Conrad Murray trial -Day sixteen.

One of the THs on HLN called him "Chernoff the Turn-off".

Another TH said Walgren did a great job!

:floorlaugh: Now that made me chuckle. And I didn't think Cherny was laff material!

Thanks, peace! And the TH is right, he is.
icon9.gif

And Walgren did do a great job! And easy on the eyes, too!

The judge said there was a problem with witness scheduling. I think the next witness is still on the way.

IMO they haven't even begun to start working on any reasonable doubt and they are 4 witnesses into their 15.

The judge said there was a problem with witness scheduling. I think the next witness is still on the way.

I've only been able to catch snippets after the lunch break. Is the defense moving through their witnesses that fast? :waitasec:

I knew it. They are going to go after Alvarez and try to make him look like he made up the story about the bottle in the IV bag.

If they hadnt found the slit saline bag inside Murray's drug stash bag they may could go that route but it is there and I think AA will be believed. There is no way he could have known that unless he saw it for himself.

IMO

IMO they haven't even begun to start working on any reasonable doubt and they are 4 witnesses into their 15.

The younger lawyer doing the questioning seems to be precise and to the point. He doesn't seem to ask the same question 15 different ways without getting any answers.

But I agree, they haven't brought out anything that wasn't already covered in prosecutions case.

Did Walgren cross-exam Det. Martinez? I missed most of his testimony.

I think the reasonable doubt is going to be surrounding whether or not the prosecution witnesses manufactured the story about the bottle of propofol being found in the IV bag. And they may have some success. Alvarez may lose some credibility because he never said anything about it until August, IIRC. And of course there is that big problem with it never being photographed, or even written in the initial notes. Sadly, it is looking like the heart sticker on the duct tape. I am really worried that they are going to be able to creat a reasonable doubt about that part of the states theory.

Er, ocean, you're gonna need to be a little more specific! :floorlaugh:

LOL! I know I should but I feel so lousy today it is even hard for me to post anything.

You will have to find his re-cross on line of Dr. Shafer to see him start being testy and having a little condescending hissy fit. Judge Pastor got very aggravated.:floorlaugh:

Did Walgren cross-exam Det. Martinez? I missed most of his testimony.

Yes he did. On direct it was insinuate that the drawing Alvarez did was due to being able to look a the saline bag, pulse oximeter and vial of propofol. On redirect Walgren asked Det Martinez why Alvarez drew the bag. Alvarez said because he asked him to draw it. Walgren asked why. Det. Martinez said because he said the saline bag looked a little different than what he remembered seeing and Martinez asked him to draw what he remembered seeing. It was slightly different at the part where the tubing would attach (looked to me like he drew the spike in it and the bag they showed him did not have a spike in it) or that's my take on it.

So bottom line to me was on direct they tried to make it look sinister as to why Alvarez drew the bag when there was a perfectly good explanation for it.

Also pointed out on cross that bringing those 3 items of evidence to the April 2011 meeting had nothing to do with putting testimony in Alvarez's mouth (my words not theirs but impression I got that defense was trying to say) but that is not the case because as Walgren brought out on cross, AA had testified to these items in the prelim hearing in January, before their April 2011 meeting.

Bottom line for me, if I was a juror I'd be pissed at defense for trying to mislead me.

Another defense witness, Dr. Allan Metzer. Chenoff(sp) is questioning.

I think the reasonable doubt is going to be surrounding whether or not the prosecution witnesses manufactured the story about the bottle of propofol being found in the IV bag. And they may have some success. Alvarez may lose some credibility because he never said anything about it until August, IIRC. And of course there is that big problem with it never being photographed, or even written in the initial notes. Sadly, it is looking like the heart sticker on the duct tape. I am really worried that they are going to be able to creat a reasonable doubt about that part of the states theory.

It doesn't dismiss the slit saline bag found nor the ripped rubber stopper in the propofol bottle nor that it has CMs fingerprint only.

Had these things not been found then maybe but they were found and what is missing? the line and the syringes that held the versed and ativan.

I think the jury will keep their eyes on the ball and follow the law and if they do that they will find him guilty.

IMO, they are never going to think these two prosecutors would do something that could cost them their jobs. Jean has said all through the trial that the jury really is much more attentive when Walgren or Brazil are at the podium.

IMO

Is Dr White back in the court room, behind Chernoff?

It doesn't dismiss the slit saline bag found nor the ripped rubber stopper in the propofol bottle nor that it has CMs fingerprint only.

Had these things not been found then maybe but they were found and what is missing? the line and the syringes that held the versed and ativan.

I think the jury will keep their eyes on the ball and follow the law and if they do that they will find him guilty.

IMO, they are never going to think these two prosecutors would do something that could cost them their jobs. Jean has said all through the trial that the jury really is much more attentive when Walgren or Brazil are at the podium.

IMO

I agree that the jury will have to keep their eyes on the ball. So far it seems, according to Jean cesares, that they are doing just that. Thank goodness.

And I agree with you that the slit and the fingerprints point to his guilt and make the state look credible, but this is a pretty crafty DT and we have not even heard their full defense yet.So I am a bit nervous still.

The fact that Walgren isn't doing much cross indicates that that he doesn't believe that the witness has much to offer to the defense.

Dr. Metzger, the rheumatologist, shows how a professional works. HE has notes of the phone call from MJ and can state the time to the minute.

It's quite ironic how the defense relies on his and Dr. Klein's medical records! Brings up a major problem with their own client. I hope Walgren asks about the kinds of records he keeps.

Hi all I am still with you guy's been busy at work just listening.

Amity (((Hugs to you))) I am so sorry for your loss of your sister know you are in my thoughts prayers.

and.....

who in the sam hell is this Dr on the stand now his voice is going to knock me out and he sounds like he is full of caarrrppp!!!!

Hi all I am still with you guy's been busy at work just listening.

Amity (((Hugs to you))) I am so sorry for your loss of your sister know you are in my thoughts prayers.

and.....

who in the sam hell is this Dr on the stand now his voice is going to knock me out and he sounds like he is full of caarrrppp!!!!

I actually like him a lot. He talks just like he is talking to an everyday person.

IMO

Why did they even call this Doctor?:waitasec:

He gave them nothing except he shows he is an ethical doctor who would never give MJ propofol.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861
Back