CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

This was someone local (however briefly; or lifetime resident). I believe Janice's sister alluded to this. Knowing the likely perpetrator, and having the means to apprehend that person, are two very separate things. Known murderers routinely go unapprehended for years until there is evidence that will be useful to the prosectuor. There IS the possibility of her DNA being found within the perpetrator's vehicle/home/business etc. but w/o a warrant (then or now) that is not guaranteed. As previous posters have mentioned, it's likely this is not the only criminal act for this person, making it more likely Janice's abductor is already incarcerated.

Anyone else listening to the podcast, Paper Ghosts? It focuses on four girls that went missing in the 1970's, including Janice Pockett. The others are Lisa Joy White, Deborah Lee Spickler, and Susan LaRosa, whose murder is unsolved.

About This Show
Four separate cases, four young girls. All of whom go missing in the early to mid-1970s, all within miles from one another in neighboring New England towns. And not one arrest has been made in over 50 years. In Paper Ghosts, investigative journalist and true crime author M. William Phelps’ decade-long search for answers is reignited when a call reveals new information that sets the investigation in motion, uncovering never-made-public documents and bringing forth new witnesses and suspects.

Paper Ghosts

Anyone else listening to the podcast, Paper Ghosts? It focuses on four girls that went missing in the 1970's, including Janice Pockett. The others are Lisa Joy White, Deborah Lee Spickler, and Susan LaRosa, whose murder is unsolved.

Paper Ghosts
No but thanks for sharing, will check it out

Paper Ghosts
Yes. It got me interested in this case. I’m a long time member of Websleuths, but haven’t posted in years.

Paper Ghosts
Listening now. Wow. A lot of things I never heard about these cases.

Paper Ghosts

I am! Just came across it a few days ago. Very interesting so far! I was unaware of these cases as I mostly follow current ones.

Paper Ghosts
Started listening after you posted here. What a fascinating podcast! Really gives a sense of the crimes that took place and it seems like the guy making it has some proper investigative skills. I really hope he makes progress on the cases.

Started listening after you posted here. What a fascinating podcast! Really gives a sense of the crimes that took place and it seems like the guy making it has some proper investigative skills. I really hope he makes progress on the cases.
I completely agree. I appreciate his professional tone as well. Some true crime podcast hosts just sound like gossiping teenagers, which really grates on my nerves. The only thing I don’t like about Paper Ghosts is having to wait so long for a new episode. :)

I completely agree. I appreciate his professional tone as well. Some true crime podcast hosts just sound like gossiping teenagers, which really grates on my nerves. The only thing I don’t like about Paper Ghosts is having to wait so long for a new episode. :)
Just listened to the latest episode and am impressed at how much he’s uncovering!

rbbm.
Fugitive Files: Vernon Police look for new information into the missing person case of Lisa Joy White
''Vernon Police Lieutenant William Meier has lived this case his while 19 years on the force, even working with a special cold case task force that attempted to link White’s disappearance in 1974 with the disappearances of 7-year-old Janice Pockett in Tolland in 1973 and 13-year-old Debbie Spickler in 1968.''

Started thread..
CT - Lisa Joy White, 13, Vernon, 1 November 1974 *Fresh incentive*

Gray Hughes Investigates touches on the same coincidences the podcast you all mention above. He starts talking about this case at his time stamp 8:00pm. (Maybe 1-1/2 hour into the program)

I’m not sure if Gray knows about the podcast and I’m certainly not going to bring it to his attention.

if anyone wants to help me please let me know ive been collecting info on her case lots of info from what ive been reading and info from a friend of mine who can see things like a psyhic
IMO Robert and Nathan Larosa are good suspects for her disappearance, Robert especially is suspected of a number of disappearances in the area

shorty

Thank you for making me feel welcome. I thought about it for a long time before deciding to post here.
What kind of information would be helpful? I have been in contact with the detective in carge of my sister's case, but not too recently. I'm not sure if he is still assigned to her case.
I know Bar Jonah is still a possible suspect, and that police (and FBI) want to eventually talk with him, but that may be awhile, until his legal issues are settled in Montana. I believe he wasn't yet 16 at the time of Janice's disappearance, but was known to drive around in a relative's car.
I also know that Charles Pierce was ruled out as a suspect despite his confession. I guess he just didn't know enough about Janice, and he had a history of making false confessions. I still wonder about him though. I believe he was was an acquaintance of someone named Wayne W. Chapman, who is in prison now I think for molesting boys in Massachussetts. I think he was possibly connected to Andy Puglisi (?).
What other info would be helpful?
Bar-Jonah, Chapman and Pierce were associated with one another outside of Bridgewater hospital, it’s suspected that they helped each other and are suspected of a number of disappearances in the northeast. Unfortunately law enforcement wouldn’t find any of this out until after Bar-Jonah’s arrest, Great Falls police found correspondence between the three even though Bar-Jonah and Chapman denied knowing one another.

this was a post from many years ago and I can't recall the psychic I was in contact with. I pray that answers come for her family soon this year

this was a post from many years ago and I can't recall the psychic I was in contact with. I pray that answers come for her family soon this year[/QUOTE

There is an interview that David McGrath does with a former detective named Michael Bouchard, Detective Bouchard says flat out he knows that Robert Larosa is responsible for Janice’s disappearance I think it had something to do with the type of car Larosa drove. It was one an old ambulance van and it had been seen in the area where Janice disappeared from for a few days prior to her disappearance, Detective Bouchard also said that Charles Pierce is full of *advertiser censored* he says that Charles lied to police to get out of his cell for a little while, and this would be around the time that Pierce was sent to Walpole from Bridgewater. Another thing to consider about Charles Pierce is that he was in prison in Florida when he confessed to killing Mechelle Wilson in Massachusetts, his reasoning for doing this is simple he was serving time for molesting two boys in Florida and in Florida at the time child molesters were put into gen-pop and Pierce was afraid. As for Bar-Jonah being responsible for Janice it’s possible and truth be told when Janice disappeared Bar-Jonah had already been arrested for kidnapping, the police that arrested Bar-Jonah had decided that because of the circumstances Bar-Jonah had probably done this before. Bar-Jonah was also suspect in the murder of Kathleen Terry one of the officers stated that Bar-Jonah had just brought up Kathleen’s murder for no apparent reason, and he also seemed to have information about the case that was not released to the public.

Missing in Connecticut

• Janice K. Pockett of Tolland – Last seen July 26, 1973 at 7 years old
    • Janice left her home by bicycle during the afternoon and was never seen again. Her bike was found nearby on Rhodes Road adjacent to a wooded area. Below is an age-progressed photo of Janice at 39 years old.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-27 105411.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-27 105411.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 1
what about going to the media with this info and saying hey i was almost abducted years ago and no one will take my story seriously. you could go down to the police station and demand someone take a look at your story. don't give up any chance you have a link to the photos of the man i was sent stuff back in the mid 200s on some suspects or people in the area there is this man if you want to pm me i can give you his name he was questioned in janice's case but lawyered up and le could no longer question him. and there were a few other men and photos from news paper clippings i no longer have those files as i no longer have access to the email they were sent to and the computer i had them downloaded to is long gone
Hi Smiles.
Is there any chance you still have that suspect info and possibly share it with me. Thank you
Unsolvedcoldcasefiles@gmail.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back