Death Row Inmates Have Web Pages

Some of those ads that are up, the inmate has been executed already and it hasn't been updated. Pen Pal ads are illegal in Florida unless the ad was placed before the law was established. (Such is the case of my pen pal.) The addresses aren't always up to date either.

Some people legitimately need legal assistance because they are INNOCENT (just check the innocence project) and have no other way of anyone listening because everyone assumes that because you are in jail, you are a bad person. (Keep in mind, I was almost in prison for five years due to that little mistake I made last week that was totally innocent of any purposeful misdeed on my part.) Up the type of crime and you up the punishment, but not always the guilt.

Some people have no family and try to sell their artwork so they can have canteen funds. It's not a life of crime, it's the sale of something. One of my inmates (free of charge) made me a jewelry box out of pencils and stuff - took him forever and a day, but it's really cool because they have the time to put into it.

Now - that being said - MY experiences with pen pals of MINE have been wonderful. I DO KNOW of some guys who are in Nevada on racketeering charges and are extorting money and doing things that they shouldn't be doing "on the outside from the inside" but they are doing it with help from officers and "girlfriends" that believe the guys love them. THAT is wrong. The officers should know better. (The girls should know better!) But not every pen pal situation is horrific and bad. Many are awesome.

I just read a thing in "weird news" about two ladies who have been pen pals for 57 years across the seas. They talk about how close they are and what good friends they are. Why is it so easy to think that is cool and believe in that friendship, but so hard to accept that a prison pen pal could be any different?

Looking at some of these pages, it suprises me how many insist that they are innocent:waitasec: Wow, maybe they should take their word for it and let them out. NOT!

:behindbar This is where they belong and should be a man (or woman) and owe up to what they did.

I especially did not enjoy reading Scott Peterson's page. , he should not even have the right to post pics of Lacy or refer to her as his wife.

Why is it so easy to think that is cool and believe in that friendship, but so hard to accept that a prison pen pal could be any different?

Because in many cases, the prisoners have committed horrific crimes.

I know people are wrongly convicted, but the vast majority of prisoners are in there for a reason.

Looking at some of these pages, it suprises me how many insist that they are innocent:waitasec: Wow, maybe they should take their word for it and let them out. NOT!

:behindbar This is where they belong and should be a man (or woman) and owe up to what they did.

The sad truth is, some of these people are innocent. I feel for those who have been wrongly accused.

Funny, (not really) but every person listed on Death Row in Cal is Innocent!!! Wrongly convicted. Wow!!! That sure is alot of them...........:eek:
(being sarcastic here)

The sad truth is, some of these people are innocent. I feel for those who have been wrongly accused.

I agree that there ARE innocent people on death row but that number is very small compaired with the number who insist that they are innocent. I only saw 1 on the florida list that claimed he was guilty but said that he found god because of some indian spirital event after he got to deathrow and is appealing his sentence.

I would just like to see a few of them admit what they did, show remorse, and maybe fess up if they where involved in any other murders. If they did maybe then I could feel less cynical.

What changes do you think should be made?

By the way, if they just went ahead and executed these guys, they wouldn't have to deal with this issue at all.

What changes do you think should be made?

By the way, if they just went ahead and executed these guys, they wouldn't have to deal with this issue at all.

Public hangings, faster appeals process, the DP applied fairly across the board and mandatory removal of prosecutors for false convictions.

But I'll settle for them taking down the webpages. :)

Public hangings, faster appeals process, the DP applied fairly across the board and mandatory removal of prosecutors for false convictions.

But I'll settle for them taking down the webpages. :)

I agree with everything. The problem is that the webpages are put up by others. You can't stop people not convicted of any crimes from posting what they'd like on the internet.

If I need a pen-pal I choose : http://www.penpalsforsoldiers.org/index.php

Long story short I got involved with a friend of a friend that needed someone to write him.. well after awhile the asking for $$ got too much & then he started to get anxious..in a threatening way. Thank God I used a PO Box.

NO NO NO!!!
What the hell is wrong in this world that Charles Ng can communicate with the outside world. Why is he still breathing air? Why has some gangbanger in prison not slashed his throat? WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!

If any of you believe that these freaks need compassion, go read about Charles Ng! Better yet, let me tell you a story that is NOT on the websites.

Charles Ng and Leonard Lake kidnapped a young family. (2 young families, in fact, at seperate times) Ng videos himself and Lake raping and torturing these women. What they did, they took the 1 year old son of the woman and BURNED him alive. Later in prison NG drew a picture of this child served up like a Thanksgiving turkey. A little innocent baby! The second baby, I believe was strangled.

I believe several of Californias missing people from the late 70's early 80's (in that area) are directly linked to these killers and I also believe Lakes wife "Cricket" is directly involved too. She tampered with evidence but the cops did not charge her. She deleted some of the videos. She should be on death row herself.

I am shaking! I am so angry! This is not a human. Ng is a vile piece of vomit. He deserves nothing less than HELL.

Because in many cases, the prisoners have committed horrific crimes.

I know people are wrongly convicted, but the vast majority of prisoners are in there for a reason.

I don't think sane people disagree that the majority of people are arrested for a reason. I just honestly believe the publication of the horrific crimes everyone brings up for examples of monsters who are convicted makes the general population totally ignore the fact that they are advocating speeding up the killings and killing innocent people in their bloodlust to kill the examples they read about.

The newspapers do not spend alot of time publishing the stories of the innocent or the less culpable or anything that could change the opinion. People need more information than just "Charles Mansion is evil, therefore we should kill a couple thousand people rapidly because death row has only people like him on it." That's just not the truth. In my experience, it's not even close.

NO NO NO!!!
What the hell is wrong in this world that Charles Ng can communicate with the outside world. Why is he still breathing air? Why has some gangbanger in prison not slashed his throat? WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!....

Because you didn't write to his cellmate and say "Charles Ng said your Moma was his beotch."

It wouldn't take long....

(In my evil heart of hearts I wanted to write my ex husband's roommate when he was arrested and tell him the truth, that he was in there for having a 16 year old girlfriend in Texas. I knew it would lead to some added justice! Then I remembered I am a good person and I didn't do it.)

But I ENJOYED the thought!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=194656370

Tremane Wood
, #271967, Oklahoma State Penitentiary, H-Unit SW 4-F

Thank you for taking the time to check out my page! My name is Tremane, and I am currently living on Oklahoma's Death Row. I am new to MySpace, and I am hoping to find some new friends who are willing to write to me. Death Row is a lonely and isolated place. I rarely have visitors. I have seen many people that I have grown to love and respect walk to their deaths. While my body may be confined, my mind remains free.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump
Back