CT CT - Sofia Michelle Mckenna, 21, Groton, 27 May 2018

I read somewhere that Austin and his dad are who found the boat so Austin had access to a boat.

The Facebook page said that wasn’t accurate. And even if it was, they supposedly found it while in a plane as far as I know. People seem to want this to be foul play so bad. Unfortunately, they were young adults who made a series of poor decisions. Jmo

Maybe the ex was stalking them or saw the snapchat uploads.

he would have to have some amazing timing skills. I don’t think people realize how much time it takes to get a boat in the water. It happened so fast. From the snapchats to the phone calls to mom was a matter of what, 15 min?

I read somewhere that Austin and his dad are who found the boat so Austin had access to a boat.
They saw it from the air I thought? I just wonder why so many ppl feel there was foul play when two people ventured out with no lights and no life jackets, under the influence in rough waters. I know the domestic violence background but I think it would have been extremely hard for anyone to find them mid-voyage that night or wait for them at the Lighthouse without being spotted.

I read the entire post she could’ve accessed her social media from anywhere. I follow the story closely, the page on Facebook, I even have her missing bumper sticker on my car. Something just doesn’t sit right with the story including where her friends body was found in relation to the current.

the thing with snapchat is her account probably got hacked by some scammers trying to steal money.

i know a couple of my friends that got hacked, and they dm me askin to borrow money. Acting like ita really my friend in need of borrowing money but its really the hacker.

The sailboat came equipped with a mast, but it was mastless when found. I remember this one well. Apparently, in the early morning hours, she tried to call her Mom several times around 2 a.m. but it went to voicemail. There was no call to 911. Family missing boater still hoping to find her Her friend's body was found some days later. Body of missing boater recovered in Long Island Sound
The boat dod NIT have mast. It had been donated to UCONN and had sat unused - no mast . rudder board or paddles with the craft.

Yeah, I agree that something feels off about this. Why did she call her mom over and over again, instead of the police? If she was in danger, or maybe intoxicated, maybe she wasn't thinking clearly. But I'd think after not getting through 2-3 times, she'd switch gears and try a different number.

Also, the fact that her body hasn't been found is the biggest contributor to me wondering whether or not she really drowned. Again, totally possible, but still makes me wonder.
Why do you say that about the " current" there are many factors involved- tides, wind, type of object, buoyancy, influence of converging currents from rivers etc.etc that will impact its drift.

the thing with snapchat is her account probably got hacked by some scammers trying to steal money.

i know a couple of my friends that got hacked, and they dm me askin to borrow money. Acting like ita really my friend in need of borrowing money but its really the hacker.
There is no evidence her account was hacked- and in fact the posts were made from his phone not hers. Your think someone hacked her account and posted a picture of her? I don't know what you base you knowledge abut ocean "currents" on but there are numerous factors that come into play including tides, wind, buoyancy of the object, impact of converging currents from rivers etc. The Ocean (or sound in this case) does strange things.

Good Morning everyone,

WS member caitlinflynn has been verified as a journalist and also as a case insider in Sofia's case.

Verified case insiders are not required to provide links to what they state as fact about a case, but in all other respects they must post in accordance with The Rules. It is up to members to determine how much weight they wish to assign to information provided by a VI. If you disagree with something they state however, you may respectfully ask questions, but do not argue or bicker with them, or challenge them.

The sailboat came equipped with a mast, but it was mastless when found. I remember this one well. Apparently, in the early morning hours, she tried to call her Mom several times around 2 a.m. but it went to voicemail. There was no call to 911. Family missing boater still hoping to find her Her friend's body was found some days later. Body of missing boater recovered in Long Island Sound
There was no mast on the boat. It had been donated to UCONN and had sat there unused for some time.

The boat was recovered on Long Island. Her companion was located 9 dys later by a man fishing.

I read the entire post she could’ve accessed her social media from anywhere. I follow the story closely, the page on Facebook, I even have her missing bumper sticker on my car. Something just doesn’t sit right with the story including where her friends body was found in relation to the current.
I am not sure why you say that abut Spencer's body. There are many factors involved- current, wind, tides. The location is not at all "suspicious".

DNA drive hopes to solve Connecticut missing person cases

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — It was Memorial Day weekend in 2018 when Sofia McKenna went sailing with a friend and never returned home.

It was a tragedy that took her friend’s life, and has left Sofia McKenna’s mother wondering where her daughter is to this day.

“[It’s] so tough,” Michelle McKenna said. “Very tough.”

A new effort hopes to help bring closure to these families by using DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back