GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Verdict Watch

The courtroom is being cleared ... there is a flexible 2 hour window.
May be shorter if everyone is in place.

Jane V-M:

"The crowd outside is very emotional. Smart phones out here went off all at once."

I was afraid of hung jury but an now optimistic for a guilty verdict, they either were close or had agreed on guilty on Friday but it is so high profile and has been a long trial that they decided to give themselves the weekend to think it over and come back today and reaffirm they were in agreement he is guilty,

Hi all, just found out via insessions a verdict is in...

im here, waiting..

Either way I may just cry a river. No winners here. :( :(

I try to not get overly emotional about verdicts, but my heart started pounding as I called DH to let him know that a verdict would come down within the next two hours. Methinks I need a glass of wine to calm my nerves ;)

I try to not get overly emotional about verdicts, but my heart started pounding as I called DH to let him know that a verdict would come down within the next two hours. Methinks I need a glass of wine to calm my nerves ;)

its 5 o clock some where...

jmho

Verdict to be read at 1pm Pacific time, that's 2pm Mountain, 3pm Central, 4pm Eastern.

Posting here for those who do not regularly check the other forums. Mods can delete this thread after verdict has been read.

Talking with a friend about it this morning, she has not really kept up, she watches the evening entertainment news for any info. She agreed there is no way anyone could think the doctor is not guilty. Complete reckless and foolish behaviour. We also discussed addiction, and docs that write scrips to the addicted with full knowledge. As I pointed out, those docs should not be practicing either, but at least they did not take it so far as to force the addicted to swallow, or to inject the addicted in their own bedroom. Just no way around a guilty verdict.

My only concern with the jury would be if they are unwilling to give him jail time. I don't know how they would vote on that.

Good idea.

:(

For real I may have a nervous break down lol. MJ was my saving grace growing up. Please get it right jury!!

Talking with a friend about it this morning, she has not really kept up, she watches the evening entertainment news for any info. She agreed there is no way anyone could think the doctor is not guilty. Complete reckless and foolish behaviour. We also discussed addiction, and docs that write scrips to the addicted with full knowledge. As I pointed out, those docs should not be practicing either, but at least they did not take it so far as to force the addicted to swallow, or to inject the addicted in their own bedroom. Just no way around a guilty verdict.

My only concern with the jury would be if they are unwilling to give him jail time. I don't know how they would vote on that.

I agree, I worry there will be no jail time IF there is a guilty verdict.

Either way I may just cry a river. No winners here. :( :(

I think for the family it may bring a little peace, for his children especially Paris and Prince - whose final memories of there father must haunt them - this will bring them some resolution, they will now know who and what was responsible for there fathers death

and any lingering concerns or rumours or stories they have had to listen to since he died will be resolved, if it is guilty no longer will they have to live with the allegations that there father administered the fatal dose

just being able to say we know who did it and we know why will make accepting his death and learning to live with just memories a tad easier

I agree, I worry there will be no jail time IF there is a guilty verdict.

Oh, I don't remember what the choices are for the charges. I just don't know how the jurors will feel about jail time. I think loss of medical license forever in the US would be a good start, but that may not be a choice.

If he gets jail time, he does. If not, he doesn't. I'm not worried about that. I've actually seen people get more jail time than is being asked here for accidental death in auto accidents, a.k.a. manslaughter in whichever varying degree the prosecution puts forth. Just the practicing medicine ever again, that worries me.

If guilty, will he be taken into custody?

Since we know CA jails are overcrowded - he may not get jail time but I certainly hope the Medical Boards jump on revoking his licenses immediately!!!!!

If guilty, will he be taken into custody?

Since we know CA jails are overcrowded - he may not get jail time but I certainly hope the Medical Boards jump on revoking his licenses immediately!!!!!

BBM

IDK, his attorneys may ask for time for him to get some life issues in order, or they may wait for a sentencing hearing. Guess we'll find out soon!

He really needs his medical license revoked, for good. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000
Back