GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

the afternnon was mostly taken up with LE explaining why they did not go into the house straight away and what they did that day,

and testimony about how Hayes and Komisarjevsky fled the property

I guess firefighter witness testifying to the photos of the inside of the home and photos of the bodies. Defense objects to showing the photos to the jury, but the objection is over-ruled. I can't imagine how horrible those photos must be. Especially when you compare them to photos of the happy family before.

I am following #NotesfromHel, also #AlaineGriffin, both providing up to the minute trial coverage....

NotesFromHeL Helen Ubinas
"Jurors seem to look at this photo a little longer. Could be because body was so badly burned, it was unrecognizable. #Komis"

From Twitter:

NotesFromHeL Helen Ubinas
"Like many reporters here, I saw crime scene photos during #Hayes trial. All awful. Will never forget one of 11-year-old Michaela. #Komis"
7 minutes ago

I remember from the first trial the discussion that the photo of Michaela was particularly horrible. But I dont rmemeber why.

I remember from the first trial the discussion that the photo of Michaela was particularly horrible. But I dont rmemeber why.

:twocents: Michaela was tied, arms over her head and had twisted, her lower torso was hanging off the edge of the bed. The indication to all observers was that she had struggled significantly. Saving grace (if there is one) death by smoke inhalation, although there was extensive burns/damage to her corpse.:maddening::banghead::maddening:

I think Donavan needs to be wearing a clown suit for his performance. I cannot stand it when the defense tries to make the victim seem like they cannot remember what happened. I am pretty sure that this is something Dr. Petit will unfortunately never forget.

So jury just heard JK in his recorded statement to police admit that he performed oral sex on Michaela. I don't know that. This must be unbearable for the family to hear. This was apparantly when Hayes had taken Mrs Petit to the bank.

The judge wraps up testimony for the day on that. That is great time managament and planning by the prosecution to time that so the jury will have those statements, in JK's own words, about the sexual assualt of the girl, on their minds all night.

the judge may release the transcript of Komisarjevsky interview, there is some information about innocent individuals that needs redacting,

Helen Ubinas seems pretty miffed by prior statement by Donovan about there not being a sexual assault and now hearing this statement by Komisarjevsky. I can't remember exactly what Donovan said on the court house steps last year. Does anyone have that?

Wow, Helen Ubinas tweets that according to a family friend, the Petit family maybe didnt know that detail about the sexual assault! Good God, how is that possible? I would have assumed the prosecutor would have told them. But perhaps they had told Dr. Petit and he never shared it with the rest of the family.

Helen Ubinas seems pretty miffed by prior statement by Donovan about there not being a sexual assault and now hearing this statement by Komisarjevsky. I can't remember exactly what Donovan said on the court house steps last year. Does anyone have that?

It's confusing. What I get out of this is that Donovan in his presser spelled out the 'sexual assault' as sodomy.
http://articles.courant.com/2010-09...eshire-home-jennifer-hawke-petit-steven-hayes

At Donovan's contempt of court hearing, he told the Judge,"...Komisarjevsky has remained adamant that he never sexually assaulted Michaela Petit,..."

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/cheshire/article_869d150e-e178-11df-95ee-001cc4c002e0.html

So having heard Komisarjevsky's statement today, there was in fact a sexual assault. Did Donovan not have his client's statement at the time of his presser? Or was he just playing games.

Sounds like he didn't and he took Komisarjevsky at his word. Question then would be, did Komisarjevsky lie to his lawyer or not remember what he said to LE.

Bless the hearts of the family. This is the 2nd time around to be tortured by the trials of these vicious killers.

incorrect terminology being used by the perp, makes it sound less awful than it really was...NO, he did not perform oral sex on her, rather it sounds as if the monster sodomized her in that part of her body.....
perhaps in his twisted mind, if there was no genital rape, it was not as bad, but this is just as bad, if not worse...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhereIsRuthClerveau
Back