GUILTY CT - Benjamin Seitz, 15 mos, dies in hot car, Ridgefield, 7 July 2014

I am saying this with zero snark, but why is the death of this child not receiving the same outrage and attention of the little boy who died in Georgia?

Please don't throw tomatoes, I'm honestly curious.

Cooper’s case is probably the reason why Ben's case isn’t getting as much attention. His case did not blow up in the media until after the hearing, and we found out more sensational details. His case also showed that unless there is more to the story, and the developments keep coming, the circus does not last long. Perhaps the media thinks that the public is not going to be as interested in the new hot car death case, when they were just heavily covering one a couple of months ago. Maybe the shock from hearing that a parent could kill their child in this manner has worn off for many.

Now if Cooper’s case was still a big story today, and hot car deaths were the big story of the summer, then I could see this case getting more attention. Also, back in early July, there was not much happening in the news (consider that CNN was able to block four hours of airtime for a bond hearing) but since then, there has been so many volatile events happening around the world. Even new developments in Cooper's case are not getting as much attention.

I'd like to know what is going on with this, why no charges have been brought up, why some articles allude to the fact that he may not have been the biological father, etc etc etc. There are far too many questions, and the mother campaigning on the Today show, CNN, and in Time magazine only deepens my suspicions of this family.

OMG I am so sick of first world problems..."oh I just forgot my child in a car" gtfo with that! Sorry! It just makes me SOOO ANGRY! I just can't even fathom how you can forget your child! Especially if you are running late to be honest, because I know when I am running behind(which is basically always) I run through a checklist of the quickest way to gather everything when I get out of the car...i.e. "Grab purse, run to back, pop open stroller, hook purse to stroller, grab baby" it's literally what goes through my mind!

I have left my dog in the car, with it remote started, so ac is still on, when I have ran into the dry cleaners, but never turned off and it's literally for a period of 3-5 minutes top! I also have a friend who takes their dog everywhere, and they leave it running with the keys in it and use those number things on the door to open and unlock it. They won't upgrade their car because they like being able to do this.

ETA: I always have told my friend how dangerous even that is because what if the car overheated or something and cut off, now they have some type of temperature monitor thing that is for a kids room.

New thought...I wonder if the reason why the media is not covering Ben's case is because it hurts the narrative that parents killing their children intentionally by leaving them in a hot car is extraordinarily rare, that they have going in Cooper's case? Tell people about two cases, and they will start wondering if there are more.

yes.................
Mmmhm. And stands by her man. And, if I remember correctly, small, well-to-do town that closed ranks pretty quickly and no one had anything to say really.

Poor little man. There won't be any justice or even investigation for this baby.

Just seeing this case for the first time. So reminiscent of the case in Georgia. I glanced at the blog. UGH! Talking about Halloween and almost breaking something....? So self-serving. Infuriating.

Something is up with this case.

Belimom…this case has bothered me too. The local news this morning gave insight, IMO, as to why charges were finally filed. The family sold their home and were moving out West to start over according to an interview with a neighbor. Dad is due in Danbury court this morning.

Benjamin's death was ruled a homicide with the cause of death being "hyperthermia due to environmental exposure."

Neighbor John said he has known the family for four years and said on Tuesday the family moved out and are looking to start a new life.

"He looked sad that they were moving, they sold the house. He said we'll have new neighbors," John said.

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/27357489/ridgefield-father-arrested-following-babys-death#ixzz3Ir9sjC00

http://www.courant.com/community/ri...dad-court-appearance-1113-20141112-story.html

A Ridgefield father charged with the death of his son who was left in a hot car in July was ordered by a judge Wednesday to not have unsupervised contact with his other two children.

Kyle Seitz, 36, was arraigned Wednesday on a charge of criminally negligent homicide after the death of his 15-month-old son, Benjamin, on July 7.

Seitz was released on a promise to appear in court on Nov. 21. A judge also ordered that he not leave the state.

Seitz's attorney, John Gulash, said that Benjamin's mother has moved the other two children out of the state in order to avoid all the attention.

http://www.courant.com/community/ri...dad-court-appearance-1113-20141112-story.html

A Ridgefield father charged with the death of his son who was left in a hot car in July was ordered by a judge Wednesday to not have unsupervised contact with his other two children.

Kyle Seitz, 36, was arraigned Wednesday on a charge of criminally negligent homicide after the death of his 15-month-old son, Benjamin, on July 7.

Seitz was released on a promise to appear in court on Nov. 21. A judge also ordered that he not leave the state.

Seitz's attorney, John Gulash, said that Benjamin's mother has moved the other two children out of the state in order to avoid all the attention.

Ubm....interesting....think momma knew what was coming for a while now...MOO

much details about the hearing yesterday. He also went out to lunch with this poor child in the car. Wife and daughters stop by for lunch…so family is allegedly home that day but Ben is sent to daycare? How do you not hear, smell or see anything?

The warrant indicates that after preparing his son for day care and putting him in a car seat, Seitz stopped to get coffee and failed to drop off the infant before going to work. Later, Seitz drove in his car for lunch and returned to work, then in the late afternoon drove to the day care center to pick up his son, all before discovering the child was still in the vehicle, the warrant says.

…

Seitz, according to his statement, left his office about 12:30 p.m. when his wife and two daughters dropped by for a surprise visit. They wanted him to go to lunch with them, but he said he was too busy and returned to work. About 45 minutes later, Kyle Seitz said in his statement, he got into the Jeep and drove to a Jersey Mike's to get a sandwich, then returned to the office.

http://www.courant.com/community/ri...rt-appearance-1113-20141112-story.html#page=1

According to the GPS in his car, per the above article, it took him 20 minutes to drive Ben from the day care to the hospital. 20 minutes!

From the Courant article above:

Sedensky expressed concern that Seitz's wife, Lindsey Rogers-Seitz, and two children have moved out of state. They did so, he said, without informing the state Department of Children and Families or the guardian representing the children in another judicial proceeding.

He also said that the case is classified as family violence and that a protective order was appropriate.

The attorneys and judge also referred to an alternative judicial proceeding, but did not provide specifics, though they said it involved DCF. Shaban told Sedensky that the alternative proceeding would be the proper place to raise his concerns about where the children are now living.

This is a bit confusing. Is the case of family violence a separate thing from the death of the poor baby? If so, why were the children left in his company for these months? I suppose all will be revealed eventually.

After reading the PDF attached to this story, I came away with some odd thoughts. Kyle didn't remember his son, but he sure did remember his coffee and his lunch. His parents-in-law declined to talk to police, as did the baby's mother, although she did come for an interview 2 months later. And I found it notable that he saw his wife and daughters at his office, but no one mentioned the baby, his wife saw his car at the coffee shop and unfortunately didn't catch a glimpse of the baby inside (she returned later for coffee after dropping the girls off). Also, when she had to go down to the police station, why didn't she call her parents to care for the girls?

I hate this story because it's so tragic, and nothing adds up.

http://www.courant.com/community/ri...ng-sons-hot-car-death-20141113-htmlstory.html

All four windows of the car were rolled down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back