GUILTY CT - John Regan for kidnapping, rape, Waterbury, 2004

Moe said:
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/your_news/saratoga/?SecID=231&ArID=159397

They found another, holy crap! This really could be a serial rapist.

Wow! 1981!!!! Now, if the MSM will just keep this guy's picture out there, more are going to come forward, if they're still alive.

Very smart of that LE to form a task force just for John Regan. IMO, we'll be hearin' from 'em. ;)

JMHO
fran

PS. Here's more detail on the 1981 incident.

http://www.poststar.com/story.asp?storyid=2171
snip...................
For the same reason, officials in Waterbury said he will also be charged with kidnapping in connection with the 1981 case. Waterbury Superior Court Judge Frank Iannotti signed an arrest warrant for Regan on Thursday.

The 50-year-old woman recently came forward after learning police sought information about Regan's past. She told police Regan drove her to an alley and tried to force her to perform a sex act on him at a Memorial Day picnic in 1981.

Police said she never reported the incident because she was embarrassed. They said she felt guilty that she didn't come forward earlier because that might have helped some of Regan's alleged victims.
.................more at link................

I've been reading the news articles about this guy. It seems he had worked for ABC since 1997. He was fired when the co-worker accused him of sexual assault. He was a branch manager or whatever of the roofing and siding company. He has ties to several eastern states, ..........but the parent company he worked for was in Wisconsin. So,.........if you start looking at all the states in between Ct and Wisconsin, and broaden the length to 1981 to present, WOW!!! is all I gotta say.

He was in Saratoga,NY when he alledgedly attempted to abduct the high school student, because he was working on his parent's home there.

LE originally was looking at him back to 1988. With this new allegation from 1981, bet they expand their search, time-wise.

His family is devastated by this. They're a good chruch (Catholic) going family and this has stunned them. Prior to the release of the dna evidence from the 1993 case, his family thought he was innocent. I wonder if they're so sure now. These types of things have such far reaching effects.

His grandfather was a high school principal for almost 25 years with an elementary school named after him. His dad is a retired dentist. One of his brothers is a doctor and the other a lawyer. John was a roofer. Wonder if some of the reason this transpired is he felt inadequate compared to the accomplishments of others in his family? IF he's guilty of crimes all the way back to 1981 and this is the first time he's been caught, he must have a good mind. Just too bad he used it for the wrong thing.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
I've been reading the news articles about this guy. It seems he had worked for ABC since 1997. He was fired when the co-worker accused him of sexual assault. He was a branch manager or whatever of the roofing and siding company. He has ties to several eastern states, ..........but the parent company he worked for was in Wisconsin. So,.........if you start looking at all the states in between Ct and Wisconsin, and broaden the length to 1981 to present, WOW!!! is all I gotta say.

He was in Saratoga,NY when he alledgedly attempted to abduct the high school student, because he was working on his parent's home there.

LE originally was looking at him back to 1988. With this new allegation from 1981, bet they expand their search, time-wise.

His family is devastated by this. They're a good chruch (Catholic) going family and this has stunned them. Prior to the release of the dna evidence from the 1993 case, his family thought he was innocent. I wonder if they're so sure now. These types of things have such far reaching effects.

His grandfather was a high school principal for almost 25 years with an elementary school named after him. His dad is a retired dentist. One of his brothers is a doctor and the other a lawyer. John was a roofer. Wonder if some of the reason this transpired is he felt inadequate compared to the accomplishments of others in his family? IF he's guilty of crimes all the way back to 1981 and this is the first time he's been caught, he must have a good mind. Just too bad he used it for the wrong thing.

JMHO
fran
Maybe he went for women who were a challenge because he did feel inadequate. Hence, the athletic type of women or the women in well-to-do positions because he felt inferior and wanted women to fight him. He was used to being dominated?

Maybe being Catholic has something to do with it, too.
Maybe the Catholic upbringing taught him sex was wrong so he only did it when he had urges and then felt guilty?

Lots of possibilities.

Could me a BTK type?

Could be a Mark Hacking type who wasn't as successful as his brothers and sisters.

PrayersForMaura said:
Could be a Mark Hacking type who wasn't as successful as his brothers and sisters.

Actually, I thought of Mark Hacking as I was researching him and writing my post. It's not that he didn't have the brain his siblings had, he just used it for the wrong thing.

Plus, those urges..........he's pleading 'innocent' to a sexual assault and is out on bond and goes out again to do it!

I'll tell ya', him in that van with the side sliding door,........I've told my girls for years, and I practice it too, at night in a parking lot, I never, never, never park next to a van. :(

JMHO
fran

Gee Fran, I never thought of that - never parking next to a van in a parking lot! I'll follow that advice from now on.

I think you are right about this guy in relation to his successful siblings. Rape is about power not sex. Sex is just an easy way to demean and power over a female. This power is what he needed to feel on par with his sibs as he didn't have power from employment. When he was unemployed he had even less feeling of power about himself. I bet he was a buzzin' around looking for his kind of victim a lot of the time! E Gads.

Hey, in fact if we knew when those periods were when he was unemployed, we could look for victims in the states and cities where he was known to be at those times. That would be an awsome task though with our limited computer capabilities. I hope that's what LE is doing now.

I've seen enough shows about females being raped on Law & Order, that I know a lot of these gals will not come forward at all for fear of the exposure, feeling like it was their fault, etc. They were lucky this one gal called in.

What I say is seriously, they should :croc: . Take him down to Florida for a weekend and let him get the bajeebeez scared out of him! Let him know what power really is. LOL

Scandi

Moe said:
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/your_news/saratoga/?SecID=231&ArID=159397

They found another, holy crap! This really could be a serial rapist.

The woman tells her story:

A 50-year-old woman has come forward with new allegations against John Regan, claiming he sexually assaulted her nearly 24 years ago.

The woman, whom the Republican-American is not identifying, told police Regan trapped her in his truck and assaulted her on Memorial Day 1981. The woman told police she disclosed her allegation recently after learning that police sought information about Regan's past because of his recent arrests.

On Thursday, Waterbury Superior Court Judge Frank Iannotti signed an arrest warrant charging Regan with first-degree kidnapping as a result of the woman's allegations. Police could not seek a warrant charging Regan with sexual assault because the statute of limitations had expired.

In the 1981 case, the woman told police she and a friend attended a Memorial Day cookout in the Columbia Boulevard area.

The woman said Regan, who was 24 at the time, also attended. She said she had never met Regan before that day, but knew who he was. Their fathers had grown up together and Regan's father, Frank G. "Scoop" Regan Jr., was her dentist.

"Based on all the evidence we have, it's not surprising to me another victim has come forward," said Waterbury Police Superintendent Neil O'Leary. "This is another example of stereotypical behavior of a sexual predator."
http://www.rep-am.com/story.php?id=31069

What amazes me about Regan, is that many of his attacks were against people he knew in one way or another. Yet he wasn't prosecuted for the crimes because either the women didn't make a report, or LE never came up with the evidence to connect him to the crime until now. Or in the one case, they just wouldn't believe there was a crime.

mysteriew said:
What amazes me about Regan, is that many of his attacks were against people he knew in one way or another. Yet he wasn't prosecuted for the crimes because either the women didn't make a report, or LE never came up with the evidence to connect him to the crime until now. Or in the one case, they just wouldn't believe there was a crime.
My thoughts exactly.I wonder how long the list will be :banghead: .I also wonder if he has crossed the line and murdered any poor woman that recognised him.:( These type of men are so clever ,they act so normal and have a loving family ,they go to work ,they go to church , they have a nice home .The only way LE can get them is if they make a mistake because they look so ordinary.His family must be going through hell too .

From November 2006:

http://www.waterburyobserver.org/node/191

With the help of a perfect DNA match the rapist's mask had been torn off and his identity had left Rachael, and Waterbury, stunned. One of her husband's good friends, John Regan, was the monster who broke into her home and sexually assaulted her. It was the first night her husband Bob had been away from home in 12 years, and Regan knew that...

Regan pled guilty to three charges, including kidnapping, stalking and unlawful restraint - all under the Alford Doctrine - which allowed him to plead guilty while not agreeing to the charges. Regan understood the state had enough evidence to convict him on all three charges...

Regan received a 12-year sentence in New York state for his attempted kidnapping in Saratoga Springs. His 15-year sentence in Connecticut has come under sharp criticism because it is to run concurrently, which means, when it's all said and done, Regan would only serve an additional three years in prison for sexually assaulting Rachael, and assaulting and stalking his former co-worker.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back