Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, here is a copy of my post from the possible vics thread, NY, where his name/case was submitted by SS. Here is my post from 12:50PM today to update the record..

He was leaving a COSTUME PARTY?? Remind you of anyone?
Chris Jenkins was found in his Indian costume.

The weekend the detectives breaking their hypothesis on these similar cases are in NY, using the Chris Jenkins case as their case study, who went missing the eve of Halloween dressed in costume- wtf??
This guy was from St. Paul???

This is no coincidence, imo.

Body found in water in NY, kid in a costume at a party, from St. Paul. OMG. The killers are mocking and sneering.

I expect to hear from the local reporter Kristi Piehl who has been working so hard on this tonight, esp since this kid was from St. Paul. I tell you I am just sick.

Eve

Does anyone know the religious affiliations of the victims?

Are they all Catholic? I know many are. Could an insane group of anti-Catholics be at work, stepping up their killing after the Pope's visit??? Way out there, yes, but...

I really just can't believe LE is not seeing these are too many coincidences. We have *4* LE neighbors, and they all tell me I'm going to be really embarrassed when it's proven these are all just accidents. I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Hi there.... New to this forum with much interest as I have a son in college.

In many of the articles I have read, they mentioned that Pennsylvania was one of the sites where a smiley face was found. Does anyone have any idea WHERE in PA? I am in PA and very curious.

Do these detectives have a blog or any type of website?

Thanks!

The detectives do have a website. I'll add the link below.

http://nationwideinvestigations.us/contact.html

I too am curious about PA. I have found two PA students who were found dead in water after a night out with friends. However they did not die in PA..ONE IN WVA AND ONE IN NYC. So , I don't think these are the deaths the detectives are talking about. I take it these deaths happened in PA and that smiley faces were involved by the phrasing of the detectives.

I keep searching for those two cases, but if you put in google drowned college men PA you get all the smiley face news articles we have read. I'll keep searching.

Wow, just signed back in. Did you all notice that we have 98 readers here right now? Ok, going to catch up now.

I am telling you,I hung with the biggest drunks in the world in my day. There motto was,"party til you puke". We partied near rivers,lakes,ponds,pools and I can tell you for a fact,not one of them fell in a body of water and drowned or even came close to it.
There is something going on here for this many college students to meet the same fate.

Does anyone know the religious affiliations of the victims?

Are they all Catholic? I know many are. Could an insane group of anti-Catholics be at work, stepping up their killing after the Pope's visit??? Way out there, yes, but...

I really just can't believe LE is not seeing these are too many coincidences. We have *4* LE neighbors, and they all tell me I'm going to be really embarrassed when it's proven these are all just accidents. I DON'T THINK SO!!! QUOTE]

You know, seriously, I just don't get this. Why are so many in LE reluctant to consider these murders rather than accidents? I honestly believe if the victims were women, instead of young men who were partying, they would have already come to that conclusion. Anyone know how long it took before the Green Rivers victims were seen as being related? I realize the bodies showed obvious signs of murder, but still, just wondering...

It blows me away.

Eve

From wisconsininhistory.org

Term: Sinsinawa [origin of place name]

Definition: Explanation 1: Name derived from the Indian word "jinawe," meaning rattle snake. Sinsinawa Mound has always been known for its rattlers. Explanation 2: A Sioux word meaning "home of the young eagle."
[Source: Explanation 1: Smith, Huron H. Wis. Indian Peace Names. Milwaukee Public Museum. Yearbook 1930. Explanation 2: Centennial Records of the Women of Wisconsin. (Madison, 1876) page 22.]

I can sure read alot in these meanings. Would it be ok to start a new thread on the word Sinsinawa?

From wisconsininhistory.org

Term: Sinsinawa [origin of place name]

Definition: Explanation 1: Name derived from the Indian word "jinawe," meaning rattle snake. Sinsinawa Mound has always been known for its rattlers. Explanation 2: A Sioux word meaning "home of the young eagle."
[Source: Explanation 1: Smith, Huron H. Wis. Indian Peace Names. Milwaukee Public Museum. Yearbook 1930. Explanation 2: Centennial Records of the Women of Wisconsin. (Madison, 1876) page 22.]

I can sure read alot in these meanings. Would it be ok to start a new thread on the word Sinsinawa?

Absolutely..you can start a thread at the top of the main page of the forum just click new thread and keep going from there.

I am telling you,I hung with the biggest drunks in the world in my day. There motto was,"party til you puke". We partied near rivers,lakes,ponds,pools and I can tell you for a fact,not one of them fell in a body of water and drowned or even came close to it.
There is something going on here for this many college students to meet the same fate.

La Crosse, WI is the site for Oktoberfest since at least 1965. It is a drunken celebration held on the banks of the Mississippi. My parents cannot recall a drowning death EVER from 1965 to 1980. This was also back in the day of the 18 year old drinking age!!

I totally agree with you.

Statement From The President Of Ithaca College On Missing Student
April 30, 2008
Ithaca College President Peggy R. Williams issued the following statement.

I deeply regret that I must inform the campus community of the tragic loss of one of our students. This morning searchers found the body of freshman student William Jacobson in the Farm Road Pond on campus.

The Ithaca Police Department and other agencies continue to investigate this incident, and more information from them will be forthcoming.
Full article: click here

The detectives do have a website. I'll add the link below.

http://nationwideinvestigations.us/contact.html

I too am curious about PA. I have found two PA students who were found dead in water after a night out with friends. However they did not die in PA..ONE IN WVA AND ONE IN NYC. So , I don't think these are the deaths the detectives are talking about. I take it these deaths happened in PA and that smiley faces were involved by the phrasing of the detectives.

I keep searching for those two cases, but if you put in google drowned college men PA you get all the smiley face news articles we have read. I'll keep searching.

There was a case of a missing man in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area last year who disappeared at the St Patrick's Day parade in Scranton. He was a student at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia who came home for the weekend. His name was Matthew Grendel. He was found a couple months later floating in a body of water.

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?s=6575761

I totally agree with you.

Ditto here. Not proud of my college drinking perhaps (and back in the day, we were legal at 18) but proud and grateful I guess, that none of us ever ended up drunk and in danger in the water. Honestly. We were partying around lakes, rivers, on boats and I don't recall even a scare in the water, let alone a drowning. We went on spring breaks at beaches, on cruises, etc. No water deaths. Lots of booze. I went to college in Iowa City, another college town on a river. No drownings there that I can recall, while I was there. Many parties. Many drunken parties. Does "Joe-cop" lack this perspective or what? No offense to any specifc cops, I am just not tracking with this, it seems so obvious that these should be investigated as serial killings.

If these young men had been walking home from libraries instead of attending parties would they be investigating this now?

Eve

Statement From The President Of Ithaca College On Missing Student
April 30, 2008
Ithaca College President Peggy R. Williams issued the following statement.

Full article: click here

Thanks Shadow, I wonder how his case maps out as far as where he left the party and where his dorm and the pond was? Geographically does where he was found make sense?

It seems like in alot of these cases the ending point doesn't match up to where these guys would have logically been headed to such as their home, car, etc.

"If these young men had been walking home from libraries instead of attending parties would they be investigating this now?"

You hit the nail on the head. That is the issue right there.I know that in NYS,all LE agencies have pretty much said they are not investigating any of these drownings and consider the cases closed. If I were a parent of one of these guys I would be up in arms.At least give it some consideration.

Thanks Shadow, I wonder how his case maps out as far as where he left the party and where his dorm and the pond was? Geographically does where he was found make sense?

It seems like in alot of these cases the ending point doesn't match up to where these guys would have logically been headed to such as their home, car, etc.

Just when I thought this case/cases could not get any more bizarre-
He was dressed as William Shakespeare-

I think that if anyone is killing these young men, it is someone who sees himself as a loser. He doesn't like fellows who are successful in his eyes, or "better" than himself. All of these victims were some combination of attractive, athletic, high-acheivers.

I'm sticking with the killer who weilds some type of control over an accomplice or two. Still can't see it being a "gang".

Susan

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/18331869.html

The retired cops also said they discovered the word "sinsiniwa" among some graffiti written in Michigan. That's also the name of the street where Matthew Kruziki was last seen before he disappeared in East Dubuque.
"They have a feeling there's a connection," Bill Kruziki, Matthew's father, told Newsradio 620 WTMJ. Kruziki is a former Wisconsin U.S. Marshall. He spent Monday in New York City, pushing the FBI to get involved in the cases

Click here to listen to Newsradio 620 WTMJ's John Jagler and Gene Mueller talk with former U.S. Marshall Bill Kruziki, the father of Matthew Kruziki, a drowning victim.

ETA: I can't get the audio to start. But will leave the link up in case others have better luck.

It does seem that way.

Speaking of trying to identify patterns, and in light of the number of cases, I'm putting together a database in hopes of generating detailed profiles. As soon as I get the thing done, I'll provide those interested in helping to compile the data with a link & login to the data entry page. The results will be publicly searchable, and time permitting, I will add auto stats & graph generation. I hope to have the basic part completed in the next day or so (hopefully sooner). In the mean time, I've added these recently noted tragic cases to my crime map which can be found here. I am very likely missing some. I am hoping however, through a joint effort, these can be added once I get the data entry page set up.

That article clarified something for me I think is posted differently in a few posts. SINSINIWA, was the last street Matt was seen on- not where he was found, as I have seen reported, was confusing to me so I thought I would share.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM