Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

Color of skin is just another outward marker of genetics, not vice-versa. It is possible to distinguish between different ancestral geographic origin. Primarily Italian and Mediterranean DNA is quite different than other "white" DNA.

Yes, but we aren't talking about DNA, we're talking about the accuracy of the "race" and "ethnicity" entries in missing persons and UID profiles, as entered by LE. The information on the UID side usually comes from post-mortem examinations of varying quality, and there's often even less information about the missing person. And often different LE organizations seem to use different standards for who is marked as what--especially since the lists often give limited options.

So sometimes it's a matter of guesswork figuring out how a person might have been listed. or what they might mean by different combinations :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: As I said, I tend to opt for the widest interpretations, but a narrower view is equally valid.

:bump: for image revision

450px-NamUs_UP_7097_Reconstruction_005c.jpg

This looks a lot closer to what I would have thought from the postmortems, but maybe she had more definition in the cheekbones and not quite as heavy in the jaw. Still, I would bet that this recon would be recognizable to someone she knew.

So, I personally think UID is Glenda Tedball from Ontario Canada. This, despite the fact Glenda was reported missing on Halloween 1967 [several months after UID was discovered].

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/553dfon.html

She was murdered by her mother and an accomplice in 1967 [both later confessed] during a botched abortion, and her body never found.

I personally think [admittedly with absolutely nothing to back it up, whatsoever] that Glenda was just not reported missing when she actually died, but much later. Considering mom was the culprit, I don't see this being too farfetched a theory.

Particularly if you compare the MP photo to the up-close PM photo of UID [the 3/4 face view where she has her left eye partially open] , I feel like we are looking at the same person. The teeth don't seem to not match, and Glenda had a full bottom lip like UID.

I know we will never be able to get anywhere with this because the MP's listed missing date... DOENetwork has already declined to submit; but I just had to put it out there anyway, on the off chance that Glenda's reported missing date was a lie.

There would certainly seem to be room for error in that date last seen. Though I have trouble seeing why he would have driven all the way to Delaware, including an international crossing, with her body in the vehicle.

Glenda with Carl's reconstruction:

bear DE jane doe with glenda tedball.png

I do admit that’s a big question mark.

Would it be inappropriate to post a side by side of Glenda and the PM pic? I have one... but I’m not good with making links and things... if I uploaded it, it would just be plainly visible in the body of the post

I don't think the travel time was far. I agree with carbuff about a long drive with a body in the back. The area she was in was somewhat hidden and desolate, which makes me think the driver was familiar with the area. The new jersey laundry bag is significant to me as well. I'm thinking an east coast tie. Maryland is under 15 min from that body site. Being from Delaware myself, new jersey into Delaware into Maryland is a straight stretch of highway.

I don't think the travel time was far. I agree with carbuff about a long drive with a body in the back. The area she was in was somewhat hidden and desolate, which makes me think the driver was familiar with the area. The new jersey laundry bag is significant to me as well. I'm thinking an east coast tie. Maryland is under 15 min from that body site. Being from Delaware myself, new jersey into Delaware into Maryland is a straight stretch of highway.

Y'all are probably right. I think there are a lot of similarities between Glenda and UID -- but not enough to surmount the pretty big discrepancies. I think I got fired up because with the side by side comparison , they appear to have the same eye color too. But yeah, I think it's just a coincidence. Glenda probably isn't her. Thanks yall.

tedball.comparison.PNG

I didn't find Glenda Tedball in the Canada's missing site, but you could still send an email to the RCMP and if they feel it worthy, they may contact the investigators on this case.

Long time for this poor girl to not be identified. Whoever disposed of her body knew she attempted an abortion. That is most likely why they didn't get her medical treatment...scared of criminal repercussion?
I wonder if they did not know of her on a personal level, but maybe as someone who was prefoming these so called abortions out of their home or hotel?

Just a thought. I read that JD was found just hours after her death, & weather very cold. So imo if she came across the Canadian border she very well could have been alive at that time.

I didn't see Glenda on the rule out list, but I see resemblance in her real life photo next to JDs postmortem. Uncanny! I wonder if they compared dna between the 2? I think its unlikely tho, with JDs dna maternal link to persons in VA/NC states. I wonder how that connection could be pursued? Obviously that info should be on record somewhere, as that family denied any knowledge of JD so who did they contact? What about dna for the unborn child's father? So much info not shared.

I didn't see Glenda on the rule out list, but I see resemblance in her real life photo next to JDs postmortem. Uncanny! I wonder if they compared dna between the 2? I think its unlikely tho, with JDs dna maternal link to persons in VA/NC states. I wonder how that connection could be pursued? Obviously that info should be on record somewhere, as that family denied any knowledge of JD so who did they contact? What about dna for the unborn child's father? So much info not shared.

Like mentioned in post #430, contact the RCMP on her case.
Traditionally, Canadians aren't listed on the rule-out list. The only one I'm aware of is Patricia Salamndyk, and I think the only reason they finally added her was because NamUs was inundated with submissions for her, IMHO.

Do we know if the laundry bag and red hair ribbon are still in in existence? Testing could be done for fibers and such.

I don't know if it is or not. I also don't know & wonder if there could possibly be any small remaining clues at the dump site. The construction debris pile was cleaned up many many years ago. But the acres of ground has been left idle, until recently a developer has purchased the ground & will be constructing homes there. Her spot will be in someone's back yard in the future.

If I remember correctly, Glenda Tedball's abortion was mechanical, vs. JD's attempted abortion was chemical. So these two can not be the same person.

Interesting that instead of putting her clothes back on, the person chose to put her in a laundry bag. Doesn't sound like a personal connection to me. More like someone who panicked and wanted to dispose of the body.

What if she went to a hotel/motel, performed the abortion herself in a bathroom, with no clothes on..became very ill, deceased in the room, was found by the owner (or personnel) who grabbed the laundry bag from a cleaning trolley en disposed of her body, not wanting a lot of bad publicity.

I thought of that also! But I pictured her being ill in bed, maybe fever, thus no clothes. Passed away but prob someone with her panicked. I don't get the bag tho. It wasn't big enough for her whole body to fit into, only her legs. Why even bother with it then?? I often think of the type of hotels back then along Rt.40. Small, cheap, prostitutes a little further north. Truckers passing thru. Was she traveling with one of them & that was a resting stop? Still the bag makes little sense to me. And what happened to her clothes? Why not discard them with her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000
Back