Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quester, the photo in your post (#432) shows a such a beautifully, idyllic little town. Is that Newtown? Such a stark contrast to the news photos of the school. Thank you for posting the pic.

Yes, it is Newtown, and you're welcome. The included caption read:

A U.S. flag, second from left, flies at half-staff honoring the victims that died a day earlier when a gunman opened fire at an elementary school on Dec. 15, 2012, in Newtown, Conn after the massacre of 26 children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary school. (Julio Cortez/AP Photo)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/slideshow/p...oting-17974409

CNN talking about chldren going back to school TOMORROW!!!????
it's just to early..........teachers need time also..........
come on............no school for them yet!!! JMOO

I agree. They are so young and probably will be so scared to go back. IMO this is so wrong.

I read that horror story and now I am angry - angry! I have a grandson like that. The way he got that way was NO discipline, no one would stop the two year old. They were afraid if they disciplined him, he would hate them. They did nothing but threaten, drive him to the police station, tell him he wouldn't get what they had PROMISED, then give it to him anyway.

Yeah, my grandson has asperbergers. He ended up locked up for a while, through some lies by the school, if my daugher can be believed, which I don't believe she can. THEY were horrible parents, no discipline until it was much too late, empty threats, horrific rides to jail, horrific incarceration when he was older.

Damn, I could go on, but I don't need a time out right now.

I just want to say, do NOT believe everything you read, don't take it as truth, in fact, you can't believe much of what you hear, just what you read in the records.

I am so angry right now - my own grandson went through this - did I meantion ADHD, medication where he couldn't eat and sweated out his life force? Damn, and double damn, folks, do not believe everything you read - usually there is a very good reason.

Finally, I'm done ranting, but yes, and double yes, we need a discussion on mental health, but not just here, where no one really cares, we need to make some REAL changes.

Who knows why some kids thrive under certain environments, while other kids sink in the same. It's interesting, though, isn't it? Because she does have other kids who aren't suffering in this way, so we can't blame parenting style alone in her case, can we?

Should we dismiss one more mom who needs help as simply a bad mother? I think that's the new flavor of mental illness: where did mom go wrong? No wonder we, as mothers, are so likely to be in denial about our own child's challenges.

I have a step brother like described in that article. We all had very similar life and discipline. He was diagnosed as bipolar at 8, which is very young. He was in and out of mental hospitals. Now, as a young man, he's on anti-psychotics and his diagnosis is schizophrenia, just like his biological father he's never met. He does so very well with the support of his church family, as long as he stays on his medication. What's the explanation there, if his siblings were all able to manage and thrive with our shared disciplinary background, if not mental health?

I understand you are saying that in YOUR case it is behavioral and not physiological. I respect that because I don't know your situation, and I've certainly seen that happen myself. Trust me, I have, especially when I was teaching. When I read that article, my knee jerk reaction was to scream at her re: what *I* would have done differently. I get it.

I don't think it's fair of you (or me) to summarize that every family who has these struggles is dealing with a purely behavioral issue, though. Mental illness IS real. It happens to families of all walks of life, and all parenting models.

The Connecticut police department warn anyone on any social media sites giving any information that does not come straight from the LE department, will be prosecuted by any and all state, Federal and local laws. Apparently some people are giving out a lot of false information, the only information that can be trusted is to come directly from the Connecticut Police Department website.

http://www.ct.gov/despp/site/default.asp

:cop::clap:
I heard that loud and clear!
:computer:

CNN talking about chldren going back to school TOMORROW!!!????
it's just to early..........teachers need time also..........
come on............no school for them yet!!! JMOO

I think that they should wait until after the holidays. Going back would be too much, too soon. They can always forego a Spring Break if really necessary.

OK that wasn't what I understood from Vance, he said social media not the media.

I dont think they are mutually exclusive-I think the media is combing facebook and twitter and sites like this one for some of their information. JMVHO.

I am very happy the Vance is standing firm and will go after any social media/person who is misinforming, misrepresenting, and posing as people in this case. He is protecting the victims and their families as he should. They have been through enough and need not be subjected to more cruel, heartless, sick people.

My initial thought when this happened was that AL hated his mother but now I'm leaning toward something else.

I think it is possible that he cared about his mother and in his sick mind he killed her to protect her from what he was about to do. His real anger may have been towards his father and brother. He left them to cope with his actions. He carried his brother's ID to cause his brother trouble. Reports are stating that he had no contact with his brother or father for some time.
I just don't know. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.

I was having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this year anyhow and now I think it may be impossible.

This is my opinion only.

Holy Cow! I had no idea the home was that large!
(I live in 1800 square ft)

article-2248197-168509C8000005DC-691_634x376.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-turned-heartless-killer.html#ixzz2FBi8lE9X

I question whether that is the mother's house. I think it's an error. I've seen other pictures that don't look like that.

Um yeah he is mad. Maybe this thread should be under lockdown or have general discussion disclaimer?

Anything previously posted by me...has been MOO

I am stopping any posting.
Love prayers to victims
hearts/blessing to to the WS and the world

:seeya:

Regarding 4 Chan. scam you quoted:

I am sorry, I haven't been here as much as I've wanted to... but I've been trying to read everything. What piece is the 4 Chan scam? Anyone have the time to explain to someone who missed it? I am sorry, I usually try not t ask for what I can find myself- I tried googling- I can't seem to figure it out.

Holy Cow! I had no idea the home was that large!
(I live in 1800 square ft)

article-2248197-168509C8000005DC-691_634x376.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-turned-heartless-killer.html#ixzz2FBi8lE9X

Several sites are posting that picture as the Lanza home. I think it is incorrect. NL had a colonial home and the aerial photos of the home with the crime scene van outside look different.

I've attached a picture of an entirely different home that the media says was the home.

Google Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...=us&ei=RAPOULihLYWm9gS_2YHwDw&ved=0CDIQ8gEwAA

Again, too much conflicting information in this case! I'll be glad when they release enough information for us to

Attachments

• article-2248860-1688E3B7000005DC-174_634x461.jpg
    article-2248860-1688E3B7000005DC-174_634x461.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors