Countdown to Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that Colorado law allows the name of the grand jurors to be revealed but Florida law prohibits it. However, for petit jury members, I would assume that every state requires their names to be kept secret.

This is correct, I just had to write a brief on this topic. Colorado has one of the most liberal grand jury disclosure policies. (defendants have a statutory right to disclosure) where Florida follows the more traditional, "secrecy" policy for grand juries.

I can't wait for the trial to be over so that GA and CA will go away. I'v become so disgusted with them and with Cindy's love of all the attention and media appearances - her feeling of self-importance. I can't wait for her to fade away and have to sleep in the bed she made.

I can't wait for the trial to be over so that GA and CA will go away. I'v become so disgusted with them and with Cindy's love of all the attention and media appearances - her feeling of self-importance. I can't wait for her to fade away and have to sleep in the bed she made.

:rocker:

I agree ...

I wonder if CA will just love the "attention" and the "media appearances" when the Jury convicts ICA ?

:woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo:

I hope Judge Perry keeps Richard Gabriel and Marinade Dave OUT of the courtroom. I also hope the Anthonys get ZERO special treatment. I hope and pray they keep CA and her troublemaking out of the courtroom as much as possible.

Not me. I want them to do an interview... just 1, after the trial. I want to see them FINALLY ADMIT that they only did all of this BS because Casey is still their daughter and they love her, but they know she killed Caylee.

:nevermind:

I must be dreaming again. :slap:

Well I guess tomorrow is the day we'll get the forensic evidence rulings...I hope he doesn't wait until the end of the day like he did last time!!

Well I guess tomorrow is the day we'll get the forensic evidence rulings...I hope he doesn't wait until the end of the day like he did last time!!

I am finding it somewhat amusing that HHJP has waited until the very last day that he mentioned that he would have his rulings on. And if he waits to file until 4:59, I guess that will be his "et tu" to JB! :floorlaugh:

I really agree with you tho, that I want those rulings early enough in the day that we can get them and have some interesting conversations this weekend. :)

Is this going to be a never-ending case? We have all invested so much time in it that I simply cannot imagine it actually being over!

Will Cindy, George, and Lee ever actually have a life after this? I wonder. Will they forever be on TV claiming their Casey did not have justice? Will I live long enough to see the outcome of an appeal?

Oh, my!

One thing I do know is that I will never forget little Caylee and how it all came to be all about Casey rather than Caylee.

JMO

LALaw
snipped for focus

Will I live long enough to see the outcome of an appeal?

Remember how fast and intense the Scott Peterson threads flew by? There were several posters who continued to remind us (when we were projecting case coverage in the future) that after the sentencing, SP would be become just another one of the 600 or so death-row inmates. They said that he would be forgotten by the media and the majority of the public. It was hard to believe because there were so many people just on this site that we couldn't stay logged on. But, that has all come true. There is a bare mention every 3 or 4 months of some legal filing, but nothing more.

We NEVER hear current Susan Smith news. Never hear Peterson's comments. This is great in my opinion.

There are still celebrations memorializing Laci and Conner. Maybe that is when the interest will focus on Caylee, and Casey will be a forgotten nobody.

Will we live to see the end of this case? IDK, but we will live to refocus on Caylee and leave Casey to her fate.

18 Days until jury selection! 26 Days until trial Casey!

:great::great::great::great:

LALaw
snipped for focus

quote...
Will I live long enough to see the outcome of an appeal?

<<respectful snip>>

We NEVER hear current Susan Smith news. Never hear Peterson's comments. This is great in my opinion.

There are still celebrations memorializing Laci and Conner. Maybe that is when the interest will focus on Caylee, and Casey will be a forgotten nobody.

Will we live to see the end of this case? IDK, but we will live to refocus on Caylee and leave Casey to her fate.

Exactly...and maybe if JB moves on the media circus will be over. (hmm I guess there is still CA to consider. :crazy:)

Will this trial be on TruTV? this is our court station in the Pacific Northwest.

LALaw
snipped for focus

Remember how fast and intense the Scott Peterson threads flew by? There were several posters who continued to remind us (when we were projecting case coverage in the future) that after the sentencing, SP would be become just another one of the 600 or so death-row inmates. They said that he would be forgotten by the media and the majority of the public. It was hard to believe because there were so many people just on this site that we couldn't stay logged on. But, that has all come true. There is a bare mention every 3 or 4 months of some legal filing, but nothing more.

There have been many high profile cases that people have followed, that completely disappeared into the abyss after they were solved. They may make the news periodically if the family members passed a law or started a group in memory of their slain relative, but you are never going to hear a new media report on the case until it is time for the killer to be executed if they were sentenced to Death Row. There would be nothing to talk about in the case, except the killer making comments from jail, and I would rather them not publicize that stuff.

The solved cases that will be remembered years later, are the ones where there will still be documentaries, specials, etc made about them long after the killer is sentenced. Will 48 Hours do a show about this case in 2021? What about Dateline? 20/20?

Another factor is whether the case is able to enter into sort of a "infamy/notoriety" group. Look at the Lindbergh baby, the Manson family, and serial killers like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer; there hasn't been fresh news in those cases in years yet most Americans have heard of those cases. Why? Because those cases have become so infamous, they have entered into a sort of crime lexicon for us. The cases under the "Most Infamous" mantra will always be brought back for books, specials, magazine articles, etc; and they have that "advantage" over cases that weren't able to gain the same level of notoriety.

I wish we would find out the rulings already! :sigh:

:waiting:

17 Days until jury selection! 25 Days until trial Casey!

:great::great::great::great:

RespectfullyQuoted Softail :thumb:

I changed the dates in the above post since it was from yesterday. :giggle:

The motion to keep the stain in the trunk out of the trial was :denied: :woot:

From what I remember Baez arguing regarding the stain he called it a "phantom" stain and spoke of the "eerie" outline of a child that some (slightly insulting term) were saying they saw. IIRC, he mentioned that this was happening through emails between lab techs. Oh, well...it will be allowed into the trial. Which I think is fair, both sides get to have their say regarding the stain.

Kudos to the Websleuthers(you know who you are ;) ) who worked on the "stain in the trunk" thread. :takeabow: I would not understand the significance of this motion denied if not for said thread. :bow:

:waiting: for the trial.

Jury Selection starts in 2-wks. 3 days=17 days

Opening statements start in 3-wks. 4 days=25 days

Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away:Banane09:​

Jury Selection starts in 2-wks. 3 days=17 days

Opening statements start in 3-wks. 4 days=25 days

Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away:Banane09:​

My grandaughter was born 2 months after Caylee was murdered, she is almost 3 time does fly, Justice for Caylee, Its been a long time comming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592