DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

HANDOUT_RelishaRudd14AgePhoto2.jpg

Age-progressed photo shows what 14-year-old Relisha Rudd might look like nearly 6 years after disappearance

FEB 28, 2020
Petition calls for increasing reward to find Relisha Rudd, who went missing at 8 years old
[...]

“Some of the things we’re trying to do to stimulate the process of generating leads, we want to up her reward,” Long said.

In a new petition, Long says he’d like to raise the reward to $75,000 in Relisha’s case.

“We’re going to keep looking until we find those remains,” he said. “This was a vulnerable member of our society.”

Community members will distribute fliers with Relisha’s picture on Sunday at 4:00 PM at Bladensburg Road and New York Avenue NE.

Anna-Lysa Gayle on Twitter
It has been nearly six years since she disappeared from a shelter. More tonight, on the community’s efforts, at 10 & 11 PM @ABC7News. https://twitter.com/AnnaLysaGayle/status/1233543251354963968/photo/2
ER5tCw9WAAEM7ow
ER5tCyZXUAAf281

4:03 PM · Feb 28, 202

March 1st, 2020 marks 6 years since #RelishaRudd disappeared. She was 8 years old the last time she was seen on March 1, 2014 on a surveillance video in a DC motel.

NCMEC forensic artists depict what she may look like today at age 14. We'll never stop searching for you #HOPE

(video)

NCMEC on Twitter

Hey Everyone,

I will be discussing the Relisha Rudd case tonight live on our Websleuths YouTube channel. 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. I'll hope you will join us.

CLICK HERE for Websleuths YouTube. Don't forget to hit the subscribe button and tap on the bell so you can get notifications when we go live.

Websleuths YouTube is live every Tuesday through Friday at 10PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific. Saturday and Sunday 11 PM Eastern.

Hope you will join us. We have a live chat going and it is a great way to get to know your fellow Websleuths members :)

Last edited:
Does anyone think she could still be alive? Sadly I think it sounds slim considering the items Khalil Tatum bought before he killed himself. I live in the DC area and I still remember them searching kenilworth park for her remains after Tatum was found dead. Case still sticks with me and the DC police dept. holding back so much info. Something needs to be done.

Does anyone think she could still be alive? Sadly I think it sounds slim considering the items Khalil Tatum bought before he killed himself. I live in the DC area and I still remember them searching kenilworth park for her remains after Tatum was found dead. Case still sticks with me and the DC police dept. holding back so much info. Something needs to be done.
I remember watching the live feed of the search for him in the park that day and thinking we'd have answers. It is so frustrating that we still aren't 100% what happened to Relisha and where she is. I also don't think she's alive.

@MayorBowser
Relisha: We're not giving up on you. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Relisha Rudd, please contact MPD.

Text Tips: 50411

DC Police Department
@DCPoliceDept

Today marks 7 years since #RelishaRudd went missing, and we have never given up our search for her. If anyone has any information about her disappearance, we encourage you to please call (202) 727-9099/text 50411.

https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/1366395298650595328/photo/2

These videos about Relisha’s disappearance just popped up on my YT feed:

1 year ago:

See comment at 5:55 by LE officer when reporter asks if she was seen coming out of the hotel room - She says they can not release this information, as far as what videos they have available to them, due to it being an ongoing investigation:

Last edited:
In the above second video, note the Police Officer uses the words “wrong direction” re: the Grandmother (7:00ish). (Yes we all know KT is the perp, just noting FTR.)

Additionally at the end of the second video, there is mention of another girl, age 14, who went missing. It was determined that she was a victim of sex trafficking, and sent to Los Angeles (making note to rewatch that part).

As I mentioned, I do think that Relisha died at the hands at KT, specifically because of the trash bags and lye, but I just wanted to note, re: the trafficking of the above mentioned 14 year old victim, the words “homeless shelter” stick out, and I wonder (generally) and wonder if perhaps some of these monsters who participate in such atrocities start targeting children in these shelters, where they are extra vulnerable.

So, re: 14 year old who was trafficked to LA, was that a “ring”, I wonder.

(@charminglane)

Last edited:
In the above second video, note the Police Officer uses the words “wrong direction” re: the Grandmother (7:00ish). (Yes we all know KT is the perp, just noting FTR.)

Additionally at the end of the second video, there is mention of another girl, age 14, who went missing. It was determined that she was a victim of sex trafficking, and sent to Los Angeles (making note to rewatch that part).

As I mentioned, I do think that Relisha died at the hands at KT, specifically because of the trash bags and lye, but I just wanted to note, re: the trafficking of the above mentioned 14 year old victim, the words “homeless shelter” stick out, and I wonder (generally) and wonder if perhaps some of these monsters who participate in such atrocities start targeting children in these shelters, where they are extra vulnerable.

So, re: 14 year old who was trafficked to LA, was that a “ring”, I wonder.

(@charminglane)
I absolutely think it's a factor--they have mentioned how he would take her places, buy her things, etc. and I think being in the homeless shelter probably made her a target for grooming at minimum. Also, if her mom didn't want her in that environment or was just stressed/had her hands full she could have been more apt to let her get out of that shelter for a day (or any parent in that situation, not just Relisha's mom)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back