DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024 #2

It must be as blatantly obvious to the judges, as it is to us, that trump is stalling in the hopes that he will achieve a position that will allow him to pardon himself.

"I am running for presidential candidate, I don't have time for all of these criminal and other charges!"
"I am immune from prosecution!"
"I am allowed to keep classified documents!"
"I am allowed to try to subvert election results ... I should have been elected! The election must have been stolen because everyone knows that I wanted to be president again!"

imo
I deserve to be your president!

Updated 3/3/24

DC – 2020 Election. Trump has been charged with 4 criminal counts:
• Conspiracy to defraud the United States
• Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding
• Obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding
• Conspiracy against rights U.S. District Court, District of Columbia (Washington, DC) Case #23-cr-00257-TSC-1

2/6/24 Update: The federal appeals court has issued a ruling on Trump’s claims of absolute presidential immunity from prosecution for alleged crimes he committed while in office, saying he is NOT immune.
Monday, 3/4/24 @ 9:30am: Order (2/4/24) VACATED. Jury selection & trial scheduled to begin in Special Counsel Jack Smith's four-count felony 2020-election subversion case against Trump. Prosecutors & defense counsel have said the trial is expected to last between eight to 12 weeks for both sides combined to present their cases. Trial was to begin, now held in abeyance pending resolution of immunity appeal.
Trial has been put on HOLD – until decision of U.S. Supreme Court on 4/22/24.
Tuesday, 3/19/24 - Trump brief on the merits, and any amicus curiae briefs in support or in support of neither party, are due in his presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.
Tuesday, 3/26 to Friday, 3/29/24: Disbarment proceeding hearings begin for former Trump DOJ official Jeffrey Clark, a co-defendant of the former president in the Fulton County criminal case & also widely seen as un-indicted "co-conspirator 4" in Special Counsel Jack Smith's 2020-election subversion case against Trump. District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel.
Monday, 4/1 to Friday, 4/5/24: Disbarment proceeding hearings continue for former Trump DOJ official Jeffrey Clark, a co-defendant of the former president in the Fulton County criminal case & also widely seen as un-indicted "co-conspirator 4" in Special Counsel Jack Smith's 2020-election subversion case against Trump. District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel.
Monday, 4/8/24 - Gov’t brief on the merits, and any amicus curiae briefs in support, are due in Trump presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.
Monday, 4/15/24 - Trump reply brief on the merits, if any, is due in his presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.
Monday, 4/22/24 - Oral argument in Trump presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.

Not too sure I want to follow Clark's hearings....

"Sometimes it is said that a man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question" ~Thomas Jefferson

I think that an ungovernable and untrustworthy man has decided HE wants to BE king...and he's no angel.

Wonder what Jefferson would think about his words now, about a certain man called Trump, about his dastardly history being ignored by so many who want to trust America's existence to him? My guess, Thomas is probably rolling in his grave with the nonsensicalness of the currently purposed answer to how men should be governed and by whom. AJMO

I get alerts on Trump's case from the Guardian - they have this:

25 April The US supreme court will hear oral arguments over Trump’s claims that presidential immunity protects him against any criminal charges for his actions in the lead-up to the January 6 insurrection.

I have April 22nd - so I will change my notes....

link: Smirking and smiling: why America’s judges have made Trump gleeful

GOVERNMENT’S OPPOSITION TO DONALD J. TRUMP’S MOTION TO DISMISS THE INDICTMENT BASED ON THE PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT:

“Trump’s reliance on the PRA as a basis for dismissing the indictment is wrong. The PRA does not exempt Trump from the criminal law, entitle him to unilaterally declare highly classified presidential records to be personal records, or shield him from criminal investigations—let alone allow him to obstruct a federal investigation with impunity.”

"Sometimes it is said that a man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question" ~Thomas Jefferson

I think that an ungovernable and untrustworthy man has decided HE wants to BE king...and he's no angel.

Wonder what Jefferson would think about his words now, about a certain man called Trump, about his dastardly history being ignored by so many who want to trust America's existence to him? My guess, Thomas is probably rolling in his grave with the nonsensicalness of the currently purposed answer to how men should be governed and by whom. AJMO

It is so discouraging.

Who knew that the rank brag (I paraphrase), "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and no one would care" would prove so prophetic?

There could be 500 criminal cases pending -- would anything change?

It is so discouraging.

Who knew that the rank brag (I paraphrase), "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and no one would care" would prove so prophetic?

There could be 500 criminal cases pending -- would anything change?
In my area there's a city mayor who was convicted of racketeering, extortion, conspiracy, and bribery; two counts of bribery conspiracy; eight counts of mail fraud, and two counts of filing a false tax return. He was sentenced to 9 years (served 7) and fined 400 grand+. 5 years after release he was re-elected and has been since, even with new accusations of corruption, FBI investigations too.. He even ran for Govenor in between all this. Oh and he was also disbarred (that one has stuck).

My point in laying all this out...a convicted felon still allowed to run and govern going on 20 years now. Can't vote for himself but can be elected by other's votes. I see this and then all these charges for Trump. Hope the Federal laws about being a President are different than CT's laws on who can run for mayor/govenor of it's largest city and the whole state.

This Trump stuff all feels like a horror movie playing out :eek:

In my area there's a city mayor who was convicted of racketeering, extortion, conspiracy, and bribery; two counts of bribery conspiracy; eight counts of mail fraud, and two counts of filing a false tax return. He was sentenced to 9 years (served 7) and fined 400 grand+. 5 years after release he was re-elected and has been since, even with new accusations of corruption, FBI investigations too.. He even ran for Govenor in between all this. Oh and he was also disbarred (that one has stuck).

My point in laying all this out...a convicted felon still allowed to run and govern going on 20 years now. Can't vote for himself but can be elected by other's votes. I see this and then all these charges for Trump. Hope the Federal laws about being a President are different than CT's laws on who can run for mayor/govenor of it's largest city and the whole state.

This Trump stuff all feels like a horror movie playing out :eek:
Was Trump’s amusement park tax deal the Mayor’s first scandal?

A book is releasing on Tuesday .... Disproven by Ken Block.

The trump campaign had hired him to investigate 2020 election fraud. He found flaws in the trump analysis claiming election fraud, and found there was no fraud. So nobody heard about his extensive investigation and the result.

The trump campaign had also hired Berkeley Research Group to investigate their claims of election fraud. Same thing. No fraud found, so the public didn't hear about it.

(Ken Block was smart .. he insisted on an upfront payment for his research, which the trump campaign paid.)

A book is releasing on Tuesday .... Disproven by Ken Block.

The trump campaign had hired him to investigate 2020 election fraud. He found flaws in the trump analysis claiming election fraud, and found there was no fraud. So nobody heard about his extensive investigation and the result.

The trump campaign had also hired Berkeley Research Group to investigate their claims of election fraud. Same thing. No fraud found, so the public didn't hear about it.

(Ken Block was smart .. he insisted on an upfront payment for his research, which the trump campaign paid.)

Despite those investigations and 60 judges who reviewed the so called evidence for fraud (finding none), his acolytes believe there was fraud including my husband (sigh)--- you cannot shake these people from their position--- and remember Fox paid multi-mullions for pushing lies about voting machines (when they knew there was no fraud)-- doesn't matter to those people and there are millions of them!

Last edited:
Yes, it is possible, and I'm still baffled--and angry-- as to why it is possible.

There seems to be no interest on either side of the Congressional aisle to fix what is clearly broken on both sides of the aisle. It has nothing to do with political party and everything to do with common sense.

JMO

It must be as blatantly obvious to the judges, as it is to us, that trump is stalling in the hopes that he will achieve a position that will allow him to pardon himself.

"I am running for presidential candidate, I don't have time for all of these criminal and other charges!"
"I am immune from prosecution!"
"I am allowed to keep classified documents!"
"I am allowed to try to subvert election results ... I should have been elected! The election must have been stolen because everyone knows that I wanted to be president again!"

imo
It’s so weird that you brought that up. Because that’s exactly what I’ve been hearing about Biden. That he insists on running for President again, even given his compromised mental state and age. All so he can pardon, and protect his family from criminal prosecution. You might have a point.

It’s so weird that you brought that up. Because that’s exactly what I’ve been hearing about Biden. That he insists on running for President again, even given his compromised mental state and age. All so he can pardon, and protect his family from criminal prosecution. You might have a point.

That can be fixed by mandating that a president may pardon only a person who is at arms length, excluding him or herself and any family members.

Time to write your congressional representative.

Updated 3/13/24

• Conspiracy against rights U.S. District Court, District of Columbia (Washington, DC) Case #23-cr-00257-TSC-1

2/6/24 Update: The federal appeals court has issued a ruling on Trump’s claims of absolute presidential immunity from prosecution for alleged crimes he committed while in office, saying he is NOT immune.
Monday, 3/4/24 @ 9:30am: Order (2/4/24) VACATED. Jury selection & trial scheduled to begin in Special Counsel Jack Smith's four-count felony 2020-election subversion case against Trump. Prosecutors & defense counsel have said the trial is expected to last between eight to 12 weeks for both sides combined to present their cases. Trial was to begin, now held in abeyance pending resolution of immunity appeal.
Trial has been put on HOLD – until decision of U.S. Supreme Court on 4/25/24.
Tuesday, 3/19/24 - Trump brief on the merits, and any amicus curiae briefs in support or in support of neither party, are due in his presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.
Tuesday, 3/26 to Friday, 3/29/24: Disbarment proceeding hearings begin for former Trump DOJ official Jeffrey Clark, a co-defendant of the former president in the Fulton County criminal case & also widely seen as un-indicted "co-conspirator 4" in Special Counsel Jack Smith's 2020-election subversion case against Trump. District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel.
Monday, 4/1 to Friday, 4/5/24: Disbarment proceeding hearings continue for former Trump DOJ official Jeffrey Clark, a co-defendant of the former president in the Fulton County criminal case & also widely seen as un-indicted "co-conspirator 4" in Special Counsel Jack Smith's 2020-election subversion case against Trump. District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel.
Monday, 4/8/24 - Gov’t brief on the merits, and any amicus curiae briefs in support, are due in Trump presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.
Monday, 4/15/24 - Trump reply brief on the merits, if any, is due in his presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.
Thursday, 4/25/24 - Oral argument in Trump presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.

Updated 4/10/24

• Conspiracy against rights
U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan presiding. Prosecution: Thomas Windom, Molly Gulland Gaston, J.P. Cooney & James Pearce all lead attorneys. Defense attorneys: John F. Lauro, lead attorney, Emil Bove, Fitzah I. Pavalon, Pro Hac Vice, Todd Blanche, Pro Hac Vice & Attorney Will Scharf. U.S. District Court, District of Columbia (Washington, DC) Case #23-cr-00257-TSC-1
Trial has been put on HOLD – pending decision of U.S. Supreme Court on 4/25/24 on Trump’s presidential immunity appeal.
Thursday, 4/25/24 - Oral argument in Trump presidential immunity appeal before the US Supreme Court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtCoroner
Back