Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has seen all the vids. from inside the home, but will not release any info now.

A family member of the owner of the van is being questioned. They fit the description of persons on surveillance video.

Exterior shot did not yield a close-up of perps, are they saying if surveillance video was from inside the house?

Was surprised with the "repitamy" (sp?) of the crime - what does that even mean?:)

Short time span makes him think "experience."

Saying how quickly crime was done indicates experience. Quick in and out.

Ok, now I now what repitadmy means - in and out

Also, van was found in Palm Court on W and? (missed that)

Will not release anything about things taken from the house (not saying things were taken or not taken)

Still won't discuss whether anything was taken from the home.

lol, Daisy. I'll let you take over. I'm sure your hearing is much better than mine. Pressers online are the worst for me.

Will not release if the children can provide any information.

No, Suzi!!:)

I'm watching it online too, cuz my cable's out:)

Lots of info on the van called in - they id'd the van and the owners. A family member was tied to the van, someone other than the owner was using the van (son?)

No motive established yet. Van located at 1:30 today at home between 3-4 miles from crime scene.

I am just really curious about where the van was located vs. where the crime took place. Palm Court is on W Street and in a low-income area of town (not that the POIs necessarily live there unless I missed that in the PC).

I just got off the phone with a good friend who is a P'Cola native (I'm just a transplant) and she's also the publisher for a local weekly paper. I updated her on the press conference and her first question was did the Billings own any businesses in the W Street area? She and I both don't think that someone would go from W Street to Beulah for a random crime. It seems to have been targeted.

MOO.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said that phone calls from citizens led investigators to a red 15-passenger work van that was seen at the home the night of the shooting.

The van was located at about 1:30 p.m. today behind a single-wide trailer on the 300 block of Palm Court, near W Street and Beverly Parkway.

Morgan said that the discovery of the van led investigators to two “persons of interest” who are now being questioned.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090711/NEWS01/907110322/1006#pluckcomments

How stupid can these people be? Like no one is going to recognize a local 15 passenger RED van?????

To my understanding, all the kids were adopted out of the State's custody. In order to do that parental rights had to be terminated.
My hunch is that a parent who was opposed to their child's adoption is involved in this.

FYI.. I checked out Florida's adoption incentives and they received a minimum of $417 month for each child, since these were special needs children, I'm guessing that would be a LOT more plus they'd be eligible for SS disability and medicaid which would pay for any in home medical care necessary.
There's also a $10k adoption tax credit per child per year in addition to the standard deduction per child. I wonder how wealthy they were before taking in all these kids ?
I know that's beside the point and I have no reason to doubt their intentions. From what I've read, they took excellent care of these kids and the mom's My Space was full of family pics. One of the children died, and there's a pic, I think of one of their adult kids who had a tattoo with the child's name.
I might be more selfish than some, if I had the time & money I might be able to handle one or two, but twelve ? My two healthy kids wear me out.

My husband and I have adopted three children out of foster care. We receive adoption assistance as well. However you won;t get wealthy doing foster care or adoption. WHile there are some people who adopt or foster for money, most only want more children as in my husband's and my case. We tried for 10 years to have another baby, did IVF and a private adoption where we lost all that money when the bio mom changed her mind. So if they were wealthy it was due to them working, not the adoption assistance.

Also here in TN when you adopt a child, if that child recieved ss disability, once you adopt that child and start receiving adoption assistance, that SSI disability is automatically stopped. My daughter has heart surgery as an ainfant and was receiving ssi. However once we adopted her, and started getting AA, the ssi stopped. She does retain her health insurance.

I have to wonder why all the overkill of surveillance unless they had had threats in the past. I would not put it past any of the bio parents that may had lost their child to the state and adopted by this family. Most bio parents are not that stable mentally or emotionally anyway. While they rarely have the finances to order a hit on someone, it is not impossible.

Also not everyone owns a 15 person van. Most are either churches or families with a large amount of children. Perhaps another family who had adopted several children and mad because they lost a child to this couple? WHile this sounds far fetched, it would be possib;e. People have killed for less.

I just pray they find these scumbags. I feel so sorry for these poor children. My greatest fear for my three young children is if my husband and I pass away before they reach adult hood. They have already lost one set of parents, and I wuld hate for the to lose us as well. As in the case of these children, they will have now a third set of parents in their short lives. No child should go through that.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said that phone calls from citizens led investigators to a red 15-passenger work van that was seen at the home the night of the shooting.

The van was located at about 1:30 p.m. today behind a single-wide trailer on the 300 block of Palm Court, near W Street and Beverly Parkway.

Morgan said that the discovery of the van led investigators to two “persons of interest” who are now being questioned.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090711/NEWS01/907110322/1006#pluckcomments

How stupid can these people be? Like no one is going to recognize a local 15 passenger RED van?????

ITA about the van. The guys might as well have left their name and number at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018