DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so this contradicts all thoughts we had that Philip missed school Wed. He was in school it appears. Hmm

I wonder who picked him up from school. We know SS was in Chantilly. Is that something JW would do? NG said Vera wanted to leave at 3 pm. She also said SS told her that AS called him at 6 PM and told him PS was sick. Maybe that's the family's code word for "help! but don't call police."

I've not seen anything that puts JW in Chantilly on Wednesday at 6, which is odd because JW was his driver.

LE said they would soon release sealed search warrants. I think we'll be better able to connect the dots.

JMO

Robert Hodge, a former vice president at American Iron Works, said his boss was a “gentle man” who was not an aloof chief executive. Hodge said Savopoulos had an open-door policy and made it a point to meet with workers when he went to job sites. Savvas often showed up to work in jeans.

That human touch was paired with a formidable work ethic and attention to detail, Hodge said. Savvas toiled long hours and had an intimate knowledge of each of the company’s projects. Hodge described Savvas and his father as the soul of the company.

The elder Savopoulos has stepped back into the role of running the company with Savvas’s death. Hodge said he didn’t know how Philip Savopoulos was coping. Family members declined to comment for this report.

“Losing him is hard to take,” Hodge said. “A little piece of our hearts are gone.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5e24-0545-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html
So sad. They seemed like such a lovely family. They all adored their little boy. The surviving sisters were so proud of him and in love. I feel so bad for them. I can't imagine how life will be for them now. :(

I am not going to try and defend any of JW's actions anymore. This is a tough room. :whiteflag:

I guess since my own son is the same age and looks very much like him, :sigh: , I just don't want it to be true.

I have a child a bit younger, and I don't want it to be anyone. The thing is, for a lot of criminals who do horrible, horrible things, they don't look like monsters. If you didn't know the younger brother Boston Marathon bomber had done what he did, would you ever imagine it?! Sociopaths are often very charming, capable of making people feel stupid/racist/silly/unkind for feeling concerned/threatened. Most people would not right off say "Oh, yeah, I bet he's a serial rapist", which is why a serial rapist can repeatedly get close to victims.

They did, early on when Lanier announced Wint's name, etc. The guy in the video looks less stocky than Wint. But you are right about LE saying they thought it was him. It just doesn't look like him to me... :)

LE might have used that to obtain the search warrant for Wint's father's house. Doesn't mean LE continue to hold that same opinion as evidence evolved.

JMO

I would think that Amy picked up PS from school. But I do not have any proof of course. Just thinking as a Mom , if my young child was newly back in school after an injury, I would be picking him up the first couple of days. He had 2 sprained knees so he was not walking or taking the bus, imo.

I wonder who picked him up from school. We know SS was in Chantilly. Is that something JW would do? NG said Vera wanted to leave at 3 pm. She also said SS told her that AS called him at 6 PM and told him PS was sick. Maybe that's the family's code word for "help! but don't call police."

I've not seen anything that puts JW in Chantilly on Wednesday at 6, which is odd because JW was his driver.

LE said they would soon release sealed search warrants. I think we'll be better able to connect the dots.

JMO

PS did not attend school on at least Wednesday (5/13) due to the stated reason of his concussion and so far we don't know about Tuesday (5/12). I would think if AS was free and there was a change in PS's condition that she would have sent out an update on that that PS wasn't as well as they hoped.

They did, early on when Lanier announced Wint's name, etc. The guy in the video looks less stocky than Wint. But you are right about LE saying they thought it was him. It just doesn't look like him to me... :)

Video does odd things visually. Another thread on WS about the murder (in DC!) of David Messerschmidt had many discussions about the suspect's body vs the image on the security video. Short, stocky on the video, real life: 6' tall beanpole. Even after she admitted to it, it was still hard to reconcile the visuals.

I would think that Amy picked up PS from school. But I do not have any proof of course. Just thinking as a Mom , if my young child was newly back in school after an injury, I would be picking him up the first couple of days. He had 2 sprained knees so he was not walking or taking the bus, imo.

If his family had a driver, I think it likely the driver picked him up. He hadn't been sick but had been injured doing something awesome that musta impressed his young classmates so I think the little guy wouldn't want Mommy picking him up but of course, we don't know. I bet one of his classmates knows.

JMO

How do we know that JW was a welder? There was a photo on one of his social media accounts showing the back of someone welding in a car. But, in my opinion, that person was not JW doing the welding.

I have a video of him welding, but don't know if I'm allowed to post it...

PS did not attend school on at least Wednesday (5/13) due to the stated reason of his concussion and so far we don't know about Tuesday (5/12). I would think if AS was free and there was a change in PS's condition that she would have sent out an update on that that PS wasn't as well as they hoped.

Sent an update to who, exactly? I thought the mother's fb post said he would be back in school. Has the school confirmed he didn't go to school that day?

JMO

Good point. I also wonder if DC/MD use traffic/stoplight cameras, then LE may be able to tell what car JW used at store. If so and if they can trace DDW's movements in Porsche after he left Savapoulos home, then LE may be able to tell who was driving away from scene and who else was in the car (assuming LE can trace DDW's driving route and my guess is LE will be able to). Unless person ducking in seat. I wonder if anyone in Savapoulos' neighborhood has video/cameras from the weeks/time prior to the crimes, and it may have perp(s) on video scoping out home. Idk, jmo

There should definitely be cameras in the Lowe's parking lot as well as inside. Also, TONS of traffic cameras near the S house and along the route to New York Avenue.

Sent an update to who, exactly?

The same people that she sent the update that he would be going to school.

I thought the mother's fb post said he would be back in school. Has the school confirmed he didn't go to school that day?

That's what I'm getting at and why I find it so curious that he didn't go to school on at least 5/13. We haven't heard anything about 5/12 and I'd like to know what and when the school was told.

The same people that she sent the update that he would be going to school.

That's what I'm getting at and why I find it so curious that he didn't go to school on at least 5/13. We haven't heard anything about 5/12 and I'd like to know what and when the school was told.

It sounds to me that he did go to school on Tuesday, 5/12.

Perhaps he went to school on Tuesday, and his knees hurt or he had a headache. So he stayed home the next day?

I could see JW seeking financing through non-traditional banking channels and agreeing to do certain things for his creditors in order to extinguish his debt and prevent medical issues from arising.

I'm thanking you not because I necessarily agree with you, but because that was really funny...

Wow this case really has a hold on people.

Seven threads in and we know only a handful more details than we knew 48 hours after the initial story broke. :/

Thank you. Also from the article it sounds like PS got injured pretty badly since he had to be hospitalized, but it sounds like the plan was that he would have attended school that week...I wonder if he had gone to school that Tuesday and if saying he's missing school due to that was part of the kidnapping:

I also wonder who else AS is referring to about the other concussions, like if AS herself or SS had been injured as well and if that could have been a factor in gaining control of the house.

At some point it was said that her daughter had a concussion or two and that was what she was talking about. From what I remember. Nothing factual. But also believable.

<modsnip>... yeah, I do count that as :moo: think PS was only eligible for Autobahn - as his age wouldn't allow him to participate in more competitive.....

HTH

http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

I'm not sure what's what in the Kart world but I did find PS listed on the Provisional TaG Cadet Entry List. PS is #22n at the USA Fikse Wheels Pro Tour at the Phoenix Kart Racing Association in Glendale, Arizona on May1st-3rd. http://ekartingnews.com/2015/04/28/...eels-pro-tour-springnationals-preview-part-1/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73