DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what we seem to know(corrections appreciated.)

He was happy at his former job but subsequently fired.

He is involved in a very expensive sport and planned to attend two pricey events this summer.

Neither SS or his company is listed as a sponsor.

Being Director of Marketing, appearing in ad photos in previous job...becomes driving a rich guy to work and back.

He knows welding.

He likes SS's cars.

DW is apprehended with a truck that is a mobile auto/truck repair service.

He's lied to police about certain key facts.

He dropped off the money but never checked that the boss got it..thereby covering his own derrière.

The last call was from SS phone to him.

All of this could mean NOTHING. And that is a likely possibility. But I ask again, how often in the charging document for a different person, does LE refers to lies by someone completely different? Is that common? I honestly don't know.

His father lived a few hundred yards from where the Porsche was torched.

I think he was up to committing another similar crime .. This time he brought a box truck and some friends so he wouldn't have to worry about getting cash sent to the house, he could just go right ahead and fill the truck with easy to sell valuables, that's my theory ..

You don't need to drive 230 miles for that and if you're insistent upon driving 230 miles, you don't have drive 230 miles to be right near the same place you did it last time where people are going to be the most paranoid and most familiar with your face. If he was caught in Maine under this scenario, I could see that as a possibility or if he had never gone to NY I could see that, but taking a 5+ hour road trip to do this to someone else just doesn't seem like the most likely explanation to me.

I think he was up to committing another similar crime .. This time he brought a box truck and some friends so he wouldn't have to worry about getting cash sent to the house, he could just go right ahead and fill the truck with easy to sell valuables, that's my theory ..

Ok, I'll play. Why DC? There are rich people all over the place. Why not take the truck to a place where there wasn't just a high-profile similar crime and where all of LE was not necessarily looking for you?

If you belive whatever the surviving housekeepr NG is saying, she claimed the family even sometimes left the doors open.
In that case the suspect could have simply walked right in.

True. But he would be in a stronger position if he could walk in with a knife to VF's throat.

I wonder too as SS said they were "going through some stuff with Philip". SS was no doubt trying to alert NG.

I just got the impression that it was normal for PS to be shouting. Even when she knew they were all dead she never acknowledged his shouting as being out of the ordinary. She said SS sounded tense and she was surprised AS was sick, when she thought she had been due to go out, and it was odd that the other HK was staying the night but she never mentions PS at all.

I have just explained why I am replying to this post, that may have already been replied to...

But LEO has already stated that the assistant was at a hardware store at 11:30 and then in other areas at the time of the fire. He was not involved in setting the house on fire and stealing the Porsche. Y'all can continue to try to put the assistant in places where he is involved, but not in places where LEO has confirmed he wasn't!

I wouldn't feel my responsibilities were over until the money safely reached my bosses hands. I would be very nervous dropping 40k cash in an unlocked car, and just leaving it. I would be calling my employer and checking in, until I knew it was retrieved. JMO

So I just did a bunch of sleuthtastic stuff- and found the broke racers instagram- this may be a coincidence but he's welding. the car. welding- AIW- DW? Connection?

Check it out.

View attachment 75243

link: http://ilovegram.com/brokeracersclub

I am really going to try and keep an open mind until LE makes more arrests.
I used to run with a group in my 20's and a few of the guys literally lived and breathed racing and all had imports and were always fixing them up. They had a couple main garages they hung at and they competed in races all around country. They all worked part time jobs at "car places" and spent money mostly on fixing up their cars.
Given I only partied with them on weekends but they were all really great guys and had bad *advertiser censored* cars they were super passionate about. I seriously could not imagine any of them being involved in something like this but I could see them flashin' cash in a selfie and taking pics in fancy cars!

Ok, I'll play. Why DC? There are rich people all over the place. Why not take the truck to a place where there wasn't just a high-profile similar crime and where all of LE was not necessarily looking for you?

I'm not sure .. Maybe he chose this area the first time because he feels comfortable there?

That photo of the burned car seemed to be posted by a completely different guy who lives in a different state.

Yes, it is. But since other people had already seen it, I edited the post with the correction instead of deleting it. Should I just delete the whole thing? I'm new here, so I'm asked NG sincerely what is the best practice if I again find myself posting something that I later learn is not germane.

As a welder, I wonder how easy it would be to melt off or remove the VIN numbers and then solder on or even make fake ones. Anyone????

They put VIN numbers in many different places now: near the windshield right by glass, on metal under carpet- I would think you can blow torch off a hunk of metal and reattach one. Or you could just file it off like ppl do with guns.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I just got the impression that it was normal for PS to be shouting. Even when she knew they were all dead she never acknowledged his shouting as being out of the ordinary. She said SS sounded tense and she was surprised AS was sick, when she thought she had been due to go out, and it was odd that the other HK was staying the night but she never mentions PS at all.

Nope, she sure doesn't. And I find that strange, along with the fact there's no mention of her calling SS in the morning after she listened to it. Or VF'S husband.

Yes, it is. But since other people had already seen it, I edited the post with the correction instead of deleting it. Should I just delete the whole thing? I'm new here, so I'm asked NG sincerely what is the best practice if I again find myself posting something that I later learn is not germane.

I just post and put the disclaimer that I am not sure and if need be for mods to edit or snip.

It's really just a thing where you just use your best judgement. It may end up being okay and helpful! Don't worry too much. As long as you're not purposely repeatedly breaking TOS you're good :)

I'm not sure .. Maybe he chose this area the first time because he feels comfortable there?

The news said he was in NYC, and I'm sure he knew they were there, so what better place to go than where they think you're not? Back to DC. I think he even tried to outsmart them by giving phone to gf, but they still tracked him down with whatever replacement phone he was using.

That was in the very first reports. Have we heard anything more about that since then? With the awful misreporting and flat out wrong reporting on this case...and since we know for a fact he had already spent an entire night with DDW, and that he was trying to alert people in sadly, vague ways...I would like to hear from this sister again and what she now thinks about that alleged phone call.

And this is NOT an "accusation" type post. Not directed at you at all...

I have a feeling that SS was trying NOT to cause anyone to call LE. If his little boy was duct taped and held by knifepoint, I am sure that the monster already said he would slit his son's throat if he saw any cop cars arriving.

The martial arts center is in Virginia. AIW's office is in Maryland.

In case I missed someone else responding, the dojo is next to the American Institute of Welding, a school started by AIW people including SS.

Nope, she sure doesn't. And I find that strange, along with the fact there's no mention of her calling SS in the morning after she listened to it. Or VF'S husband.

Yet she's all "it was all so weird. They would never have us sleep over. So bizarre!" And does nothing about it. She worked for them for 20 years.

I'll never understand why people don't question things instead of ignoring them. It's like the people who see someone getting attacked with a hammer on the subway but stand around taking video instead of trying to find help.

The news said he was in NYC, and I'm sure he knew they were there, so what better place to go than where they think you're not? Back to DC. I think he even tried to outsmart them by giving phone to gf, but they still tracked him down with whatever replacement phone he was using.

I was thinking about that phone, wouldn't you think he'd have bought a burner? If so would LE have been able to get a number on that phone by following the couple (or girlfriend) to the store where they bought it via her own phone pings?

In case I missed someone else responding, the dojo is next to the American Institute of Welding, a school started by AIW people including SS.

Oh wow! I had no idea. I mean I guess it does make sense to have multiple business interests near each other.

What is your explanation for why DW left NY to travel back over 200 miles to be within 10 miles of the scene of the crime before he was arrested with him being in a convoy with his brother driving a specialized box truck and toting around loads of cash?

Simple. He was from DC. He had loads of cash because he just successfully did a home invasion that netted him 40k. The box truck? No idea. Maybe to move his stuff out of DC. Going back to a locked down crime scene? Lol, not even the stupidest criminal would think that one up.

I was thinking about that phone, wouldn't you think he'd have bought a burner? If so would LE have been able to get a number on that phone by following the couple (or girlfriend) to the store where they bought it via her own phone pings?

They did ping the replacement phone. What I don't know is whether it was a burner phone or his gf's phone (possible trade?), but my guess is gf informed them of nr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko