CO CO - Wheat Ridge - Shaida Ghaemi - 44 - American Motel - 2007

sonofshaida

Verified Son of Missing Shaida Ghaemi
Reaction score
Well, this isn't easy for me but here I go....

For some reason, the whole Mollie Tibbett's thing really stirred things up.

This is my mom who went missing September 9th, 2007

Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: Shaida Ghaemi
Blood in Wheat Ridge motel missing woman's – The Denver Post

From the articles:
Wheat Ridge police say they have linked blood drops found in a motel room to a woman who disappeared eight weeks ago.

Shaida Ghaemi was last seen at the American Motel, 10101 Interstate 70 Service Road North, on Sept. 9, said Lisa Stigall, Wheat Ridge police spokeswoman.

Ghaemi’s family reported her missing two days later, and she has not been heard from since Stigall said.

She had been staying with her boyfriend at the motel, and police now consider him a person of interest, Stigall said. The boyfriend denied knowing Ghaemi’s whereabouts when he was interviewed by detectives.

Extra Details:

My mom took our family divorce really hard and slowly slipped into a depression in the years following. We actually grew up in a really nice suburb of Denver and it was just highly unusual to end up disappearing where she did with the guy she was last seen with.

She was extremely co dependent and even though she had a falling out with some of our family, she was in constant contact with either my grandma, grandpa, sister, and sometimes me. She left me a voicemail that I never called her back on and that was the last I ever heard from her. She went missing about a month after that voicemail.

I've been patient, which I'm not sure was always the right thing, and now all this time later she's nowhere to be found. It's a homicide investigation now and her bf is the main person of interest but they can't pin it on him.

I did end up going on the news and my family offered up a reward, although I'm not sure it was ever enough the detectives didn't think bumping it up would do anything. Looking back, I wish we did.

Any help would be appreciated if anyone stumbles on anything or can point me in the right direction. I've reached out to some cold case websites for help.

I have nothing to offer you except my sincere sympathy for the disappearance of your mother. Not knowing what's become of her must be excruciating. I hope you get your answers soon and that your mother is returned to those who love her.

Well, this isn't easy for me but here I go....

For some reason, the whole Mollie Tibbett's thing really stirred things up.

This is my mom who went missing September 9th, 2007

Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: Shaida Ghaemi
Blood in Wheat Ridge motel missing woman's – The Denver Post

From the articles:
Wheat Ridge police say they have linked blood drops found in a motel room to a woman who disappeared eight weeks ago.

Shaida Ghaemi was last seen at the American Motel, 10101 Interstate 70 Service Road North, on Sept. 9, said Lisa Stigall, Wheat Ridge police spokeswoman.

Ghaemi’s family reported her missing two days later, and she has not been heard from since Stigall said.

She had been staying with her boyfriend at the motel, and police now consider him a person of interest, Stigall said. The boyfriend denied knowing Ghaemi’s whereabouts when he was interviewed by detectives.

Extra Details:

My mom took our family divorce really hard and slowly slipped into a depression in the years following. We actually grew up in a really nice suburb of Denver and it was just highly unusual to end up disappearing where she did with the guy she was last seen with.

She was extremely co dependent and even though she had a falling out with some of our family, she was in constant contact with either my grandma, grandpa, sister, and sometimes me. She left me a voicemail that I never called her back on and that was the last I ever heard from her. She went missing about a month after that voicemail.

I've been patient, which I'm not sure was always the right thing, and now all this time later she's nowhere to be found. It's a homicide investigation now and her bf is the main person of interest but they can't pin it on him.

I did end up going on the news and my family offered up a reward, although I'm not sure it was ever enough the detectives didn't think bumping it up would do anything. Looking back, I wish we did.

Any help would be appreciated if anyone stumbles on anything or can point me in the right direction. I've reached out to some cold case websites for help.

Arash,

Do you have access to any of the police investigation files or are you able to request them? I may be able to lend a hand. Don't know how much of one but the possibility might be there.

So sorry to hear what you're going through!

Housekeeping -- as the Original Poster, can you add Colorado to the thread title?

Have you started the process to become a Verified Insider for your mother's thread?

If there is information anywhere about your missing Mom -- a member of WebSleuths will find that information!

Rest & comfort to you & your family, Laughing

So sorry about your mom. It's frustrating for law enforcement when they know a person is guilty, but have no evidence against the person. Keep putting pressure on the DA and homicide detectives.

Thanks for the responses.

@MindHunter13 I can get access to the files. Any help is much appreciated. What do I need to ask for?

@Catmammy No. From my understanding, he's still around and going about his everyday life.

@Laughing Someone reached out to verify that I'm actually the son. I assume that's the same thing.

Having trouble typing as I'm recovering from shoulder surgery but thanks for the help - I'm willing to try anything this community suggests. I will continue to check back but please post anything else I should try.

Thanks for the responses.

I will continue to check back but please post anything else I should try.

Arash, remember to practice self-compassion, You were very young when this happened to your Mom, wonderful that you are looking for answers, keep in mind that her disappearance was NOT your responsibility!

Take care of yourself & that shoulder, please.

Thanks for joining us here on WS, so sorry that a tragedy brought you here!

Arash, would you be comfortable attempting to talk to the boyfriend? His memories of her and his theory of what's become of her?

@Catmammy

I've never thought about that and not sure how ready I am to face him.

He's the lone suspect in the case and the last person she was seen with.

By your response I take it that you'd never met or spoken with him before, correct?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp
Back