Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weird thing is I literally just finished the Kate White fiction "Such a Perfect Wife" where a perfect wife goes missing while jogging and then her ear buds are found. Was she abducted and they were left behind? Were they placed later on the trail as a red herring? It was a fiction book and has nothing to do with this case. But there are so many parallels (and some not) that my mind keeps thinking of it. It's just one of those weird coincidences where real life is stranger than fiction.

What I heard that made an impact was when he was asked, have you expanded the area of the search?, his answer was a big yes, very much so. I take that to mean they could have found items much further away than the original search area.

Please see the following news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office providing an update on the Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Case.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020 (update)

Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020.

Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.

While investigators aren't releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew's disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.

Agencies assisting in Friday's Search Include:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
Department of Corrections Search Team
Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
Colorado Department of Transportation
Colorado State Patrol
K9 Assistance
FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
CBI

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

Check out the Chaffee County Sheriff's FB page. Under the "U.S. Highway 50 Reopens" post, there is an interesting comment.
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
2 hrs ·
US Highway 50 Re-Opens

(Friday, May 15, 2020—Chaffee County, CO)—The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office announces that US Highway 50 (Monarch Pass) is now open.

The Sheriff’s Office greatly appreciates the patience of the community during the search of the area in connection with the Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case.

Here's the link.

Yep unfortunately it doesn't appear that this is heading to a happy ending at all

There's no sense of urgency to find an alive person, I think they know what's happened to her

And I think she was likely already dead before LE became involved

This is a criminal investigation IMO
bbm
Agreed !

The first article about Suzanne's case said just that.
I don't have any reason to think that's changed; esp. after this presser.
Imo.

Last edited:
Please see the following news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office providing an update on the Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Case.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020 (update)

Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020.

Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.

While investigators aren't releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew's disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.

Agencies assisting in Friday's Search Include:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
Department of Corrections Search Team
Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
Colorado Department of Transportation
Colorado State Patrol
K9 Assistance
FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
CBI

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

Check out the Chaffee County Sheriff's FB page. Under the "U.S. Highway 50 Reopens" post, there is an interesting comment.

Here’s the link:
FB / Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

(Welcome :) )

From the above link:

blocked-road.jpg

(Photo taken May 13: The Sheriff’s Office blocked off the road at Hwy 50 and County Road 225 via Twitter: Amber Jo Cooper)
CR-225-2.jpg

County Road 225 and West Highway 50 (Google Maps)
It is GREAT to see you here Margarita!!!

The weird thing is I literally just finished the Kate White fiction "Such a Perfect Wife" where a perfect wife goes missing while jogging and then her ear buds are found. Was she abducted and they were left behind? Were they placed later on the trail as a red herring? It was a fiction book and has nothing to do with this case. But there are so many parallels (and some not) that my mind keeps thinking of it. It's just one of those weird coincidences where real life is stranger than fiction.

Sounds way more to me like the Sherri Papini case. Where real life was indeed stranger than fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko