Deadly encounters with Gary Hilton-AJC Special Report

Something just doesn't make sense. I don't understand -- Hilton was the prime suspect when Meredith disappeared. Tabor recognized the description and contacted the GBI. Tabor did not believe Hilton could be capable of violence yet he bought a Glock to protect himself and his family from him. He set up a sting yet the GBI didn't play along. The GBI said the area was under surveillance and instructed him to not go to his office and to not give him a check. It was too late. As soon as Tabor promised Hilton $$, he didn't need Meredith anymore. Tabor didn't know that. But, shouldn't the GBI have known that?

Yeah, I think this case was badly botched. When I lived in GA, no one had really high regard for the GBI.
I hate to say it, but as a victim of any crime, it is a miracle when people actually do get rescued....I am not putting down LE in general when I say that, but it just seems to be the way it is....

Lots of things about the Tabor story don't make sense... I think some of it could be Tabor suddenly being a "hero in the limelight" and kinda boasting a little... But there are some inconsistencies that can't be explained by that.

changing the subject just a little, Hilton called Tabor out of the blue, asking for money. didn't he also call "an old girlfriend" for money around the same time? Who is the old girlfriend and why haven't we heard more about/from her?

Lots of things about the Tabor story don't make sense... I think some of it could be Tabor suddenly being a "hero in the limelight" and kinda boasting a little... But there are some inconsistencies that can't be explained by that.

changing the subject just a little, Hilton called Tabor out of the blue, asking for money. didn't he also call "an old girlfriend" for money around the same time? Who is the old girlfriend and why haven't we heard more about/from her?

Good points; we still haven't heard anything from any ex-wife or family. Hope they're helping investigators establish where he's been over the years.

Here is a deposition by John Tabor, (with his wife as his attorney) in which Mack Hilton is discussed on pgs 11-16, and then again beginning on pg 36.
http://hometown.aol.com/rmckin2146/index.html

The homeowner and others discuss Hilton on the wikizine
http://www.zimbio.com/Gary+Michael+Hilton/articles/1/Welcome+wikizine+Gary+Michael+Hilton+Meredith

....we still haven't heard anything from any ex-wife or family. Hope they're helping investigators establish where he's been over the years.
If I had any connection to this guy I certainly wouldn't be talking to the media. To LE yes, but not to the media at all
Here is a deposition by John Tabor, (with his wife as his attorney) in which Mack Hilton is discussed on pgs 11-16, and then again beginning on pg 36.
http://hometown.aol.com/rmckin2146/index.html
Tabor is a real questionable piece of work. Read the whole deposition.

If I had any connection to this guy I certainly wouldn't be talking to the media.

No kidding, the paparrazi would be awful. Still, it is curious that his marriages were each for only a year or so. I read that one wife was a security guard at Stone Mountain Park (near Atlanta), and I wonder if any sleuthers can find the doenetwork link to the female security guard who was killed at Stone Mountain? I spent a whole day looking through doenetwork with my jaw on the floor when I discovered WS last month, but I have no idea where this woman was listed.

Tabor is a real questionable piece of work. Read the whole deposition.

I read it; I just grabbed the page numbers for quick reference to Hilton. Tabor insists that Hilton did all the advertising for Insulated Wall Systems on his own, that he was not working for Tabor, even though Tabor id's his own handwriting; and that this Mack Hilton is not the Mack Hilton who the homeowner identifies as the man who worked on the shoddy deck!

In the wikizine, the homeowner seems to be the person who gave the photo of Hilton's van and tag number to police. :clap:

Several young male hikers are saying they saw Hilton in the area around Franklin, NC (Winding Stair area on the Appalachian Trail) in October before the Bryants went missing. This is the area where John Bryant's remains were found. They talked with him and say he was creepy. (They have informed LE)

I'm not quite buying into the Tabor's story... As everybody points out, why on earth would a homeless guy in need of money tear up a substantial check? Why turn down a chunk of free money but then go kidnap/kill somebody for a little bit of money? So, either the Tabors aren't quite being honest about handing Hilton free money...

Or maybe Hilton preferred kidnapping and killing for his money - he wasn't in it for money so much as for the thrill of the chase etc., and if he had money, he couldn't "rationalize" getting money by killing some poor hiker.

In my opinion, it wasn't about the money. He could have gotten money any number of easier ways. I believe the thrill was in the killing and the money was icing on the cake.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supaonnie28
Back