Dane Greathouse in JAIL

Since this thread is about Dane Greathouse....he was in court today and pleaded not guilty. He is back in court on March 6. His bond is set at $75,000.

Since this thread is about Dane Greathouse....he was in court today and pleaded not guilty. He is back in court on March 6. His bond is set at $75,000.

Yep I was there as a contributing writer for a local newspaper. No other reporters there. I spoke to the alleged victim's parents and he is out of th hospital.

I've never heard of a baby being taken as revenge for their parents' drug debt, but I have heard of a 15 yr old girl being abducted and murdered for exactly that reason. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, it was on an episode of the FBI Files.

Not saying that happened here, but its not as far fetched as some people seem to think it is.
Yes, and I know of a similar case in Ventura County California.
A 20 yr old had a big drug debt owed to his supplier, as he was dealing but got behind in the payments. The supplier went looking for him and couldn't find him, but saw his 15 yr old brother and took him and killed him instead. The killer was named 'Hollywood' something.

Why did she give her phone to someone she mutually dislikes?

Yes, and I know of a similar case in Ventura County California.
A 20 yr old had a big drug debt owed to his supplier, as he was dealing but got behind in the payments. The supplier went looking for him and couldn't find him, but saw his 15 yr old brother and took him and killed him instead. The killer was named 'Hollywood' something.

I read a brief synopsis on Jesse James Hollywood. I think there is a huge difference between that case and this case. Nick was kidnapped as ransom until they could contact Benjamin. There were tons of people who knew Hollywood kidnapped Nick and told the police when Nick was killed. Has anyone attempted to contact DB & JI? We've heard no information about DB or JI being involved in drugs.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/02/20/figure-in-baby-lisa-case-arrested-in-northland-stabbing/

But Rugen said he’s confirmed Greathouse was an irrelevant bystander.

“Yes, he was using this phone, but I’ve since been granted access to Megan Wright’s cell records and that phone call never went through. There was no incoming phone call to that phone at 11:57 p.m.,” said Rugen.

I am less interested in the fact that the call did not make it through to MW's phone than the fact that someone ATTEMPTED to get through to MW's phone from one of the now missing phones in the wee hours.

Was the caller trying to reach MW or DG and why?

Not sure how the fact that the call never got through translates into DG being irrelevant or a bystander since it is still unknown who generatd the call, why or under what circumstance.
Exactly! Just because that call didn't go through, doesn't mean it wasn't for him or anybody else connected to that phone. He was using the phone at that time for some reason and we don't know what that reason was.

Do we actually know if she "gave" it to him, or did he just help himself?

Well I don't know anything but didn't she say that she left the phone and told the others to feel free to help themselves, or words to that effect?

Maybe I'm kinda odd and stingy but I probably wouldn't give anybody the freedom to use my phone unless they're really good friends of mine. Particularly if they're somewhat shady people. I'd be afraid they hit me with a huge phone bill or use it to some criminal activity that comes back to bite me later when the police comes asking questions.

Well I don't know anything but didn't she say that she left the phone and told the others to feel free to help themselves, or words to that effect?

Maybe I'm kinda odd and stingy but I probably wouldn't give anybody the freedom to use my phone unless they're really good friends of mine. Particularly if they're somewhat shady people. I'd be afraid they hit me with a huge phone bill or use it to some criminal activity that comes back to bite me later when the police comes asking questions.

We only have cell phones, 3 in our household, and all three are unlimited minutes. Do we know if Megan's phone had unlimited minutes or even Deborah's, for that matter?

Ya know Donjeta, as nice as MW seems to be, her behavior is highly suspect. She said seven different people were able to use her phone. I suspect she wanted to distance herself from that phone call. She lacks good judgement...and hangs out with the wrong people. I suspect she is into drugs and anything she says is to be taken with a grain of salt. Who lets anyone use their phone? She didn't even know where her phone was (she says) when the call came in...or she led us to believe that. She told us all seven people were allowed to use it. WTH? She missing more than one dot off her domino.!

She may be the drug contact in the neighborhood.

We only have cell phones, 3 in our household, and all three are unlimited minutes. Do we know if Megan's phone had unlimited minutes or even Deborah's, for that matter?

Per MW on facebook, paraphrased: She paid $40 a month for 30 days use. 1200 minutes, unlimited texting/web/IM.

Unlimited minutes? I heard of unlimited texts but unlimited minutes has to cost a small fortune.

I'd really like to know who had MWs phone number before her, and how long she'd had the number.

For now that phone call is all that ties that whole crowd to the situation. What if it used to be someone else's number that DB did know?

I know it being a wrong number is a pretty slim shot since it's a working number from w/in the neighborhood. The only way I'd buy a wrong number theory is if for example, the prefix is 454 and the intended prefix was 545. The reason I say that is b/c when I first got my phone number my phone provider had prefix let's say 305, and their biggest competitor had 503. I got calls all the time b/c people would dial the prefix wrong b/c they were both so common.

Ya know Donjeta, as nice as MW seems to be, her behavior is highly suspect. She said seven different people were able to use her phone. I suspect she wanted to distance herself from that phone call. She lacks good judgement...and hangs out with the wrong people. I suspect she is into drugs and anything she says is to be taken with a grain of salt. Who lets anyone use their phone? She didn't even know where her phone was (she says) when the call came in...or she led us to believe that. She told us all seven people were allowed to use it. WTH? She missing more than one dot off her domino.!

She may be the drug contact in the neighborhood.

Maybe she has very good judgement.

The two friends of MW are going to be held for a long time. She better watch her P's and Q's.

This case may go down the same way as the Haleigh Cummings Fiasco. All we need is a Wedding..

I must be misunderstanding your previous comment, then. Can you explain it for me?

Sometimes people do weird things for a reason and that reason may not be evident at the time but may make sense later. Just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back