That struck me as unusual.
To me, it indicated he was aware of and controlling his facial expressions.

When I switched sensory inputs to auditory and listened to him with my eyes closed, a specific sentence caused my ears to perk up:

"We love you. We miss you. Your daughters need you."

What I expected to hear was, "We love you. We miss you. Our daughters need you."

He did not say, "OUR daughters need you," which would have been in keeping with his previous plural "We" statements.

He switched it to the singular, "Your" when talking about the girls.

My ears picked up that discrepancy immediately.

I think it was distancing language, and that he was unconsciously distancing himself from his daughters in that moment, because he knows how much pain they're experiencing, and does not want to acknowledge the reasons for their pain.

Then again, as Freud famously said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Maybe he's just a crappy grammarian.

JMO.
You're spot on, IMO.

Also if it was a random attack. No body. Not looking good.

That's very kind of you. I will think about it. I've just recovered from a very serious bout of COVID-19 - ill for 10 weeks in total, including pneumonia. I know I'm lucky to be alive. I'm still thoroughly wiped out (and can't yet climb one flight of stairs without having to sit down to get my breath back). Ihave COVID antibodies whizzing around my body, which is great, and I'm packing to go look after a close relative who is dying and doesn't want palliative care from the local hospice. My life priorities have turned upside down and I don't ever like committing to something I can't carry through. It suits me to be an occasional lay-person right now.
Love and respect to all those who are suffering from COVID-19, and for their loved ones too. Sorry to go off-piste!

I’ve heard that Websleuths is perfect for convalescence. As good as a month by the coast.

Don't most women who want out of a marriage after many years consult with an attorney and file for divorce? Why would a woman living in a million dollar home for decades with her husband just threaten divorce to her husband and not follow through with the legal filing? To me, that makes no sense.

JMO
I do not understand. Are you saying a woman who has spent more than half her life living with the same man will not talk to him first about wanting a divorce while living under the same roof? I would think she would. Like they say on Seinfeld, ending a relationship is often not like ripping off a bandaid - but more like trying to turn over a vending machine - you have to rock it back and forth for a while before it comes crashing down. :) MOO

So, I tried a little experiment with Barry's video:

First, I watched it with the sound muted.
Then, I listened to it with my eyes closed.

It was an interesting exercise.

One thing I noticed when I was watching sans sound is that, as several other posters have pointed out, he shook his head side to side in a negative motion almost the entire time.

The other thing I noticed with just visual sensory input was that BM's facial expression did not alter whatsoever…and by that I mean, not even a flicker.

His forehead is heavily furrowed, and watching his face, the lines/wrinkles in his forehead remained completely frozen throughout. 0 facial movement.
That struck me as unusual.
To me, it indicated he was aware of and controlling his facial expressions.

When I switched sensory inputs to auditory and listened to him with my eyes closed, a specific sentence caused my ears to perk up:

"We love you. We miss you. Your daughters need you."

What I expected to hear was, "We love you. We miss you. Our daughters need you."

He did not say, "OUR daughters need you," which would have been in keeping with his previous plural "We" statements.

He switched it to the singular, "Your" when talking about the girls.

My ears picked up that discrepancy immediately.

I think it was distancing language, and that he was unconsciously distancing himself from his daughters in that moment, because he knows how much pain they're experiencing, and does not want to acknowledge the reasons for their pain.

Then again, as Freud famously said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Maybe he's just a crappy grammarian.

JMO.

ITA

Shaking one's head "no" while speaking is one of the biggest tells that a person is lying.

Lying is hard on the psyche and the mind does not want to participate so it signals "no" to the viewer.

If I had to guess I'd say a lot of rehearsing went into that short performance and then, Whoops! the old brain gave it away! My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX