CT CT - Maria Anjiras, 14, Norwalk, 12 Feb 1976

14-year-old went missing 40 years ago and police say she may be in Bristol

http://www.wcyb.com/news/virginia/bristol-va/14-year-old-went-missing-40-years-ago-and-police-say-she-may-be-in-bristol/225901437

Recently, the Norwalk, Connecticut Police Department received a tip Maria may have been living and working in Bristol in 1993, going by the name of "Lynn."

They're hoping she's still in the area, so they can finally close this case.

"I'd hope that I love to have a phone call from Maria Anjivras saying yes it's me. I'm alive and I'm well," Norwalk Police Lieutenant Art Weisgerber said.

"She believes she ran into her in 1993 somewhere around there while she was using the name Lynn," Weisgerber said.

The tipster said "Lynn" stayed at the Evergreen Motel in Bristol, and worked at an auto auction shop on Lee Highway.

The owner of that shop at the time does remember employing someone named Lynn.

"Very random part time basis. Basically just as a driver that drove cars through the auction. One day a week. Maybe 2, 3 months that she was here," he said.

We showed him pictures of Maria from when she was 14, and computer generated pictures of what she'd look like older.

"It don't look familiar to me," he said.

I'm confused.

In 2015 they released an update that the girl with the motorcycle club was confirmed to be someone else, but in December 2016 they are investigating her having gone to Bristol VA or Bristol TN with a motorcycle club?

They must still think it's a possibility then, right?

I'm confused.

In 2015 they released an update that the girl with the motorcycle club was confirmed to be someone else, but in December 2016 they are investigating her having gone to Bristol VA or Bristol TN with a motorcycle club?

They must still think it's a possibility then, right?

Yeah. Maria did have connections to motorcycles and motorcycle clubs, so even though she's not the person initially thought to be her, that only rules out the one tip. It doesn't rule out other travel or connections.

Yeah, exactly.

There were several Connecticut girls kidnapped and murdered or presumed murdered in the same time frame, so it was often assumed she was another victim.

Those missing kids were a few counties away. Though it is always possible that the same person(s) could be responsible.

Those missing kids were a few counties away. Though it is always possible that the same person(s) could be responsible.

I don't think there was any evidence at all. It was just the way the public thought. Connecticut is physically a very small state, so a couple of counties over is not far.

I don't think there was any evidence at all. It was just the way the public thought. Connecticut is physically a very small state, so a couple of counties over is not far.

Those other girls went missing from eastern ct which will take you into Massachusetts it’s about and hour and a half drive from Norwalk Norwalk is in Fairfield county which is on the New York side of the state.

I live in ct born and raised so if there is any info that anyone needs help with just let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 can be that “crazy” hormonal age and if clashing with parents it’s usually around boys. Hopefully it was looked into anyone she was seeing at the time, most likely scenario to me is she ran away with a older male. Her friends at the time would know more.

Maria Florence Anjiras – The Charley Project
Maria Florence Anjiras

• maria_florence_anjiras_1.jpg
  • maria_florence_anjiras_2.jpg
  • maria_florence_anjiras_3.jpg
  • maria_florence_anjiras_4.jpg
Maria, circa 1976; Age progression to age 53 (circa 2014)
  • Missing Since 02/12/1976
  • Missing From Norwalk, Connecticut
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/10/1961 (58)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A green Norwalk High School jacket with "Mia" and the number 79 written on it, a peach-colored sweater, white canvas pants and brown shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Maria's nickname is Mia.

I am going to throw an odd pebble into this murky pond. Previous posts, based on police statements, refer to a possible sighting in Bristol, which appears to be Bristol, Virginia based on the location of the motel identified. However, on Ancestry the death record for Maria's father, Constan (from the Connecticut Death Index) shows he died in 1983 in Bristol, Florida (and gives his residence as Norwalk). Whilst this may be a coincidence it is certainly odd if that is all that it is.

I am going to throw an odd pebble into this murky pond. Previous posts, based on police statements, refer to a possible sighting in Bristol, which appears to be Bristol, Virginia based on the location of the motel identified. However, on Ancestry the death record for Maria's father, Constan (from the Connecticut Death Index) shows he died in 1983 in Bristol, Florida (and gives his residence as Norwalk). Whilst this may be a coincidence it is certainly odd if that is all that it is.

Yes, it may just be a coincidence; but it may also be a sign - not sure exactly to whom - that Maria was still alive for at least some time after her disappearance. I just Googled each town for its population, and all three are fairly small places where someone could easily be found. Perhaps she wanted to make it easy for someone to track her movements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omgitsree
Back