Day 2 The Pineapple in the Bowl/ 12 Days of JonBenet

I actually think ME's do full autopsies when the death is suspicious.
I'd imagine after they discovered the head wound and vaginal injuries, they felt it important to check her stomach contents. It's a good way to tell how long after a meal someone died. They knew she had ate at the White's so they possibly was looking for that to determine a more precise time line and in the process found the pineapple. JMOO but I know they will do this when looking for drugs or other injuries that may not be apparent initially.

I agree, but I'm saying in my opinion Patsy didn't think they would discover it.

And his reaction to Dr. over his soda. I know people say it's no big deal and they wouldn't want to drink it after someone else drank out of it because of germs. I know this. What stands out is his reaction. When I was a kid I'd just be quiet and not touch my drink again or throw it away subtly. BR made a big deal out of it and indicated he couldn't drink from it anymore. This is telling to me. Why? Because it fits in context with other statements. It has been mentioned before he didn't like his things touched with. I've stated before I can only imagine how he reacted if she played with *his* trains or *his N64* He even admitted on Dr. Phil that she annoyed him constantly when he did his gaming.
Yes I agree.
He seemed to be VERY possessive of his things.
Maybe the reason the larger spoon was used is because the housekeeper hadn't been there to clean up after the party on the 23rd. So it's very possible those were the only size spoons clean. (Me and my kids have done the exact same thing when we ran out of clean utensils. Besides... you can scoop more with a huge spoon! lol

Ambitioned,
Not me. Although my ideas regarding the pineapple have moved over the years. Currently I think the bowl you see on the table is a serving bowl, hence the large spoon, too large for either BR or JonBenet to comfortably eat with.

So there were likely two other bowls, one for BR, one for JonBenet, and the next morning the helpers took away the dirty bowls and washed them, but left the serving bowl, as it might be going into the fridge?

One way to partially confirm this is to establish whether BR liked condensed milk with pineapple, so far I've only heard he maybe liked pineapple. I think Patsy said he disliked pineapple?

On the Dr Phil show BR was force fed the questions regarding pineapple, so his answers are suspect.

It looks to me as if BR arranged, i.e. Secret Santa which I see as a process, not a dress up character, a pineapple snack after the parents were in bed.

BR and JonBenet were likely doing what kids all over the country do at Christmas time, i.e. stay up late, eat sweets, drink soda, play with their new toys, and dream up childish adventures.

The additional item here is that BR and JonBenet were also sleeping in each others bedroom, Patsy confirmed that JonBenet had slept in BR's bedroom on Christmas Eve, so what would be different about Christmas Night?

Compare the cereal bowl to the size of the drinking glass and you can see it's a standard sized cereal bowl. IMO.The same bowl was on the table for the gingerbread house decorating (containing sweets) and the children's hands can be used as a comparison to the bowl and spoon for size purposes.

I agree, but I'm saying in my opinion Patsy didn't think they would discover it.
oh most definitely agree on that!
I think they thought a lot of things would be overlooked and that the Ransom note was believable. :notgood:

Compare the cereal bowl to the size of the drinking glass and you can see it's a standard sized cereal bowl. IMO.The same bowl was on the table for the gingerbread house decorating (containing sweets) and the children's hands can be used as a comparison to the bowl and spoon for size purposes.
If they still have the spoon and bowl and glass they should test for DNA if it hasn't already been done.

If they still have the spoon and bowl and glass they should test for DNA if it hasn't already been done.

It's sooo frustrating. Maddening. They should just re-test everything, as Lee said on the CBS special. Techniques are so much more advanced now. Who is being paid to stop it from happening?

It's sooo frustrating. Maddening. They should just re-test everything, as Lee said on the CBS special. Techniques are so much more advanced now. Who is being paid to stop it from happening?
Great question!

Just to add, it's also half the size of the tissue box.

Yup! That was obvious in the interviews. "What? That's impossible. I don't give a flying flip. Go back and retest..."

And his reaction to Dr. over his soda. I know people say it's no big deal and they wouldn't want to drink it after someone else drank out of it because of germs. I know this. What stands out is his reaction. When I was a kid I'd just be quiet and not touch my drink again or throw it away subtly. BR made a big deal out of it and indicated he couldn't drink from it anymore. This is telling to me. Why? Because it fits in context with other statements. It has been mentioned before he didn't like his things touched with. I've stated before I can only imagine how he reacted if she played with *his* trains or *his N64* He even admitted on Dr. Phil that she annoyed him constantly when he did his gaming.
Right! It demonstrates how highly agitated he could be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My thinking is the Rs refused to admit they knew JonBenet ate the pineapple, because they couldn't afford to be locked into the timeline...because how could PR admit to being with JonBent one minute eating, but then a short time, (?) later, be so sound asleep that she didn't hear this intruder plundering around gathering supplies and writing the note, going and getting JonBenet, and then her torture and murder and maybe screaming and fighting back?

I find this quote interesting from JR -

13 LOU SMIT: Next question is,
14 is could someone have gotten her up and
15 fed her pineapple? I mean that is a
16 logical question, and that's the question
17 we have to answer.
18 JOHN RAMSEY: I can't
19 imagine that somebody could have gotten
20 her up, fed her pineapple, and she
21 wouldn't have screamed bloody murder.
22 LOU SMIT: Why?
23 JOHN RAMSEY: What if it was a
24 stranger.
25 LOU SMIT: Well, it was.

What if it was a stranger? WHAT? What do you mean "what if?"
Though I agree, if someone got her up in the middle of the night and fed her pineapple she would have screamed.
Throughout this interview JR agrees that there is really no way that this could have been an intruder that fed her in the night. But SOMEONE did. So let's take JRs word for it. It wasn't an intruder...

Yeah, I love how Lou Smit is obviously the only person in that exchange who thinks there was a stranger in the house that night. Of course John comes back later and tries to pin it on Santa. JB loved Santa, she'd eat Santa's pineapple!!

Except we all know Bill McReynolds wasn't feeding her pineapple that night so unfortunately for John we're back to square one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find this quote interesting from JR -

13 LOU SMIT: Next question is,
14 is could someone have gotten her up and
15 fed her pineapple? I mean that is a
16 logical question, and that's the question
17 we have to answer.
18 JOHN RAMSEY: I can't
19 imagine that somebody could have gotten
20 her up, fed her pineapple, and she
21 wouldn't have screamed bloody murder.
22 LOU SMIT: Why?
23 JOHN RAMSEY: What if it was a
24 stranger.
25 LOU SMIT: Well, it was.

What if it was a stranger? WHAT? What do you mean "what if?"
Though I agree, if someone got her up in the middle of the night and fed her pineapple she would have screamed.
Throughout this interview JR agrees that there is really no way that this could have been an intruder that fed her in the night. But SOMEONE did. So let's take JRs word for it. It wasn't an intruder...

Right?! Wasn't that a despicable "interrogation"? Lou Smit - gah!
Smit is supposed to be questioning JR, and instead, not only did he fail to stop JR and say , "What do you mean, 'what if'?" (as you mentioned, ghost story). He just goes on and says, "Well, it was." I just want to spit every time I read about Smit. Smit/Spit

The question "What if it was a stranger" could also have been said like this....

"What?!.... If it was a stranger?

My thinking is the Rs refused to admit they knew JonBenet ate the pineapple, because they couldn't afford to be locked into the timeline...because how could PR admit to being with JonBent one minute eating, but then a short time, (?) later, be so sound asleep that she didn't hear this intruder plundering around gathering supplies and writing the note, going and getting JonBenet, and then her torture and murder and maybe screaming and fighting back?

Nice point. I've always believed that JR/PR either overlooked the pineapple (i.e. didn't realize it would be undigested and implicate them), or simply couldn't do anything about it at that point (it's not like they could have retrieved it after the fact).

It probably wouldn't have crossed their minds that JBR's intestines would be opened to reveal that the she eaten pineapple - "and hence" had to have been in the kitchen when the R's stated she was in bed.

It probably wouldn't have crossed their minds that JBR's intestines would be opened to reveal that the she eaten pineapple - "and hence" had to have been in the kitchen when the R's stated she was in bed.
Autopsies are always done when someone is murdered. The crime-drama aficionado who wrote the ransom note would have known that. My own guess is the parents didn't know about the pineapple so they never considered needing to account for it. It was something the kids got into when the parents were upstairs.

Right?! Wasn't that a despicable "interrogation"? Lou Smit - gah!
Smit is supposed to be questioning JR, and instead, not only did he fail to stop JR and say , "What do you mean, 'what if'?" (as you mentioned, ghost story). He just goes on and says, "Well, it was." I just want to spit every time I read about Smit. Smit/Spit

And Smit says "well it was" - Huh? Are we really having a discussion where they are not certain that it was an intruder?

The Rs shouldn't have these types of discussions. The Rs story is that they have a RN, deceased daughter, and no one in the family did it. Period. There should never be any family member entertaining any topic involving family if they believe it is an intruder. The family should be angry at anyone suggesting it wasn't an intruder. Pissed off angry!

Getting off the topic of pineapple I'll end this here.

Autopsies are always done when someone is murdered. The crime-drama aficionado who wrote the ransom note would have known that. My own guess is the parents didn't know about the pineapple so they never considered needing to account for it. It was something the kids got into when the parents were upstairs.

I doubt if the parents would have had the presence of mind to think "Oh heck, she ate pineapple earlier this evening and the autopsy is going to show this fact" (presuming of course that they knew she ate pineapple)

They were in panic mode and had other things on their minds - like staging the scene to look as though an intruder had been in their home and then spending at least half an hour writing that ransom note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back