Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've given up lol. Too many things to follow/watch/read/keep up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the current mom lead doesn't pan out, I wonder if the roommates would be willing to try hypnotic regression to try to remember his last name.

I'm another one of those people who have been following this case for years. Just came on to check in and heard about all the excitement I've missing over the past week or so. It's hard to catch up, but I'm certainly praying that these tips pan out and Grateful Doe is finally given back his name.

The only lead I can confirm is that a woman contacted the Grateful Doe Facebook page this morning claiming to be the mother of the young man in the photographs, his name was Jason, and he had been missing for many years. I can confirm that she did indeed have a son named Jason who was 18 years old in 1995. And I can confirm that she observed his birthday every year on Facebook since at least 2010. This is the singular most promising lead we have seen in the identification of the Illinois/South Carolina "Jason" in the photographs. She has contacted authorities and the process is underway to see if her son is Grateful Doe.

Even if the Jason in the photographs turns out to not be Grateful Doe, at least the woman who identified the Jason in the photos as her son now knows he went to Illinois. That alone has to be better than not knowing where he went at all. It can be a start on trying to locate him if in fact he is alive and well somewhere. Reaching far here, as it seems someone would have said "hey, that's my buddy, he's fine and living in xxxxx!" by now

I could be possible that we have TWO "Jasons" that are now deceased if DNA doesn't pan out. I'm hoping that we'll know something soon. Lurking and watching, hoping that for at least GD's family this finally comes to a close and another "Job Well Done" to all involved. <3 JMO

I know that it probably takes weeks (best case scenario) for DNA results to come back, but I keep checking here hoping beyond hope that there is a positive ID! (Although hearing that the Jason from the pictures is alive and reunited with his mom, would be better news)

As heartbreaking as it is that Grateful Doe has been unidentified for these years, I have found great comfort in the care and diligence so many have had in the reuniting process. At a time when so many of the new posts revolve around murders and missing persons, there is something that feels so uplifting on this one. I hope for news soon. Thanks to all who have had the passion for helping this young man come home.

Unfortunately; it could take 2+ months like Cali's case. Tammy's sisters DNA was taken almost 3 months ago; still no word

Unfortunately; it could take 2+ months like Cali's case. Tammy's sisters DNA was taken almost 3 months ago; still no word

I have high hopes we will have resolution to Grateful Doe and Cali this year!

Slightly OT and I'm sorry if this has been asked already...

I know TGD disbanded in Aug 1995, but did the remaining members ever get behind the cause to identify our grateful doe? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to my knowledge but I am sure some are aware of him right???

Slightly OT and I'm sorry if this has been asked already...

I know TGD disbanded in Aug 1995, but did the remaining members ever get behind the cause to identify our grateful doe? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure they would- I know one former Dead musician still tours & has his own following.

Could be an idea to get in touch with them?

ETA: Bob Weir has a Twitter. I have tweeted him the FB page. A retweet would be fantastic.

You know, I was trying to figure out how these guys could have roomed with Jason and couldn't remember his last name. Until I thought about it and I can't tell you the first OR last name of two of my college roommates during the same era. One I could find out if I tried, one I don't think I could find anyone who even remembered her. And I didn't do anything but drink. Time fades.

I hope this dear boy gets his name back. We're the same age, and he could easily have been someone I hung out with.

You know, I was trying to figure out how these guys could have roomed with Jason and couldn't remember his last name. Until I thought about it and I can't tell you the first OR last name of two of my college roommates during the same era. One I could find out if I tried, one I don't think I could find anyone who even remembered her. And I didn't do anything but drink. Time fades.

Yeah, I don't remember the last name of my dorm roommate in 2001. And in 1994, these guys were not constantly reminded of Jason's last name from his Facebook profile, email, etc. If Jason ever wrote his roommate rent checks, I wonder if that bank (or whoever bought them out) would still have a record of the transaction. But it sounds like it may not be necessary to go down those kinds of paths.

DrDMike, I believe your story, and I understand why you were initially reluctant to release the information that you had discovered. If you had posted his last name or the mother's info, I have no doubt that dozens of people would have tried contacting her and sent the info to the media. I personally try to be patient for information to be released, and I have no interest in taking credit as the "first" person to discover something. Jason has gone unidentified for 20 years, so waiting a few extra days for a lead to pan out shouldn't be a problem IMO.

I have my own thoughts as to who Grateful Doe is but I think it is important to remember that at the end of this search we should be still on the same side--helping to reunite families while building a community of sleuthers. That is what made me sad about the drama of last week.

I just hope this is him.

We won't know anything for weeks or even months, though. Correct?

For clarification (and NOT for argument), there are MULTIPLE leads (yes, more than two) in the hands of authorities as a result of the COMBINED efforts of MANY people. Which one is the most solid is a matter of opinion. Like others have said, it shouldn't matter to us. We are not the experts or authorities or families. Families being reunited is priority #1. Great job everyone and keep on truckin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw