CT CT - Lisa Joy White, 13, Vernon, 1 Nov 1974

Lisa has been missing for 40 years today.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2559/
Status Missing
First name MRYTLE
Middle name LEE JUNE
Last name WILLIAMS
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen November 01, 1978 00:00
Date entered 08/30/2011
Age last seen 38 to 38 years old
Age now 74 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 66.0
Weight (pounds) 140.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
3616.jpg

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-tolland-missing-girls-0415-20160414-story.html

A task force formed more than a year ago to investigate the disappearances of three girls from the Vernon and Tolland areas more than 40 years ago has developed a list of suspects, conducted searches in three locations and plans additional searches...

"I think we're making tremendous progress," Gedansky said. "For 40 years these cases were dealt with individually. Detectives consulted with each other and worked together, but this is a new approach"...

Aprille Falletti of Ellington, Lisa White's younger sister, said the fresh eyes of cold case squad members have given renewed hope of progress in her sister's case.

I hope they do make progress....its long overdue!
I'm familiar with that town in CT.
At the time it was mostly woods, farms, streams, a tad hilly. Somewhat rural turning into a suburbs of sorts. But the town was just starting to build up--and become a suburb of Hartford, basically.

Bumping for Lisa.

There is a new podcast (Paper Ghosts) out that focuses on Lisa's case, as well as those of Janice Pockett, Deborah Lee Spickler, and Susan LaRosa.

Paper Ghosts

Last edited:
Lisa Joy White – The Charley Project
  • lisa_joy_white_1.jpg
  • lisa_joy_white_2.jpg
  • lisa_joy_white_3.jpg
  • lisa_joy_white_4.jpg
  • lisa_joy_white_5.jpg
Lisa, circa 1974; Age-progressions to age 56 (circa 2017)
  • Missing Since 11/01/1974
  • Missing From Vernon, Connecticut
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/02/1961 (59)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Green pants and a blue denim jacket.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Lisa has a small pockmark on her forehead above her right eye. She was in very good physical condition at the time of her disappearance; she danced and did acrobatics. Her teeth are perfectly aligned due to the previous use of orthodontic braces.
''Details of Disappearance
Lisa was last seen in Vernon, Connecticut on November 1, 1974. The night before her disappearance, she'd been arrested for underage drinking and her parents grounded her. After her mother went to work at 4:30 p.m., she sneaked out to visit a friend on Prospect Street in Rockville, Connecticut, two miles away. Following her visit, at 7:30 p.m., Lisa began walking home. She never arrived and has never been heard from again.

Lisa left a note for her mother saying she was in love with an older boy and "you think I'm a little girl, but I'm not." According to her sister, she associated with older boys and some men. The police initially believed she'd run away from home, but foul play is now suspected in her case.

Lisa's disappearance was one of five in a ten-year period in the Vernon area, including Janice Pockett. All of the missing were female; they ranged in age from 7 to 20 years old. Two of them were found deceased years after their disappearances but the other three, including Lisa, remain missing. It is not clear whether the cases are related. Lisa's disappearance remains unsolved. Her mother died in July 2012.''

Oct 28 2020 rbbm.
Fugitive Files: Vernon Police look for new information into the missing person case of Lisa Joy White
''VERNON, CT (WFSB) – Digging deep into a 46-yer-old missing person cold case.

Vernon detectives say Lisa Joy White vanished without a trace and no evidence.

White was just 13-years-old when she disappeared and police, as well as White’s sister, know that someone knows something and needs to come forward.''

''On Sunday, November 1, it will be 46 years since anyone last saw White. She was last seen visiting a friend on Prospect Street.

“Everyone’s goal is to find out what happened and to get answers,” said Lt. William Meier, Vernon Police Department.

Vernon Police Lieutenant William Meier has lived this case his while 19 years on the force, even working with a special cold case task force that attempted to link White’s disappearance in 1974 with the disappearances of 7-year-old Janice Pockett in Tolland in 1973 and 13-year-old Debbie Spickler in 1968.

The police questioned if there was a suspect responsible for the disappearance of all three.''

''Recently, Vernon police have been talking to old witnesses still living the area, even the potential suspects from years back, re-examining everything.

If you have any information about White’s disappearance, you’re asked to contact Vernon police''.

Oct 28 2020 rbbm.
Fugitive Files: Vernon Police look for new information into the missing person case of Lisa Joy White
''VERNON, CT (WFSB) – Digging deep into a 46-yer-old missing person cold case.

Vernon detectives say Lisa Joy White vanished without a trace and no evidence.

White was just 13-years-old when she disappeared and police, as well as White’s sister, know that someone knows something and needs to come forward.''

''On Sunday, November 1, it will be 46 years since anyone last saw White. She was last seen visiting a friend on Prospect Street.

“Everyone’s goal is to find out what happened and to get answers,” said Lt. William Meier, Vernon Police Department.

Vernon Police Lieutenant William Meier has lived this case his while 19 years on the force, even working with a special cold case task force that attempted to link White’s disappearance in 1974 with the disappearances of 7-year-old Janice Pockett in Tolland in 1973 and 13-year-old Debbie Spickler in 1968.

The police questioned if there was a suspect responsible for the disappearance of all three.''

''Recently, Vernon police have been talking to old witnesses still living the area, even the potential suspects from years back, re-examining everything.

If you have any information about White’s disappearance, you’re asked to contact Vernon police''.

Im so glad they are making her name reappear in the news to try and get more answers! I feel so bad for this family... I was a teenage rebellion too and just to know that i could have been her... Makes me thank my lucky stars i had angels surrounding me. I hope they find some answers soon for this family needs a body to put at rest so everyone surrounding this young female could be put at ease.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy102502
Back