Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up! Only one thing to contribute that I haven't seen, but may have missed: if reports are true that Nancy was having an increasingly difficult time reaching her son that doesn't fit with the two possibly moving and AL going to college. If AL was getting worse would he be up for such a challenge?

Finally caught up! Only one thing to contribute that I haven't seen, but may have missed: if reports are true that Nancy was having an increasingly difficult time reaching her son that doesn't fit with the two possibly moving and AL going to college. If AL was getting worse would he be up for such a challenge?

I got the feeling she was having a harder and harder time relating to him, reaching him, connecting to him. He was 20 years old and by all accounts bright, so perhaps she thought having something to occupy his mind would help him succeed in life.

Even emotionally unreachable people can excel at college. I don't see his emotional unreachableness was an impediment to achieving something else in life.

Though clearly she underestimated the extent of his issues, so...

II think one reason AL went after the children is because they were 'normal'. He probably started school around 5/6 years old, and that probably was when it was noticed he was different-by himself and by others-teachers, psychologist, etc. He may have harbored resentment to the psychologist-she may even have been the one he interacted with at age 5/6...and he probably became aware he was different when he became part of a class of 15-20 kids. When it all boiled over? He went after the adult educators and persons of authority (when he was a kid), then the children-because they weren't like him. They weren't ever going to know or have to live with his pain-what he had experienced.

I have been making a small video to remember the victims.
I had the urge to do something, and creating this has helped me a lot....
I thought you might like it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8fm7CYvPfA&feature=youtu.be

Beautifully done italianWSfan, thank you for sharing that... It brought tears to my eyes, but after reading so much about AL, it's good to bring the focus back where it belongs.

As suggested by the fake Morgan Freeman, I will never forget the name of one of those angels, Grace McDonnell.

I got the feeling she was having a harder and harder time relating to him, reaching him, connecting to him. He was 20 years old and by all accounts bright, so perhaps she thought having something to occupy his mind would help him succeed in life.

Even emotionally unreachable people can excel at college. I don't see his emotional unreachableness was an impediment to achieving something else in life.

Though clearly she underestimated the extent of his issues, so...

I agree, however it seems like he was becoming more and more unmanageable to the point where Nancy was no longer having visitors over. Intellectual abilities aside, if her son was increasingly difficult and that isolated, I can't see him being able to handle the emotional challenges of going to school.

I have several thoughts about this, not all mutually compatible. In random order:

She could have been in denial.
She could have thought that a worthy goal would motivate him to get out of his batcave and to accept help with his issues.
If she noticed that he was slipping deeper and deeper into an unhealthy obsession with the guns and violent games she might have been trying to divert his thoughts into a more productive track. (Didn't we hear that they had not visited shooting ranges recently?)
Finally, it could have been just idle talk with neighbors even if she didn't think it was really possible and maybe what she was really looking was residential treatment facilities or something but didn't want to discuss it openly yet.

I wonder if part of the increasing difficulty reaching him might have been simply because he had decided what he wanted to do and there was no point in connecting with mom anymore because he was going to kill her.

Something is just really wrong here... the whole situation leading up to the massacre.
LE said they were going to investigate the killer from the day he was born all the way up to where he shot himself.

IMO LE feels the same way- there was a disconnect somewhere...
I hope they figure it out.

I have not heard many explanations about mass killings, but I'd love to hear
this one...

I am with you on this one gngr~snap.... there is something more to this one, I personally beleive there is more to the mother-son relationship.

She goes to the restaurant/bar I have read at least 3 times a week to get salads and stays for drinks. There are quite a few quotes from drinking partners. She played a dice game with neighbours. So obviously he was left alone in this big house each time she went out at night.

She took him out of school a number of times (cant work that one out because of conflicting reports). He apparently hadnt seen his brother since 2010 and did not want anything to do with his father.

It is a massive house and only the 2 of them lived there and she wouldnt let anyone in...what was she hiding??? maybe the fact that he was living in a basement????? with no windows. I think he was hidden from the world and I am not sure it was all his own doing.

She was supposedly also a doomsday prepper, so I imagine he too would have been involved in mums paranoia, and it seems they were all obsessed with guns!!!!! and dont get me started on the video games.

I am sorry if I offend anyone but I do not think playing violent games constantly on a computer is good for anyone, especially not young males and especially especially not young males with social issues and mental illness.

How many of this mass killings have now been done by a similar type of young male...and a large percentage of them were addicted to violent computer games.

I agree, and I would say that kids and adults with an ASD diagnosis and normal language development (I mostly work with kids with a language impairment) are NOT delusional. They just lack the social skills to communicate adequately about things outside their field of interest. Not sure if this makes sense - Pens knows way more than I do.

I am VERY close to an 8 yr old boy with autism who didn't have normal language development (but those skills have improved so much with years of ST) and the most selfless dedicated mum in the world. I often wonder where he would be at now if it weren't for her advocating for him and literally going bankrupt to ensure he could continue with ST and OT and all the other things he needs.

But he most definitely has delusions! At first it freaked me out a bit coming from someone so young, and I worried that those delusions would freak out my DD's. But I've learned to just go with it now, as have my girls. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does he says it all very matter of factly which is what made it scary the first few times I witnessed it.

But most of the time he has me laughing till I cry. I love that he and my daughter are so close....going off into a bizarre but magical world of their own. Two very outside the box thinkers.

I am VERY close to an 8 yr old boy with autism who didn't have normal language development (but those skills have improved so much with years of ST) and the most selfless dedicated mum in the world. I often wonder where he would be at now if it weren't for her advocating for him and literally going bankrupt to ensure he could continue with ST and OT and all the other things he needs.

But he most definitely has delusions! At first it freaked me out a bit coming from someone so young, and I worried that those delusions would freak out my DD's. But I've learned to just go with it now, as have my girls. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does he says it all very matter of factly which is what made it scary the first few times I witnessed it.

But most of the time he has me laughing till I cry. I love that he and my daughter are so close....going off into a bizarre but magical world of their own. Two very outside the box thinkers.

They're obviously being coached by an emu. :great:

Doing some math here - because its been bugging me that they keep saying he had no connection to the school. I have heard that he did attend there - so let's do the math

The family moved there in 1998.

He was born in 1992.

So he was around 6 - 7 when they moved there.

I'm willing to bet that he did go to elementary school there. I think he went to a pricate Catholic school for middle school - not really sure. He did go to the public high school - we've heard from some of his classmates.

I've really been thinking that the connection was the school psychologist. She was working there at that time. The principal had only been there the past few years.

What if it was Mrs. Sherlach (psychologist) that was the very first to talk to mom about possible testing for him. That he looked at her and that school as the beginning of all his trouble. IDK - just thinking with my hands here....................

JMHO

I heard a reporter on CNN state that he did go to Sandy Hook in grades 1 and 3. I don't know if the reporter mentioned where that info came from.

Inside the dark, lonely world of maniac Adam Lanza
Killer lived in windowless lair playing violent video games
Surrounded by posters of weapons, he plotted massacre

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...school-massacre-adam-lanza.html#ixzz2FO6qoeSO

I thought NG said his fav game was Dance Dance revolution ? dont get all this mis information, I dont think ive ever seen a case where so many rumors were flying. I hope someday they come out with a complete picture of what happened.

IMO its all about mental illness not guns are games or parenting, the mind is a strange place for some people.

God Bless those victims

Any idea why the ME would hold the bodies an extra week? Tia

Possibly for doing some extra tests that would explain in some small way why Adam may have been susceptible for doing this, or to give the victims' families time and space to bury their dead before there is news of the killer's funeral?

Adam Lanza, 20, spent much of his time at his mom’s home alone in one of two bedrooms he used, either reading or on his computers, friends said.

“He was always home at 11,” Nancy Lanza’s friend Ellen Adriani said. “Nancy said he was a night owl. He tended to stay up and read into the morning.

“It was unusual,” Adriani noted of the morning Lanza unleashed his evil fury, for Adam “to be up that early.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/killer_data_destruction_9IwrDg2Rz9juSCvzjBiv4N

Possibly for doing some extra tests that would explain in some small way why Adam may have been susceptible for doing this, or to give the victims' families time and space to bury their dead before there is news of the killer's funeral?

IIRC, following Whitney Houston's death, it took quite some time to determine what drugs were in her system. I wonder if that has anything to do with the delay in releasing AL's body, perhaps they want to know if he was taking medications as prescribed to determine if that was a factor.

Pastor Jim Solomon told how one six-year-old girl played dead after Lanza murdered all her classmates — then ran to safety when he moved away. He said: “She ran out of the school building covered from head to toe with blood.

“The first thing she said to her mum was ‘I’m OK but all my friends are dead.’

“Somehow, by God’s grace, she was able to act as if she was dead.

“How at six-and-a-half years can you be that smart, that brave?”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...school-massacre-adam-lanza.html#ixzz2FPB1ux9o

Adam Lanza, 20, spent much of his time at his mom’s home alone in one of two bedrooms he used, either reading or on his computers, friends said.

“He was always home at 11,” Nancy Lanza’s friend Ellen Adriani said. “Nancy said he was a night owl. He tended to stay up and read into the morning.

“It was unusual,” Adriani noted of the morning Lanza unleashed his evil fury, for Adam “to be up that early.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/killer_data_destruction_9IwrDg2Rz9juSCvzjBiv4N

perhaps he was up all night, preparing.....ugh

Hero’s sis haunted by this photo

By CHUCK BENNETT
Last Updated: 4:02 AM, December 18, 2012
Posted: 12:37 AM, December 18, 2012

Her sister died a hero, but before Carlee Soto ever found that out, she herself was photographed in a now-iconic image that will haunt her forever.

Vicki Soto’s parents, little brother and two younger sisters will bury her [Vicki Soto] tomorrow.

------------

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/hero_sis_haunted_by_this_photo_f1wob5ZFk9CU4tGGF7pEVO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54