Found Deceased CT - Jessica Edwards, 30, South Windsor, 9 May 2021 *husband arrested*

several articles including an interview with her sister and one with her mother shared that he had the baby in his care.
I remember reading one article that stated one of his reasons for not searching was because he was watching the baby.
Also recall the mother crying and saying she wanted to see her grandson, etc...
he handed the baby to the sister when she confronted him at the home that night and dipped. its in the police report. he must have picked the baby up at a subsequent time.

he handed the baby to the sister when she confronted him at the home that night and dipped. its in the police report. he must have picked the baby up at a subsequent time.
Right, and I think his plan was to dump the body with the baby in the car while he did it, and then return home But her family showed up so he rushed outta there, handing the baby off before he took off.

What a horrible scene.

jmo

several articles including an interview with her sister and one with her mother shared that he had the baby in his care.
I remember reading one article that stated one of his reasons for not searching was because he was watching the baby.
Also recall the mother crying and saying she wanted to see her grandson, etc...
He had the baby when he killed her and for the day when he just left her body on the floor, but when the family showed up looking for her, he gave them the baby to go dispose of the body and report her missing. After that he had the baby again (presumably the next day since he returned to try and find her body later around 2-3am) and basically said he couldn't search since he didn't have childcare.

So gross. MOO.

Kinda surprised he even got the baby back, I would risk a kidnapping charge if it meant a murderer wouldn’t have access to the baby! Jmo. So glad the baby is safe and with loved ones, the family seems extremely strong and loving.
RIP beautiful Jessica :(

Attachments

• 3D37071D-1941-4D29-8C5B-91AC918AEFD0.jpeg
    3D37071D-1941-4D29-8C5B-91AC918AEFD0.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 18
This is just so senseless. I am just glad he did not harm his son, as often happens in cases like this.

My own theory is simple: TH got in way over his head in this relationship (he is just 22) and was fully unprepared for a relationship with a successful, independent Jessica and life as a father with responsibilities. But instead of just walking away from he relationship, he turned to DV and eventually murder. Sickening.

Husband Arrested After Missing Mom Found Dead In Woods | Oxygen Official Site

Hutchinson, who cooperated with authorities from the investigation’s early stages, was considered a suspect after detectives determined his statements were “deceptive” and “deceitful,” the arrest affidavit alleged.

Early on we were fortunate...Mr. Hutchinson made himself available to us for interviews and consent searches and regular contact, so we could start to get an idea what he was about and hold him to his statements,” Cleverdon said.

The couple’s 7-month-old son was in the home at the time of the incident. After allegedly killing his wife, Hutchinson is believed to have left Edwards on the floor and tended to their child. He is believed to have later loaded her body into his Jeep, dragged the corpse into a wooded area, then reported her as missing at a police station in East Hartford.

Police haven’t released a motive but suspect Edwards’ murder was fueled by domestic violence and a tense divorce.

Family also confirmed the couple had been fighting in the days leading up to Edwards’ disappearance.

Hutchinson may face upgraded murder charges, officials said. The FBI and state investigators also assisted on the case.

I wonder why exactly he went back to the woods in the middle of the night when he couldn’t find her. Was he thinking of moving her deeper into the woods or covering her body more completely?

With so much blood evidence I am confused why it was just asphyxiation.. I think they’ll end up charging him with more than manslaughter as she seems to have more than one type of injury which might point to extra intention and premed.
@Dre I have the same questions.

I read in the report that he went back to the location he dumped her body. He attempted to find her using the flashlight from his cellphone but his battery was only at 5% so he stopped looking and left. Why he went back? Who knows. I think possibly to attempt to conceal her body better.

I’m curious about the blood found on various items. LE states the test results have not come back but they believe it to be Jessica’s blood. Was this the result of being hit or from being knocked down and held?

This is just so senseless. I am just glad he did not harm his son, as often happens in cases like this.

My own theory is simple: TH got in way over his head in this relationship (he is just 22) and was fully unprepared for a relationship with a successful, independent Jessica and life as a father with responsibilities. But instead of just walking away from he relationship, he turned to DV and eventually murder. Sickening.
They say a fully developed brain doesn't happen until about 25. The frontal cortex I believe is last to develop which controls emotion. (If I remember correctly). I have a feeling this will be a part of the defense. Could be wrong. When I was 30, I could never have imagined dating a 22 year old. To me that would be weird. I am not judging. Because it's common for a 30 year old man to date a 22 year old women. Why that's different I don't know. You are right. No "immature" 22 year old is ready for that responsibility. I sense she was moving on.

They say a fully developed brain doesn't happen until about 25. The frontal cortex I believe is last to develop which controls emotion. (If I remember correctly). I have a feeling this will be a part of the defense. Could be wrong. When I was 30, I could never have imagined dating a 22 year old. To me that would be weird. I am not judging. Because it's common for a 30 year old man to date a 22 year old women. Why that's different I don't know. You are right. No "immature" 22 year old is ready for that responsibility. I sense she was moving on.

Just to be clear - I think this is part of his motivation. I don’t think it remotely excuses his behavior (nor am I suggesting that you are saying it does).

You’re immature, lash out and leave your wife and kid because its all just too much? Ok, you’re a jerk.

You’re immature, lash out and suffocate your wife, leave her on the floor for a day while her son is nearby, dump her body and make up BS stories when her family looks for her? Ok, you’re a monster.

Just to be clear - I think this is part of his motivation. I don’t think it remotely excuses his behavior (nor am I suggesting that you are saying it does).

You’re immature, lash out and leave your wife and kid because its all just too much? Ok, you’re a jerk.

You’re immature, lash out and suffocate your wife, leave her on the floor for a day while her son is nearby, dump her body and make up BS stories when her family looks for her? Ok, you’re a monster.
This is one reason I think they will stick with manslaughter rather than murder. The jury will likely see that he was in over his head and the murder was a result of a physical argument that got out of hand - defense could even say he was trying to subdue her, not hurt her. I think he might find sympathy in that regard, tbh, and a jury might agree to manslaughter but not go as far as murder.

I think 22yo men can certainly handle the responsibilities! (Yes, I know about frontal cortex.) She had a family who was a support system - everything was certainly not on his shoulders alone. But instead of manning up to his obligatations and creating a good life with his situation, he felt resentful, imo, and he undermined the relationship. And that resentment ate at him, I would guess, and maybe even egged on by others in his life telling him what a bum deal he got at his age (drop those kind of people, imo).

Now that I see his wife posted about narcists, I can see how that could play a role too. He was going to hold her back and he literally did just that. :(

If he wanted a nice life, he had the ingredients for one right in front of him! His immaturity and, imo, modern society's emphasis on "having fun when young" played a big role. You can have fun with a family - a different kind of fun, but just as nice if not nicer than a bachelor life.

Well, he's a bachelor now. Have fun.

jmo

Connecticut man confesses to killing wife, Jessica Edwards, after body found in park

Additional link

Edwards' family and Hutchinson both reported her missing to the police on May 10, but investigators were suspicious of her husband almost from the start. They took notice of how seemingly unemotional he was about his wife's disappearance and the fact that he didn't tell his own parents she was missing, according to an arrest affidavit.

He never asked for updates on his wife's disappearance and instead focused a conversation with officers on airsoft rifles. He also said scratches on his face were from putting new brake pads on his truck yet the truck didn't appear to have ever been worked on.

I'll start by saying I know very little about criminal law. I'll also say that I made bad decisions decades ago that I will now blame on a slowly developing frontal lobe. Anyways, he apparently hid the body and deceived investigators and others by impersonating her by "calling out" (I never understood that term) from school. I would think those two factors show his state of mind Sunday night and Monday morning as to what his intentions really were as he allegedly kneeled on her back and neck.

Per arrest warrant, he stated that he blocked JE on his phone. I wonder if he’ll go for the self-defense angle...she kept calling/texting, he blocks her, she comes home and throws a laptop at his head and grabs a knife. LE here seems to be pretty good about verifying stuff like car repairs and baby monitor, so I’d imagine they’re looking for damaged laptops, etc. I can see him painting her as a dramatic, aggressive person, IMO. Fortunately, this guy just seems....so stupid. Barefoot in an interview?! Chatting about CT’s gun laws when his wife is missing?!

Per arrest warrant, he stated that he blocked JE on his phone. I wonder if he’ll go for the self-defense angle...she kept calling/texting, he blocks her, she comes home and throws a laptop at his head and grabs a knife. LE here seems to be pretty good about verifying stuff like car repairs and baby monitor, so I’d imagine they’re looking for damaged laptops, etc. I can see him painting her as a dramatic, aggressive person, IMO. Fortunately, this guy just seems....so stupid. Barefoot in an interview?! Chatting about CT’s gun laws when his wife is missing?!
BBM
Wouldn’t the laptop have some damage if it was thrown at someone’s head? The police looked at the laptop to look have TJ look at her bank records. They didn’t mention any damage. Just another one of his lies I guess.
I’m glad the baby is with her family. I hope the guinea pigs found a home as well.

BBM
Wouldn’t the laptop have some damage if it was thrown at someone’s head? The police looked at the laptop to look have TJ look at her bank records. They didn’t mention any damage. Just another one of his lies I guess.
I’m glad the baby is with her family. I hope the guinea pigs found a home as well.

I forgot about laptop/bank account. Could be more than one laptop though. Seems like the baby is in good hands!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back