Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

Interesting. Glendora's very close to Placentia, where Bob Harrod disappeared from. Also, Diamond Bar is where an early media report (incorrectly) said one of Bob's daughters lived - (police seemed to have some trouble locating some of Bob's close family, when he disappeared.)

It doesn't sound as though there have been sightings of Robert Hoagland there though; just that family are coming up with ideas of where he might be.

That's good. I think I can help a little bit in getting the word out in OC for people to keep their eyes open for Robert. I hope he's relaxing on Huntington Beach somewhere, but I am afraid my hopes are not very great for Robert's safe location. There seems to be something ominous about his disappearance, because of the circumstances.

People have gone voluntarily missing in odder circumstances than his though, so I suppose you never know.

Newtown police are trying to catch us out - they've got the same detective on the case but have changed the phone number.

Anyone with information about Robert 'Hoagie' Hoagland should call Detective Jason Frank at Newton Police Dept on

203-270-4229

Is that the number anyone should call from California, or should there be a code in front of it?

I was just thinking - Robert's parents apparently live in Diamond Bar, CA, and his brother has hired a PI. I wonder if the brother lives in CA too, and if the PI is based there? I haven't seen a PI number for anyone to contact anywhere.

I don't know - I'm a little fuzzy around the edges at this latest development. I would have thought, as Robert has family in CA, that they would have been at the front of any searches in the area. But it seems it is the Connecticut side of the family who are pointing the search that way?

I'm not on FB so I could be missing all the clarifications, admittedly. It would be good to have some direct quotes from other family members of Robert's in msm though; his blood relatives in CA could maybe help fill out the picture of Robert the person, and his son Max could really help with the immediate events around the disappearance. Being the last known person to see him means he would get lots of coverage for his missing dad if he spoke to the media, in my opinion.

I know Lori has been speaking out for her husband, but she wasn't in the country the day Robert disappeared. It is Max who could really get the coverage for his dad, I believe.

Poor Hoagie. Poor Bob.

Where are you both, this Christmas?

Very Interesting that he purchased a map of the NE; it makes me wonder, his wife sounds like she flew in early; maybe to another airport, is this a possibility; that 1 she came in early; unexpected, and maybe he had to find his way to another airport? OR he has left on his own accord, which if true is awful sad. :(
Son last to see him; son has drug issues, 600 withdrawal, in the cctv footage he looks haggard, bags under his eyes, and just doesn't look OK to me...

Very Interesting that he purchased a map of the NE; it makes me wonder, his wife sounds like she flew in early; maybe to another airport, is this a possibility; that 1 she came in early; unexpected, and maybe he had to find his way to another airport? OR he has left on his own accord, which if true is awful sad. :(
Son last to see him; son has drug issues, 600 withdrawal, in the cctv footage he looks haggard, bags under his eyes, and just doesn't look OK to me...

Me either. Another weird CT case! :(
Fishy fishy ... Wife... Gone 17 days.. And son... (______fill in blanks) I definitely do not think a guy like that from around here Just takes off for Cali .. I know people do and would like to - but to me it all goes to the son and that Sat.. And permission to use to car. Just MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only info regarding the map of of NE, comes from Lori, the wife. Police haven't said he purchased a map. That could be a nice distraction to follow along with the "hiking" story that she has been pushing.

This image is still unexplained. facebook_deleted_post | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

new activity from son Chris Hoagland. 4 days ago new made a few comments on YouTube regarding some video research on the Robert Hoagland case. He's upset and lashing out. His username is "cuesoccer24"

Yes. The comments are interesting.

http://youtu.be/cxjUELEQz2Q

Poor Robert. His case seems to have fallen victim to two camps; people wanting to take it into strange realms, and people who want his disappearance to fade away so they can get over it.

Neither seems to be quite suitable for locating a missing person. Maybe they could all get together under one umbrella - some volunteer searches for Robert? Even if they do think he is somewhere in CA, it wouldn't hurt to have some more searches around CT. You never know. And the additional publicity would be helpful in getting word out that people still need to look for him, even if Robert is not found.

I really feel he is deceased and just waiting for someone to bring him home. :(

Yes. The comments are interesting.

http://youtu.be/cxjUELEQz2Q

Poor Robert. His case seems to have fallen victim to two camps; people wanting to take it into strange realms, and people who want his disappearance to fade away so they can get over it.

Neither seems to be quite suitable for locating a missing person. Maybe they could all get together under one umbrella - some volunteer searches for Robert? Even if they do think he is somewhere in CA, it wouldn't hurt to have some more searches around CT. You never know. And the additional publicity would be helpful in getting word out that people still need to look for him, even if Robert is not found.

I really feel he is deceased and just waiting for someone to bring him home. :(

I agree 1000% and thank you so much for posting the excellent youtube piece! wow! I am speechless- the comments are stunning ( though they do not surprise me) :scared:
Strange...so very little mentioned about this case locally.

thanks again.:seeya:

I'm glad for all tips. Wouldn't it be great if somebody could a plate number or even part of one?

Unfortunately, I do not think this man is still with us. I think he is dead and has been buried or hidden somewhere.

Here are my reasons:

1. I don't think this guy has any connections to Sandy Hook any more than half the residents of Newtown. It's not that big of a place and seems kind of insular. Besides, even if he did, what would it mean? He was killed because he knew something? What? A "conspiracy theory"? Come on!

2. I think what happened to him occurred closer to home. Like in the home.

3. I think the mother left her son in jail after his arrest and did not bail him out because at least there he had a chance not to be using for a while.

4. Perhaps the trip on the Appalachian Trail was a sort of "tough love" type of adventure, the parents hoping doing something like this would allow their son to be clean and to see the world as a pretty cool place without being high. I can see being a parent and if my kid expressed interest in this, planning it as something that would get him out of the area where drugs would be easily accessible.

5. I think what happened to him was probably a blitz attack and when it was over, money was taken and the body disposed of.

6. Truthfully, I have seen a lot of guys who are similar in look and build to Mr. Hoagland and I believe the sighting are mistakes.

7. There has been nothing coming up in the time since he had left that implies he was involved with anything shady or that there was a court case naming him in anything about to appear. There was no reason for him to go missing and I truly believe he would not have left his family willingly.

Just IMOO.

Unfortunately, I do not think this man is still with us. I think he is dead and has been buried or hidden somewhere.

Here are my reasons:

1. I don't think this guy has any connections to Sandy Hook any more than half the residents of Newtown. It's not that big of a place and seems kind of insular. Besides, even if he did, what would it mean? He was killed because he knew something? What? A "conspiracy theory"? Come on!

2. I think what happened to him occurred closer to home. Like in the home.

3. I think the mother left her son in jail after his arrest and did not bail him out because at least there he had a chance not to be using for a while.

4. Perhaps the trip on the Appalachian Trail was a sort of "tough love" type of adventure, the parents hoping doing something like this would allow their son to be clean and to see the world as a pretty cool place without being high. I can see being a parent and if my kid expressed interest in this, planning it as something that would get him out of the area where drugs would be easily accessible.

5. I think what happened to him was probably a blitz attack and when it was over, money was taken and the body disposed of.

6. Truthfully, I have seen a lot of guys who are similar in look and build to Mr. Hoagland and I believe the sighting are mistakes.

7. There has been nothing coming up in the time since he had left that implies he was involved with anything shady or that there was a court case naming him in anything about to appear. There was no reason for him to go missing and I truly believe he would not have left his family willingly.

Just IMOO.

I agree with #6 above. The sightings are mistakes.

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Six-months-after-Newtown-man-s-disappearance-no-5218083.php

Denis J. O'Malley
Published 10:59 pm, Saturday, February 8, 2014

NEWTOWN -- Had it not included the last documented sighting of Robert Hoagland in more than six months, the morning of July 28 might have been a rather mundane one.

Hoagland -- or, Hoagie, as his family calls him -- started out early, heading into town before 7 a.m. to pick up bagels and put gas in his Volkswagen Golf, then returning home to Glen Road to split breakfast with his son Max.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroLosses
Back