DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. What I've said is it is a possibility. I see many possible things that could have happened in this case, which for instance is why I've said I wanted to better know the circumstances of when SS was seen the day before as I think he could have been under some form of duress then. NG has said some things about that day, but I don't know what to believe from her and one AIW employee is said to have seen SS at the dojo...who all was at the dojo? What was SS doing while he was there? Did he go anywhere else that day besides the dojo? How long was he there? Did he really receive a call from AS or is that something NG made up? Certain things we know about Wednesday only come from a potentially very unreliable NG.

All true. And it will just kill me if a woman who cared for those kids their whole lives would have them killed for 20k. :cry:

Interesting thoughts. To operate an investment business post-Madoff - you would need to be pretty clean. I'm not sure what the cash limits are to take funds out of the US or into Puerto Rico, but I'm sure SS would have stayed within legal limits. And you can easily send a wire instead.
Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. That's one reason it's an attractive tax haven, because one can retain U.S. citizenship while being a permanent resident (at least half the year) in Puerto Rico.

There are no limits for carrying cash on U.S. flights. Travel outside the U.S., cash has to be declared.

Wires are traceable events. Cash is traceable only to the point it becomes cash.

Source: http://www.airsafe.com/issues/baggage/cash.htm

First time posting but have lurked here for years. I have followed this from the start and I am wondering why people keep saying DW had a machete. I know years ago he was caught with one. Now it is being repeatedly referred to like fact that he had one during this awful crime. Its just causing me confusion. Has LE said he used one and I some how missed it?

The machete is just speculation because DW had a previous arrest when he had one in his possession. I don't think he had one during this crime as it wasn't mentioned in the charging documents. I suppose it's possible a machete (I really have no idea how big a machete is) would fit in a bucket and perhaps that's why the bucket wasn't left to burn in the porsche.

CNN Jake Tapper - Pam Brown report -

- Detectives following trail of money
- Two people in car with Wint cashed money orders for $2,500 each
- Wint took bus to NY
- After he was named a suspect an UBER driver drove him back to DC
- W1 is still curious (my words)

3 p.m.: Veralicia Figueroa is supposed to leave the Savopoulos home for the day, according to Nalitza Gutierrez

IMO NG did not know that VF was working for SS after her day ended at 3pm.

5 p.m. : Amy Savopoulos calls her husband asking him to come home to watch Phillip, because she has plans.

This fact here I am not sure how to take, this could be where it is thought wint entered the home. With it saying it was a "call" and saying that Amy asked him to come home leads me to believe the associate was privy to what was said. jmo

9:30 p.m. : Savvas Savopoulos calls Gutierrez and leaves a message saying his wife is sick and that Figueroa would be spending the night.

This is the first call out, (if you will) that was made from the home after wint was there, imo

bbm from the article, my comments follow.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2015/05/21/nw-dc-quadruple-homicide/27752071/

I can't imagine that Amy would go out and wint would come back with her and the housekeeper would still be there. Seems that for her to be there he would have come back with them. I just don't see her finding his way to their home on his own. jmo idk just doesn't make sense tat it goes from Amy going out to Amy is sick. jmo

CNN Jake Tapper - Pam Brown report -

- Detectives following trail of money
- Two people in car with Wint cashed money orders for $2,500 each
- Wint took bus to NY
- After he was named a suspect an UBER driver drove him back to DC
- W1 is still curious (my words)

So the $1K car trip that was originally reported as what it cost him to go to NY was actually what it cost him to leave NY? That makes sense that he wouldn't care about people seeing his face when he didn't know he was wanted, but paying a huge premium to have as few strangers see his face as possible once he was named.

So the $1K car trip that was originally reported as what it cost him to go to NY was actually what it cost him to leave NY? That makes sense that he wouldn't care about people seeing his face when he didn't know he was wanted, but paying a huge premium to have as few strangers see his face as possible once he was named.
I only ever saw it reported as he took a bus to NY. Not saying somewhere it wasn't reported otherwise.

It doesn't appear Witness 1 had regular hours.

Just fantasizing here with NO facts, what if he did like to drive over and show off the cars to his Dad or neighborhood acquaintances on his spare time. What if he parked the car and was giving them a good look and DW and posse walked up...and he started talking about this family he worked for. DW could say.."oh, yeah, I used to work for his company too."

Witness One could say..."Well, I gotta get the car back." And DW could say.."Hey, where does he live again?"

It could have been as simple as that.

No shock if Witness One was showing off these cars; no shock, if DW who has his own pictures of hot cars (he could never own) on his Facebook...wouldn't be drawn like like a magnet if he saw such a car in the neighborhood.

Hmmmm... I can see W1 showing off in his dad's neighborhood, but I don't know that W1 would give Wint the time of day. They are just so different. I can't imagine W1 talking to Wint and I'm guessing Wint wouldn't like W1 that much either.

I think W1 identified with the high-end racing crowd, into athletics, and wanted to be rubbing elbows with the SS types, not the Wints of the world.

It seems like there could be a connection between W1 and Wint, but nothing really fits.

The one thing that bugs me is the video of the guy carrying the bucket. That person moves more like I would expect the lean W1 to move, not the shorter and bulky-muscled Wint to move. But LE says it's Wint, so....

I wonder if LE tracked his Uber drive. My daughter uses Uber and she has to do it all on her cell and it leaves a huge online trail. I wonder if LE had that cell being tracked already?

So we see the kind of help his brothers gave him:
According to DNA New York, Wint’s girlfriend, who name was not released, called police on Thursday to say he had been staying with her since the attack.

She claimed she knew nothing about the crime or that he was on the run until his name and picture began to circulate the media on Thursday morning. At that point, she said, he left to seek help from his brothers, who are based in D.C.
http://theweeklychallenger.com/kill...-family-spent-1000-on-cab-fair-from-ny-to-dc/

Hmmmm... I can see W1 showing off in his dad's neighborhood, but I don't know that W1 would give Wint the time of day. They are just so different. I can't imagine W1 talking to Wint and I'm guessing Wint wouldn't like W1 that much either.

I think W1 identified with the high-end racing crowd, into athletics, and wanted to be rubbing elbows with the SS types, not the Wints of the world.

It seems like there could be a connection between W1 and Wint, but nothing really fits.

The one thing that bugs me is the video of the guy carrying the bucket. That person moves more like I would expect the lean W1 to move, not the shorter and bulky-muscled Wint to move. But LE says it's Wint, so....

In My Opinion, if Daron and his homies crowded around W1 in his expensive car, W1 would wet his pants. :facepalm:

Then why ask for a mere $40K? I don't see what motive DW would have to ask for that amount if it was DW's idea or if it was SS's idea why he'd come up with that figure to offer DW as to at least offering in the six figures for the lives of him and his family. SS doesn't come across as a cheapskate that he'd put such a low value on his family as that.

Since banks don't keep a lot of cash on hand anymore perhaps that is all BOA was able to hand out on short notice? Maybe SS asked for a lot more and was still trying to get more during the flurry of phone calls before noon. And in general response to other posts, SS was breaking no regulations by withdrawing his own cash. However much it was. I'm sure the AML software at BOA kicked in and a CTR was generated automatically. Even if done at different branches for amounts under $10,000 at each branch, the daily AML reports would have caught it and aggregated the amounts and a CTR would have been filed at this point. Customer does not have to be present for that report to generate. The IRS/Treasury receives millions of these reports every year. Not a big deal. What is a big deal is a SAR regarding suspicious activity in relation to fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, etc. And the customer is NEVER to be informed that a SAR is being filed. I just don't see that bank management was skirting regulations. IMO.

I wonder if LE tracked his Uber drive. My daughter uses Uber and she has to do it all on her cell and it leaves a huge online trail. I wonder if LE had that cell being tracked already?

ETA: Uber makes me nervous. So my 23 yr old says "Look Mom, if you have my cell records you can see what time I was picked up and who the driver was, if I go missing...." :slap:

And believe you would need a credit card or debit card with CC logo to order Uber car

3 p.m.: Veralicia Figueroa is supposed to leave the Savopoulos home for the day, according to Nalitza Gutierrez

IMO NG did not know that VF was working for SS after her day ended at 3pm.

5 p.m. : Amy Savopoulos calls her husband asking him to come home to watch Phillip, because she has plans.

This fact here I am not sure how to take, this could be where it is thought wint entered the home. With it saying it was a "call" and saying that Amy asked him to come home leads me to believe the associate was privy to what was said. jmo

9:30 p.m. : Savvas Savopoulos calls Gutierrez and leaves a message saying his wife is sick and that Figueroa would be spending the night.

This is the first call out, (if you will) that was made from the home after wint was there, imo

bbm from the article, my comments follow.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/dc/2015/05/21/nw-dc-quadruple-homicide/27752071/

I can't imagine that Amy would go out and wint would come back with her and the housekeeper would still be there. Seems that for her to be there he would have come back with them. I just don't see her finding his way to their home on his own. jmo idk just doesn't make sense tat it goes from Amy going out to Amy is sick. jmo

If Amy went out and Phillip was home sick, I think the housekeeper might stay...because she was too responsible or kind hearted to leave a sick child alone in the house. IF Amy was carjacked...that might be how he gained entry...with Amy. Then they wait for SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
becebooboo