CT CT - Waterbury, WhtMale UnkAge UP111071, Skeletal, Body found floating in Belleview Lake in a wooded area, Oct'23

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
UID White Male
NAMUS: UP111071
National Missing and Unidentified Persons System
Date Body Found: October 11, 2023
Location Found: Waterbury, Connecticut

Case Information​

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: 23-19564

Demographics

Estimated Age Group: Adult
Height: 4'5-5'5 (53-65") - Estimated
Weight: 100-130 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances​

NamUs Case Created: November 3, 2023
ME/C QA Reviewed: October 12, 2023
Circumstances of Recovery: Body found floating in Belleview Lake in Waterbury. Decomposed with saponification. Waterway is in a wooded area.

Details of Recovery​

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing: Darkened white socks
Brown leather belt
Tattered jeans consisting of blue denim
Black thermal long johns Maroon sweater
Black boxer briefs - On the Body

0 Missing Person Exclusions

Here is another possible match for this UID, Brian Perez Chaves from West Palm Beach, FL. He was last seen on Sept 1, 2023. His description seems to fit this case but the distance is quite far but not impossible.

A second NamUs profile for Josiah was added today, this time with a DLC of November 24.

This is odd, especially since the description are different. Only slightly, but still different. Take the height for example. 5'4 for one and 5'5 for the other.

Here is another possible match for this UID, Brian Perez Chaves from West Palm Beach, FL. He was last seen on Sept 1, 2023. His description seems to fit this case but the distance is quite far but not impossible.
I never rule out on distance alone. It can be a factor, but there have been so many cases where the person ends up so far from home.

Josiah's 2nd namus listing was removed; however, the first one is still up. I cannot seem to verify if he has been found or not.

Brian Perez Chaves' listing has been removed.

Another profile for Josiah.

0 MP exclusions for this uid (so far).

Last edited:

Jeremias Martinez-Ortiz? Was last seen in Chambersburg, PA and only a 5 to 5.5 hour drive (maybe longer in traffic) and his height and weight fit the description of this UID. Was last missing on Sept 24 and this body was decomposing in October so it is possible that he went to CT and something happened to him. I also wonder if this was a gang related crime JMO?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15
Back