Conjoined twins Lori and Dori/Reba/George Schappell die at 62

airportwoman

Reaction score
They were the oldest known still-conjoined twins on earth, and seemed to live relatively normal lives despite absolutely nothing normal being the case about them. I hadn't heard anything about them for some years; they appeared to have stepped out of the public eye around 2010, which they had every right to do. A cause of death was not made public.

RIP.

They were the oldest known still-conjoined twins on earth, and seemed to live relatively normal lives despite absolutely nothing normal being the case about them. I hadn't heard anything about them for some years; they appeared to have stepped out of the public eye around 2010, which they had every right to do. A cause of death was not made public.

RIP.

ok I read the article and it didn't mention this ... who is the Dori and Reba in your title?

ok I read the article and it didn't mention this ... who is the Dori and Reba in your title?
George was transgender. He changed his name a couple of times throughout his life. The first time was to Reba, because he hated that their names rhymed and loved Reba McEntire 's music. Both twins were strongly independent personalities and pursued their own interests and maintained their own private space as much as possible.

From what I've read, Dori liked the named Reba, after the singer so she became Reba, then she later transitioned to male and became George.

"While George's original name was Dori, he actually came out as a transgender man in 2007, changing his name from Reba -- a moniker he took up because he disliked their rhyming names -- to George"

Of course, George could not have fully transitioned, because it would have affected Lori. I do remember in one doco, their physician described (then) Reba's disability as "spina bifida, with incomplete development of the - " and then it cut to her saying, "There are certain things I would like to keep to me."

I think it may have been the one I saw several times, which opened with them at the observation deck at Windows on the World, obviously pre-9/11.

Of course, George could not have fully transitioned, because it would have affected Lori. I do remember in one doco, their physician described (then) Reba's disability as "spina bifida, with incomplete development of the - " and then it cut to her saying, "There are certain things I would like to keep to me."

I think it may have been the one I saw several times, which opened with them at the observation deck at Windows on the World, obviously pre-9/11.
Transitioning is individual to every transgender person, and may or may not include hormonal or surgical treatment. Some people cannot have it for medical or financial reasons, some people do not want it and asserting their gender in other ways is affirming enough for them. What George's transition looked like would have been individual to him, and is no less valid if it did not include hormones or surgery.

MOO

Aww :(
There have been a few documentaries over the years featuring George and Lori. They often talked in-depth about how they made sure they each had time to themselves to focus on what they liked doing as individuals. Very inspiring, there’s no doubt.

Just browsed through their wiki and George was a country singer; “[Lori] said that, as a fan of his, she paid to attend [George’s] concerts”. I think that sums it up well.

RIP George and Lori!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly
Back