CT - Michael Skakel & the murder of Martha Moxley, Greenwich, 1975 *Not Guilty*

Do ylu think he will be retried? I sort of think they won’t. I feel awful for Martha’s family.

Do ylu think he will be retried? I sort of think they won’t. I feel awful for Martha’s family.

I just have a feeling that he is not going back to jail-didn’t they say today that he’s going to be retried? I bet he gets acquitted this time (but I do think he did it). I think that money does talk, as Borndem says, and there ae people out there who think he’s served enough time-and you only need one of them on a jury.

I just have a feeling that he is not going back to jail-didn’t they say today that he’s going to be retried? I bet he gets acquitted this time (but I do think he did it). I think that money does talk, as Borndem says, and there ae people out there who think he’s served enough time-and you only need one of them on a jury.

My mistake-they voted to overturn his conviction, not to retry him

Skakel conviction vacated
..he admitted to being at the scene that night!
..golf club used to murder was from the Skakel's
..he said he remembered a friend who left his house --after the party that left to go watch Monty Python had left his house--no alibi

he really like Moxley---he was not going to go from that house--he knew his brother and Martha were ''close''
he saw those 2 get intimate and ----got pissed....he was drunk and he saw his brother with Martha---just like Mark Fuhrman said

this makes the most sense--most probable --along with the other evidence
these judges screwed up
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Michael-Skakel-murder-conviction-vacated.html

Hey Borndem, Love the profile pic, Loved the movie as well.
xxoo
laces

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/a...upreme-Court-to-reinstate-Skakel-13144151.php

Over the years, I've read about Martha's murder and followed Skakel's case. Politics aside and considering the timeline and all the evidence, it seems the killer was someone who had been in the Skakel house that night.

Someone who knew where the golf clubs were located, most likely a Skakel family member.

It would be very difficult for some stranger to the area to come in and steal the club, especially at that hour

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/a...upreme-Court-to-reinstate-Skakel-13144151.php

Over the years, I've read about Martha's murder and followed Skakel's case. Politics aside and considering the timeline and all the evidence, it seems the killer was someone who had been in the Skakel house that night.

Someone who knew where the golf clubs were located, most likely a Skakel family member.

It would be very difficult for some stranger to the area to come in and steal the club, especially at that hour

Your last paragraph tells the story-it must have been a resident of that house. Michael Skakel’s defense just tries to muddy the waters, by using the “soddit” defense (“some other dude did it”). Especially disturbing is the suggestion that his brother did it, and let Michael take the blame. What kind of people are they-no matter which one of them might have done it?

Was Martha Moxley's 1975 murder covered up due to suspect Michael Skakel's close ties to Robert F. Kennedy?

15-year-old Martha Moxley was an outgoing child who was brutally murdered while walking back from a friend's house.

Moxley was discovered dead on October 31, 1975, in the backyard of her family home in Greenwich, Connecticut.

The police have hunted for her killer for over 43 years now and the case still does not have any definitive answers about who killed her, and why.

The murder garnered a lot of attention from the media as the suspects were connected to the Kennedys and gave rise to questions whether money and privilege played a part in covering up the unsolved murder.

Was Martha Moxley's 1975 murder covered up due to suspect Michael Skakel's close ties to Robert F. Kennedy?

15-year-old Martha Moxley was an outgoing child who was brutally murdered while walking back from a friend's house.

Moxley was discovered dead on October 31, 1975, in the backyard of her family home in Greenwich, Connecticut.

The police have hunted for her killer for over 43 years now and the case still does not have any definitive answers about who killed her, and why.

The murder garnered a lot of attention from the media as the suspects were connected to the Kennedys and gave rise to questions whether money and privilege played a part in covering up the unsolved murder.

I don’t think they are still hunting for her killer-I think they had him...Michael Skakel

I don’t think they are still hunting for her killer-I think they had him...Michael Skakel
Totally agree. LE finally arrested the correct one, and the verdict at trial was also right-on. Skakel just needs to sit back, grin & bear it.
And he doesn't have a drop of Kennedy blood in him. Ethel Skakel Kennedy was his aunt.

Judge's ruling would unseal Kennedy cousin's murder case

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Jul 25th 2020

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A federal judge has ruled that Connecticut officials cannot keep court proceedings and documents secret for teenagers charged with the most serious crimes — a decision that will reopen Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel's murder case to the public.

U.S. District Judge Michael Shea in Hartford ruled Friday that a state law approved last year — with the intent of protecting juveniles' identities when their cases are transferred to adult court and only unsealing documents if they are convicted — violates the First Amendment right of access to the courts, The Hartford Courant reported.

The decision came in a lawsuit challenging the law filed by the newspaper and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press.

The judge ordered the state Judicial Branch to open courtrooms and unseal the records in the cases of juveniles ages 15, 16 and 17 whose cases were transferred to adult court but kept secret under the new law, which took effect Oct. 1. Parts of the order were postponed for a month to allow advocates for teenagers an opportunity to argue against unsealing the proceedings.

“This ruling marks a critical victory for transparency in our criminal justice system,” said Andrew Julien, publisher and editor-in-chief of the Courant. “The state will no longer be able to automatically shield from public scrutiny proceedings in crimes considered serious enough to be handled in the adult criminal system.”...

Under the previous law, serious juvenile cases including murders and rapes were unsealed when they were transferred to adult court, as Skakel’s was, allowing public access to court proceedings. The new law resulted in the sealing of Skakel's case, because he was a teenager when Martha Moxley was killed in their wealthy Greenwich neighborhood in 1975.

Skakel, a nephew of Robert F. Kennedy’s widow, Ethel Kennedy, was convicted in 2002 in the bludgeoning death of Moxley when they were both 15 years old. He served more than 11 years in prison before a judge overturned his conviction in 2013, citing mistakes by his trial lawyer. He was freed on $1.2 million bail.

The state Supreme Court reinstated the murder conviction in 2016, but later reversed itself and overturned the conviction. The U.S. Supreme Court last year declined to hear an appeal by state prosecutors, who have not disclosed whether they plan to retry Skakel.

A message seeking comment about Shea's ruling was left for Chief State's Attorney Richard Colangelo Jr. on Saturday. It's unclear whether officials plan to appeal the ruling...

Martha Moxley, 15, murdered 31 October 1975

On October 31, 1975, the stabbed and bludgeoned body of 15-year-old Martha Moxley was found in the backyard of her family’s Greenwich, Connecticut, home. While the initial investigation brought forth several suspects, major strides would not be made in the case until the late 1990s and early 2000s, when investigators circled around the only person ever charged, tried, and convicted of Martha’s murder — her neighbor, Michael Skakel, a relative of the Kennedy family.

But Michael’s conviction was ultimately vacated in 2018 due to inadequate representation by his trial attorney, and to this day, it is still unclear what happened to the young woman. The first photographs taken at the crime scene, however, were able to give investigators key insight into the brutal slaying...

th

LINK:
15-Year-Old Martha Moxley’s Infamous Murder, Shown In Photos

Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel due in court in 1975 bludgeoning death of teenager
more at link
Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel is expected at a court hearing Friday as Connecticut prosecutors decide whether to retry him for the bludgeoning death of a fellow teenager in 1975.

Skakel has been free on bail since 2013, when a state judge vacated his murder conviction in the death of Martha Moxley, who was killed in their wealthy Greenwich neighborhood when both she and Skakel were 15 years old. The case went cold for 25 years until Skakel’s arrest in 2000.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back